Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

12 hours ago, tBBP said:

Well yeah, but...

1959-los-angeles-rams-art-row-one-brand.

pittsburgh-steelers-bobby-layne-bettmann

As a relic to throwback looks of times past, I can rock with it. (That is, if the 32s put some proper stripes on them...)

The stripes on the pants in these examples make a HUGE difference from that Commanders look. Even if they’re not yellow pants, having some yellow on them — as opposed to the white leotard look — gives it more balance.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

The stripes on the pants in these examples make a HUGE difference from that Commanders look. Even if they’re not yellow pants, having some yellow on them — as opposed to the white leotard look — gives it more balance.

The stripes help somewhat, but we can’t act like these aren’t vastly inferior to their yellow-pantsed progeny. Not *every* uniform from the 60s is something that teams should be trying to work back to.

Also I find it really funny that both of those uniforms have the exact same design (yellow northwestern stripe on a dark jersey, thin dark-yellow-dark braisher stripe on white pants).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

They could still use the previous white pants with the b/g stripe and be completely okay

They could, but they won't. The previous gold pants would look even better, but they won't use those either, and I'm not sure they even have them on hand anymore.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Something I just noticed about is the colors for Washington via Pantone. From what it looks like, they changed the shade of the burgundy to more of a maroon color.

https://teamcolorcodes.com/washington-(Commanders)-color-codes/

Was this announced at any point during the unveiling process because I must've missed it. I also haven't seen the new and old uniforms side-by-side, so I don't know how different they are to one another.

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

Something I just noticed about is the colors for Washington via Pantone. From what it looks like, they changed the shade of the burgundy to more of a maroon color.

Was this announced at any point during the unveiling process because I must've missed it. I also haven't seen the new and old uniforms side-by-side, so I don't know how different they are to one another.

According to @TruColor's website, it did not change. I would trust his information.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Forgot about @TruColor. There are several different websites that list the team's associated colors and of course, they are all slightly different.

Maroon/Burgundy is such a hard color to distinguish, though looking online, I don't see a difference in both of Washington's previous and current jerseys.

42 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Forgot about @TruColor. There are several different websites that list the team's associated colors and of course, they are all slightly different.

Maroon/Burgundy is such a hard color to distinguish, though looking online, I don't see a difference in both of Washington's previous and current jerseys.

But TruColor is 99% of the time getting his info straight from the source. I feel like these other sites are guesstimating half the time. Also can confirm that TruColor has the right Pantone for Washington per their logo guide.

• Like 5

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

8 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Team Color Codes is a very poor reference for official colors. They not only get the current burgundy wrong, but they say Washington used the same shade from 1983-2020. They used three different shades during that time, with the one they reference being used from 2002-2015. They also used a brighter gold for most of that time.

I do have questions about how well the fabric colors actually correlate to the Pantone colors though. When they darkened the color in 2002, the uniforms also seemed to get a bit darker, but the fabric color didn't seem to change in 2016 when they last darkened the Pantone color.

spacer.png

On 6/4/2022 at 10:27 AM, gosioux76 said:

Agreed - those Rams pants look much less leotarded. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the Commanders new look doesn't work at all for me in that picture. 

The white pants don't look awful, but the lack of striping does bring them down. Issue is, the jersey and helmet have two completely different stripings, so which do you go with for the pants? Then you have the issue of not being able to use Yellow on said pants unless Washington wanted to have two seperate pairs of white pants. 

Also, the helmet. It feels like no teams anymore want to use white or contrasting coloured facemasks. Also, the yellow stripe is going to CLASH so much with the white jersey that by default, the dumb looking black helmet will be the better of the two to pair with it. 

Ugh. 

• Like 4

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

2 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Also, the helmet. It feels like no teams anymore want to use white or contrasting coloured facemasks. Also, the yellow stripe is going to CLASH so much with the white jersey that by default, the dumb looking black helmet will be the better of the two to pair with it. 

Ugh. 

But... the black helmet also has gold on it. The only set without gold is the white one. Maybe they'll swap decals out?

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, CDCLT said:

But... the black helmet also has gold on it. The only set without gold is the white one. Maybe they'll swap decals out?

They’re not going to do that. They’ve probably already argued internally that the yellow swooshes are enough to tie it all together.

You know, we sit here and hem and haw about why teams always do BFBS, why multibillion dollar franchises spend months on redesigns only for them to turn out looking like garbage, but the reality is that BFBS and garbage uniforms will be a thing until the day that an uninspired, garbage uniform set with a random BFBS alternate is NOT met with “yoooooo these are fire!!!!1!11! 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Also, what a horribly written article. The entire section on the white uniform consists of this sentence:

I know the gradient numbers have thrown some off, but these are just super clean.

Really breaking out the descriptive language there, huh?

And let’s not forget this gem:

I can’t remember the last time someone described burgundy and black as a combination that “popped.”

• Like 4

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Am I the only one that always reads that web header as “hog shaven”?

If I had a hog that was ugly as those uniforms, I'd shave his butt and tell him to walk backwards.

• Like 1

spacer.png