NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

44 minutes ago, auguststaley said:

I am a bit surprised there have been no hints from teams or leaks from anybody about this. Maybe that means there won't be any uni overhauls this offseason, just tweaks (a la the Colts) or additions (Rams).

Well we've already had one uni overhaul...and there's been talk about 15 alternate helmets (which we assume means new throwback jerseys for at least the Pats and Bucs). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Blast_Brothers said:

The flag keeps showing up in Cardinals redesigns because it's the only unique design element they've ever had. Even the piping they use now isn't all that special.

Take the flag out of the equation, and you're left with uniforms any team could wear. Their uniform history is extremely uninteresting, and it's not even consistent enough to be iconic like the Raiders, Colts, or Packers' uniforms are. Recoloring the Jags' uniforms in red and white produces a pleasing result, but it also shows how much Jacksonville's unique color scheme covered for their plainness. Unless the Cardinals feel like radically reinventing their brand, leaning on the flag imagery is probably the best way forward.

I think to some of the old timers (including me) there's an overall aesthetic where after ww2 as the league matured into the tv era the nfl really differentiated its uniforms from college which may have evoked the image of the sunday uniform as professional business attire as opposed to other amateur outfits that did not have such clean aesthetic. I'm off on a bit of a tangent here but the cardinals are one of the oldest franchises in the league and what I am saying is that they do not have to do the over the top storytelling and have every single element embellished like the abomination the rams have put on the field. A nice clean and classic uniform for the cards would be very effective.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

On 2/9/2022 at 6:55 PM, HopewellJones said:

Whenever they eventually rebrand, there's no way they don't include at least a little copper. 

Well you’d be wrong but ok

7 hours ago, JustForFun said:

I sort of agree. But the issue is that the flag colors really clash with red. 

A total rebrand is the way to go. Cardinals are just barely native to the state, anyway.

Yellow, blue, and RED clash with red?

• LOL 3

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

A desert mountain range on the Cardinals sleeves would be a better design choice than anything state flag related

Because if there is one thing Arizona is known for is it’s mountains, and not one of the most identifiable flags in the country.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dont care said:

Because if there is one thing Arizona is known for is it’s mountains, and not one of the most identifiable flags in the country.

Sure, but it still sucks on the uniforms.

Put in on the bumper of the helmet only and call it a day.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 5

7 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

My ideal Arizona Cardinals would look similar to this, courtesy of @oldschoolvikings

dU1WvKw.png

Yes this is perfect!

Not sure how to find the article again, but apparently D-Hop mentioned that maybe the reason Kyler took all of his AZ pictures down is because he wanted to replace them with new pictures with new uniforms. Sounds like there is finally some movement towards a new set.

7 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

I know people love to complain about literally everything in this sub......but what's wrong with that logo? Its fine. Who cares?

It's a logos and sports design forum.  The whole backbone of the animal is criticism. 

That TNF Amazon logo is objectively half-assed. 

• Like 11
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Cardinals are a good example of how a design can change when the template changes. The 2006 version looked a quite a bit different than it does today.

USATSI_2112759.jpg
1179847456.jpg.jpg

The angle on the shoulder yoke has changed. The pants pattern is a little different. The collar lacks the inner black piping. The white armpit inserts have different shapes.

I've always had a theory that the original idea was to have a red, rounder shoulder yoke that extended to the sleeve cuff with the side panel being its own thing. The black trim is just extra. however, over time it just became a single insert. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

......but what's wrong with that logo? Its fine.

the F in Football is cut off… and that’s the most important word in the logo. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, FSUViking said:

I know people love to complain about literally everything in this sub......but what's wrong with that logo? Its fine. Who cares?

The fact that the contents within the shield (aside from the NFL and Prime Video logo) are italicized while the shield itself isn’t is driving me crazy. It’s causing a lot of visual confusion for me, and that’s a huge knock I have towards it. A design ought to allow for your eyes to be comfortably guided through a composition, and I don’t know whether this shield is “in motion” or not. That’s a legitimate problem.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FSUViking said:

My first thoughts are that the content doesn't fit the frame. There is so much wasted space and nothing is done with intention. You can take the exact same content, re-arrange it to fit the frame, and it instantly reads better while adhering to the frame of the shield. 

spacer.png

• Like 8