NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

On 3/31/2022 at 4:13 PM, willforgetmylogin said:

So, this could absolutely be nothing, but Russell Wilson released a video yesterday of his offseason preparation through his production company. Now just about any other player I wouldn't give this the time of day, but Russell's media team is infamous for being obsessive in everything they do, in fact note that while there seems to be a ton of bottles around him, all are from companies he's partnered with or sponsored by.

Which makes it at the very least curious what the production company chose to be on screen behind Russell mysteriously blurred out despite the control bar being pretty visible..

I'll let you all be the judge.

spacer.png

It looks like the blue-sleeved AFL jersey paired with the Orange Crush helmet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

It looks like the blue-sleeved AFL jersey paired with the Orange Crush helmet. 

It's pretty clear that it's this photoshop (the white/red/blue spots above his right arm next to his helmet are a dead giveaway). 

Rapid Reaction: Russell Wilson Traded to the Denver Broncos — BRoto Fantasy  Football

Ciara was wearing throwback gear when Russell and she visited a Denver hospital before the trade was official...I think they both like the Orange Crush look. 

Russell Wilson, Ciara visit Colorado hospital after Broncos trade

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:25 PM, crabdaman56 said:

From that one leak buried from a bit ago, it was Philadelphia, Washington, Cincinnati, Houston, Chicago, Cleveland, arizona, jets, and Carolina 

A couple of reputable online shops that sell retail helmets have pre-orders for all of those teams except the Jets and Browns. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:25 PM, crabdaman56 said:

From that one leak buried from a bit ago, it was Philadelphia, Washington, Cincinnati, Houston, Chicago, Cleveland, arizona, jets, and Carolina 

I believe that New Orleans was on that list, as well.

On 4/1/2022 at 11:27 AM, NFLfan10 said:

I got very angry until I realized it's April Fools Day. The sad reality is that we have reached a point where pretty much any team adding an all-black alternate is 100% believable.

That buffalo wing inspired logo is a work of mad genius.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

That buffalo wing inspired logo is a work of mad genius.

The OG fan versions are even better.

spacer.png

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • WOAH 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 3:12 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

Really hope we see those Browns Color Rush unis back. Unpopular opinion but I really like them.

Potential unpopular opinion: I like the idea of Orange jerseys in the style of the Browns' inverted jerseys...

ff_4133477-080f7447e4b0de216c6dalt1_full

...paired with their regular White or Brown pants a lot more for an alternate. These orange tops seem to be inspired (whether intentionally or not) by the 1954 and 1955 preseason set:

54orange.PNG

Of course, white numbers would also look good, as Cleveland wore that for the 1953 season opener (according to the same page I linked above).

Edited by DustDevil61
intentionally or not
  • Like 15
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, crabdaman56 said:

I’m genuinely curious if there are any updates so far at all this year regarding any news on any new uniform because this has been one of the driest offseasons yet

As far as I know, the biggest thing this offseason is the Commanders plus the one-helmet rule abolition (although it seems like most teams won't use it until 2023). The Rams are also supposed to get a new alt but surprising we haven't heard about it yet. Then again, I don't think we got the white jerseys unveiled last year until mid-Summer.

fiowXOD.png

On 4/1/2022 at 6:52 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

Ok, I can! Here's pics of what 2023 will bring.

1994 Collector's Choice Football Silver #246 Rich Miano Philadelphia Eagles  | eBay

Cleveland Browns Earnest Byner should be in the Hall of Fame

Mike Zordich | Cowboys vs, Philadelphia eagles, Dallas cowboys

1995 Stadium Club Football #019 Andy Harmon - Philadelphia Eagles

Remembering Buddy Ryan's 1988 Philadelphia Eagles

The best rookie seasons in Philadelphia Eagles history

As great as I think these sets are, I've always felt the black number outlines were unnecessary even back then; Silver would've been perfect. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Can anyone clarify that the additional helmet can only be used the allotted amount of times that alternate jerseys follow? I really don't want to see teams like the Eagles wearing black helmets with the white jerseys for instance.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-approves-alternate-helmets-beginning-in-2022

The revised policy allows teams to utilize a second (alternate color) approved helmet to pair with their Alternate, Classic and/or Color Rush uniforms.

Any alt. Not allowed to be used with primary home/road jerseys.

Quick edit: There are also conflicting reports about Washington using the black helmet with the white and alt jerseys. We won't know for sure until they begin to take the field.

Edited by QCS
Clarification
  • Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

Rules schmules.  I have zero doubt that, despite whatever "rules" may or may not be written somewhere, within a a season or two at the most,  teams with non-throwback alternate helmets will begin to mix them in with whatever uniform they damn well please.  And the league won't do squat to stop them... for that matter is there any punitive measure in place anyway?

Once teams like Carolina, Jacksonville, and Baltimore (already "blessed" with horrible design sense, and a 16 year old's complete lack of restraint when it comes to racking up the ugly combination attempts) acquire alternate helmets, you'll start to some real mix and match crap that will make some low rent NCAA loser school give a big thumbs up. 

According to Grid Iron Database, last year the Ravens, Panthers, and Jags wore ten different combos, the Rams wore nine, and the Bengals wore eleven. Give these pinheads an extra helmet, step back, and watch how carefully they follow the "rules".

• Like 18

On 4/13/2022 at 4:52 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Rules schmules.  I have zero doubt that, despite whatever "rules" may or may not be written somewhere, within a a season or two at the most,  teams with non-throwback alternate helmets will begin to mix them in with whatever uniform they damn well please.  And the league won't do squat to stop them... for that matter is there any punitive measure in place anyway?

Once teams like Carolina, Jacksonville, and Baltimore (already "blessed" with horrible design sense, and a 16 year old's complete lack of restraint when it comes to racking up the ugly combination attempts) acquire alternate helmets, you'll start to some real mix and match crap that will make some low rent NCAA loser school give a big thumbs up. 

According to Grid Iron Database, last year the Ravens, Panthers, and Jags wore ten different combos, the Rams wore nine, and the Bengals wore eleven. Give these pinheads an extra helmet, step back, and watch how carefully they follow the "rules".

*cough* *cough* jags wore 12 *cough*

11 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Unpopular opinion: the royal and silver hawks uniforms were originally tosu recolors and their final iteration made them look like a copy of the lions on standard def tv. While the logo was always great the original color scheme was pretty forgettable . The missed opportunity was the seahawk blue era and not pairing that unique color with  good looking uniforms.

17 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Unpopular opinion: the royal and silver hawks uniforms were originally tosu recolors and their final iteration made them look like a copy of the lions on standard def tv. While the logo was always great the original color scheme was pretty forgettable . The missed opportunity was the seahawk blue era and not pairing that unique color with  good looking uniforms.

No chance these were ever confused with Detroit. Honolulu blue looked nothing like this.

• Like 7

It's where I sit.