NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Here's how you make a sleeve logo work on a football jersey.,,

spacer.png

Just repeating the helmet logo is lazy.

The vast majority of those uniforms have the primary logo on the sleeves, with helmet decals that play off the design of the helmet. 

As a fan that would buy a jersey, I’d rather have a primary logo on the jersey no matter what the helmet is doing, which is probably why we’ve seen the Falcons (across decades), Saints, Patriots, Cowboys alt/throwback, Dolphins, Seahawks throwback/2000s, Panthers, et al stick with the main logo. 

It’s not much different in baseball, where some teams have hat logos and sleeve patches that are the same, and work just as well as teams that have patches that aren’t hat logos. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:13 PM, BBTV said:

no sane fan walks around in a jersey and helmet, it's fine, but definitely redundant.

I stand corrected, though I wonder if it was a conscious choice to not double up on Elvi.  I'm also wondering at what point she realizes that drinking that beer will be harder than expected.

nfl-twitter-earnings.jpg

Here's another fan in a helmet, though this proves my point, because this clown is NOT sane.  Why would you choose to do this?  And why would she allow it?

131930727d748523890b95165cd2b120

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I stand corrected, though I wonder if it was a conscious choice to not double up on Elvi.  I'm also wondering at what point 

Here's another fan in a helmet, though this proves my point, because this clown is NOT sane.  Why would you choose to do this?  And why would she allow it?

Groom should have worn a white suit so that the couple matches the cake.

I saw, I came, I left.

2 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

Groom should have worn a white suit so that the couple matches the cake.

League rules probably didn't allow it.  I assume she was the home team and chose white for the wedding, forcing him to wear dark.  There's no other explanation.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 25

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, BBTV said:

I stand corrected, though I wonder if it was a conscious choice to not double up on Elvi.  I'm also wondering at what point she realizes that drinking that beer will be harder than expected.

nfl-twitter-earnings.jpg

She’s a pro. If you look closely, you’ll see she’s drinking with a straw.

The Groom is just wearing his white jersey (the one pictured on the cake) underneath his black sideline cape.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

11 hours ago, BBTV said:

nfl-twitter-earnings.jpg

Any wife that's down with this is a keeper!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Dislike 2

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

On 6/25/2022 at 6:40 PM, BBTV said:

did they even bother to make a secondary logo to go with Elvis? All I remember is the NE one that I think was a Zephyr creation. 

IIRC that one was a Nike creation

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 6/25/2022 at 3:10 PM, Crabcake said:

And blowing up that logo to 3x the size of a normal sleeve logo and placing it on the shoulders instead of the sleeves only exacerbates the issue.  I continue to fail to see what everyone else seems to see in the Bledsoe-era uniforms.

Sometimes a convention of design can be broken so thoroughly and absurdly that it comes back around and becomes awesome.

The Bledsoe era sleeve Elvis's are comically oversized but that's also what makes the cool.

• Like 9

On 6/23/2022 at 8:02 PM, BBTV said:

Is the Eagles now-former wordmark included in the logo slick as a "jersey-only" logo since it'll be on the jersey for up to two more seasons?  While it's the Eagles own fault for knowing the rules and messing up their timing (or, not messing it up but just planning poorly), it seems like a minor-enough change to be allowed to get done after this season.  Not sure the manufacturers would need much lead time to put a different little patch under the collar.  I more feel for all the fans that just bought AJ Brown, Reddick, and Dean jerseys.

If they are making a change, I’d assume finally hearing about the one-shell rule going away was one of the major factors into deciding to do it, hearing if they can indeed use 3 will also factor into the finally choices.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:57 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Here's how you make a sleeve logo work on a football jersey.,,

spacer.png

Just repeating the helmet logo is lazy.

I’d love to see an actually designed full eagle that isn’t just the current head plopped on the retro bird’s body as a new alt logo if they are indeed refreshing those too.

but I am a sucker for this style too

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 4:43 PM, WSU151 said:

The Oilers' derrick (and similarly, the Roughnecks XFL logo) is nearly the exact same shape as Pat Patriot (Pat might even be more horizontal), and nearly everyone thought it was fantastic and want it too return, too. In this photo, Pat covers far more of the side of the helmet, which is actually a good thing. 

NFL 100: Best players in Tennessee Titans-Houston Oilers history 

The Oilers' logo is at least simple and legible at any size or angle. Pat Patriot is the worst of both worlds: overly detailed and ill-suited to a helmet.

• Like 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

17 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The Oilers' logo is at least simple and legible at any size or angle. Pat Patriot is the worst of both worlds: overly detailed and ill-suited to a helmet.

Nothing you've said on the topic of Pat Patriot is incorrect. I can't argue with a lick of it. Yet, I still love the damn thing on a helmet. It's confounding. There's so much wrong with it, yet it still works for me in ways I can't explain. 

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I absolutely agree about it being overly detailed. I happen to think it works just fine on a helmet, though.

An issue with Flying Elvis is its depth to the back of the helmet, eliminating the possibility of helmet stripes. That isn't a flaw, but I have seen concepts that try to homogenize things by adding stripes to a helmet with Elvis, and that won't fit (unless the stripes are truncated or Elvis is modified, and I haven't seen a concept that does that).

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

On 6/26/2022 at 9:48 AM, BBTV said:

On 6/26/2022 at 9:37 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Any wife that's down with this is a keeper!

That's a hard no. You don't want a wife that's so indulgent of your obsessions she's willing to let you make a complete jackass out of yourself in public. Someone needed to be the adult in the room, and it sure wasn't going to be this nimrod.

(Plus, it's not even the throwback helmet, which would be marginally more forgivable.)

• Like 8

On 6/26/2022 at 8:48 AM, BBTV said:

nfl-twitter-earnings.jpg

I work next to a Bills fan and as much as he talks about everything Bills, I'm surprised he didn't do this at his wedding. We can be talking about a car wreck and he'll bring it back to Jim Kelly playing in a snowstorm. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's a hard no. You don't want a wife that's so indulgent of your obsessions she's willing to let you make a complete jackass out of yourself in public. Someone needed to be the adult in the room, and it sure wasn't going to be this nimrod.

(Plus, it's not even the throwback helmet, which would be marginally more forgivable.)

Not to defend the guy, but isn't plausible that he's just doing a photo op here to mimic the goofy cake topper on the wedding cake? It's not like the guy was standing at the altar in a Dolphins helmet. I'm pretty sure there's some strange pictures of me at my wedding, too. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Not to defend the guy, but isn't plausible that he's just doing a photo op here to mimic the goofy cake topper on the wedding cake? It's not like the guy was standing at the altar in a Dolphins helmet. I'm pretty sure there's some strange pictures of me at my wedding, too. 

I'm glad someone finally said it – no reason to believe it's anything more than a funny photo-op. Turns out it made the media rounds in 2017.

• Like 1