NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

I still don’t love the Pats white jerseys. Something is just off about the shoulder stripes. I wish they would have gone red/white/red like the blue jersey? Same goes for the new gray pants.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

A rough idea of what this could look like:

spacer.pngspacer.png

This is how it always should have been.

Silver/White/Silver is just outstanding.  These pants, as someone else said, instantly make them a top NFL uni.  The Navy pants were never the right call.

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to a White pant for the White jersey.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The issue is the disagreement between the silver trim inside the numbers and the lack of silver trim in the shoulder and pant stripes. 

I think the most general consensus is the striping pattern should be reversed on the road jersey and the silver trim needs to be removed. 

Currently they look like a high school team.

8 minutes ago, Volt said:

Silver/White/Silver is just outstanding.  These pants, as someone else said, instantly make them a top NFL uni.  The Navy pants were never the right call.

Minus the plain white socks, I agree. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The issue is the disagreement between the silver trim inside the numbers and the lack of silver trim in the shoulder and pant stripes. 

I think the most general consensus is the striping pattern should be reversed on the road jersey and the silver trim needs to be removed. 

Currently they look like a high school team.

That sort of bugged me when it came out but I've come around on the silver. Maybe, maybe I could see switching the position of the silver on the numbers to the outer rather than the inner outlining but that's not a deal breaker for me.

I'm not sure what direction they're really going with the blue pants. Sometimes they're rolling with plain white socks, which looks good but they also have the navy socks with the red stripe, so not sure if there's a white equivalent.

Overall, I think the post 2020 uniform looks quite good and returning to the Brady-era pattern of navy over silver at home and white over navy on the road definitely works for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Volt said:

pats unis will never be top tier in the league...they are a mish/mash of eras combining a very dated early 90's logo with a classic ucla design...additionally the repeating of logos on the sleeve ar boring. The best they can hope for is inoffensive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AgentColon2 said:

Wondering if this would look better if they reversed the blue and red on the numbers. It would definitely give them a red team vibe.

That would create the same problem the giants have which is they look like a blue team at home and a red team on the road. This would be further exaggerated by not having a blue helmet with both sets.

• Like 2

I could nitpick some of the kerning and spacing issues going on with that but...as anniversary patches go, that one is pretty nice, for as simple as it is.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I could nitpick some of the kerning and spacing issues going on with that but...as anniversary patches go, that one is pretty nice, for as simple as it is.

Sure - it's also sort of mind-numbingly WFT (or WTF, not sure which is more appropriate) at this point in the franchise's existence. Maybe just let this anniversary pass quietly?

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

Yea they should've just let the anniversary pass, cause it more comes off they only care about that they were founded in 1932 and don't give a damn now about their time as their former name. Not even a simple gesture of having 90 in the old number font, but in the crappy new font with the stencil.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 6:12 PM, Cujo said:

Would need to add tv numbers for that to happen.

They would need to either drop the shoulder stripes or the sleeve logo (the latter would be better).

Still, in this day and age... I think TVs and cameras have evolved enough where TV numbers aren't even needed anymore. The Bengals and Chargers dropped them as well, so I think we may start seeing this more with upcoming uniform redesigns from other teams.

On 7/8/2022 at 7:06 AM, Volt said:

Problem is the pant's wont even be silver. unless,  God willing, they order the pants through Ripon or whoever still has the ability/ desire to make metallic pants.

On 7/8/2022 at 4:47 AM, 8BW14 said:

I still don’t love the Pats white jerseys. Something is just off about the shoulder stripes. I wish they would have gone red/white/red like the blue jersey? Same goes for the new gray pants.

Definitely not that. Would rather have seen them go NWRWN on the shoulders and white pants with same colored striping. Actually could have used that same striping pattern on silv... grey pants.

I think they'll probably go Silver/Blue/Silver and Silver/White/Blue as the main home and road looks. So as much as love Silver/White/Silver I don't how much we'll see it. That Silver/Blue/Silver home set is real nice too.

The Patriots jersey can't be considered good as long as it has the unnecessary gray outline around the numbers.  Being the only gray on the jersey, it makes the numbers look like they were just brought over from the last set without any thought.

I'm not one that requires 100% consistency across the board, but in this case, since it reduces the width of the red (or navy) stroke, it's glaring and should be fixed by either incorporating gray into the sleeve stripes, or eliminating it from the numbers.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."