NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

11 hours ago, nuordr said:

That is easy, the Jaguars as they wear junior high school pants. 

Worst pants in the league in my opinion: 

1. Jaguars & Commies (plain and boring, very generic) 
  2. Titans (The sword holster is awful compared to previous set)
  3. Jets (sad excuse for a stripe)
  4. Falcons (sad excuse for a stripe, especially considering their previous set was damn near perfect)
  5. Rams (make the stripes consistent on the bone, sol, and blue pants)
  6. Saints (hate the solid white and solid black pants, the gold pants stripe should match the helmet) 

Thats supposed to be a sword holster?

• Like 2

The flaming thumbtack logo has always been “meh” for me. Not the worst logo ever, but definitely not among the best in the NFL.

I’m not sure how I would go about depicting a “Titan” other than just leaning heavily on Greek imagery, but I wouldn’t have minded seeing the team try something new with their logo in their 2018 rebrand. Judging by how the uniforms turned out though, it probably wouldn’t have been great.

Speaking of the uniforms, I think @PERRIN’s design is about as close to perfect as one could get for them. Essentially, an update of the previous uniforms would have been nice. I’m one of the rare people who doesn’t mind the Titans’ current number font, although the thicker version on the light blue jersey is far superior. Otherwise, everything about their current uniforms can go in the dumpster.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Thats supposed to be a sword holster?

The exact wording "The uniforms also include angled silver striping on the pant legs, which are meant to invoke a sword's sheath. "

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/04/04/titans-new-uniforms-nfl-nike-tennessee-nashville-jersey-helmet-amy-adams-strunk-reveal/485926002/

spacer.png

23 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm a broken record, but the new uniforms -- while not the greatest -- are a huge improvement over what they were in.

Michael Vick of the Atlanta Falcons scrambles against the Green Bay... | Michael  vick, Atlanta falcons, AtlantaFalcons' Vick returns as starter

VS

2021 Fantasy Outlook: QB Matt Ryan - The Falcoholic

Falcons' Matt Ryan named NFC offensive player of the week

Seems like about "6 vs half a dozen" to me: to me the helmet finish is better but the silver, "ATL", and font are all worse.  The old piping is no more objectionable than the new stripe to me...I'd guess they'll both age similarly.  

• Like 3

The new Falcons unis are 100000x better than the previous ones. They're simple and clean, but striking. The font is kinda whacky but I like it. It ties in with their logo and branding well. 

Also, ATL doesn't bother me at all. That's a common moniker for Atlanta. It's wayyy different than the Pistons using "DET," for example. 

I've always loved uniforms that display the locale and the mascot equally. The Falcons uni fully displays "Atlanta Falcons." The old one has the "Falcons" script but already has the falcon logo, so it just reads as Falcons Falcons to me. 

• Like 3
  • Yawn 4

2 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

I've always loved uniforms that display the locale and the mascot equally. The Falcons uni fully displays "Atlanta Falcons." The old one has the "Falcons" script but already has the falcon logo, so it just reads as Falcons Falcons to me. 

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

On 9/21/2022 at 3:20 PM, FiddySicks said:

I’m never going to understand the hate for

the “Flaming Thumbtack” logo. That’s a GREAT logo, and looks awesome on the helmet. 

I don't get the hate either. I think it's a great logo, and the abstract novelty of it (blue flames, not entirely clear what the device is really supposed to be?) helped them be a Team From Nowhere that you could follow remotely and secondarily and not feel like you're getting in on something regional. Jags, same deal.

p.s., all that "Athens of the South" stuff never meant anything to anyone anywhere else; there's more Greek culture in your average Chicago suburb than there is in Nashville.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, HopewellJones said:

That’s not at all what I’m saying…interesting interpretation. 

You said the new jerseys are better than the old ones. By default, that means that the old ones were worse. 

Since the new jerseys definitely and objectivley* (this board loves that word) suck, and the old ones were worse, that means that the old jerseys sucked worse than the new ones do. And that argument is exactly what @oldschoolvikingswas poking holes in.

I rest my case.

*plz don't fight me on this. You guys get all up in arms whenever some says "objectively". I'm just going off of the general opinion of this board

• Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

You said the new jerseys are better than the old ones. By default, that means that the old ones were worse. 

Since the new jerseys definitely and objectivley* (this board loves that word) suck, and the old ones were worse, that means that the old jerseys sucked worse than the new ones do. And that argument is exactly what @oldschoolvikingswas poking holes in.

I rest my case.

*plz don't fight me on this. You guys get all up in arms whenever some says "objectively". I'm just going off of the general opinion of this board

Yeah I mean, I don’t think they suck at all. I actually really like them. And just because I think they’re better than the old ones doesn’t mean I think the old ones suck either. So…yeah. Assumptions. 

• Like 3

Seeing the Commanders white jerseys for the first time.  At first I felt like they weren't as bad as I had originally had thought, but now I'm convinced that they're awful.  From any distance, the gradient makes it look like there's a solid white stripe bisecting the numbers, which is dumb.  

The inclusion of black and elimination of butter really makes the jersey look out of place with the helmet (or vice versa.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 9/19/2022 at 12:30 AM, Bathysphere said:

It feels silly that they’d go after Gay specifically when 90% of the league is constantly violating these rules now. Though, it does appear in this pic that he actually cut them that high with scissors, which makes it even funnier that he’s mad. Boohoo they won’t let me chop up my yellow performance pants that were designed in a literal laboratory to offer the least restrictive range of motion possible. Im only on the field for like five plays a game so no one should even notice wahh.

Meanwhile, Jalen Ramsey is probably gonna walk free for wearing yellow socks with his yellow pants when every other player on the team, including usual offenders, was wearing blue.

B52-B19-AE-66-C3-456-A-B000-C5-DC17819-A

Ramsey in the yellow socks again. Either he got fined & doesn’t mind paying, or he avoided the fine last week and decided to press his luck. 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Hate 1

And in other sock shenanigans, from what I saw exactly two Vikings players remembered to wear the correct purple socks: Patrick Peterson and Dalvin Cook. Everyone else went white for some odd reason....

• Hate 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||