NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

On 2/15/2022 at 9:11 AM, -Akronite- said:

It's interesting that the desert cardinal actually has a yellowish beak, as opposed to the red beaks of... non-desert cardinals.

134123283.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Funny thing is the red ones are the males and the female ones are grey, brown, and red. So, only ones asking for grey in the Cardinals colors....

:censored: it, why can't the Cardinals just ditch that :censored:ing Reebok design and go for their classic Jim Hart, Neil Lomax era uniforms. Those classic ones shouldn't of never been tampered with.. I mean, this franchise was born in 1898, why not something classic and not some ugly looking bull :censored: that screams amateur arena league.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Fjm said:

For those that can’t wait for the Cardinals to get an overhaul, be careful what you wish for. If/when they do, there is a 10% chance they just clean up the ugly striping and revert to a clean classic uniform, but a 90% chance they turn into a red, black, and gray/silver/chrome version of Oregon. 

Cardinals are more responsible for what ever we get. There are numerous examples of teams not following Nikes suggestions and go with what they feel is right. For ever rams or commanders there is a browns, bucs, and vikings.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

:censored: it, why can't the Cardinals just ditch that :censored:ing Reebok design and go for their classic Jim Hart, Neil Lomax era uniforms. Those classic ones shouldn't of never been tampered with.. I mean, this franchise was born in 1898, why not something classic and not some ugly looking bull :censored: that screams amateur arena league.

This is hilariously close to what I texted my buddies the other day. Text copied below, along with the pic I provided. 😆 

“I do love traditional looks but i think the cardinals should really lean into it. The stuff they wear now is so stale… I'm honestly all for a rebrand similar to the browns. They are one of the oldest teams.” (Later I added: THE OLDEST*)
b3f5e7d0db063605122c97f517dbe867.jpg

I think the Lomax era had the Cardinal between the stripes and TV numbers, otherwise close to the same. It’s just beautiful ugh

• Like 9
  • Love 5

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

3 hours ago, LEWJ said:

This is hilariously close to what I texted my buddies the other day. Text copied below, along with the pic I provided. 😆 

“I do love traditional looks but i think the cardinals should really lean into it. The stuff they wear now is so stale… I'm honestly all for a rebrand similar to the browns. They are one of the oldest teams.” (Later I added: THE OLDEST*)
b3f5e7d0db063605122c97f517dbe867.jpg

I think the Lomax era had the Cardinal between the stripes and TV numbers, otherwise close to the same. It’s just beautiful ugh

Yes, I like this. I always prefer the storm trooper look than the 1990's era white top and red pants option.

• Love 3

This is perhaps blasphemy, but I think the Cardinals' current look is salvageable.  Hear me out: IMO they should never change their helmet.  Since that aspect of their look is simplistic, I don't mind the piping / panels on the jerseys and pants.

ARIZONA CARDINALS WIDE RECEIVER LARRY FITZGERALD Editorial Stock Photo -  Stock Image | Shutterstock Jones in, Fitzgerald out at first day of Cardinals camp   

Here's what I'd do:

1. retire the black jerseys / pants

2. enlarge the amount of white on the red pants

3. when red pants are worn, disallow red socks (simply white)

4. go mono-red once per year (which is still once too many IMO)

They're not my favorite in the league, but this would fix the majority of the problems IMO

• Yawn 2
  • Dislike 4

Here's my unsolicited take on the Cardinals that I'm sure everyone will appreciate lol

They can't go back to any of their old designs, they were all way too plain and boring and they've never won in them anyway

I think the current jerseys have good elements that can stay, the name & number font, the black trim that is just the right amount, the red shoulder yokes on the white jersey and the classic white helmets obviously. I even like the gray facemasks, but I think the metallic silver the Falcons use would look even better. They can even keep the red pants, in an ideal world they would only wear them occasionally when they play a team that wears white pants and they would have striped socks to avoid the leotard look with the red socks or the equally unappealing 1800s quaker look with the plain white socks

They just need to get rid of the outdated piping and vertical panels and weird tapered pant stripes and the black alternate(s), basically. Oh and no Arizona flag, please. It looked so out of place and forced

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

This was as good as the Cardinals got but even then it's still not enough for me.

2002_Arizona.png

By far my least favorite uniforms in my 53 years of being a Cardinals fan.

I hated those SO very much.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Wentz2Jeffery said:

Only black Rams merch I’ve seen was the Super Bowl fashion jerseys that were released for both teams. I’m banking on an all gold set for them.

Don't rule out Navy (or "Heritage" as they call it)...they've hinted at using that as an alt color since unveiling the current set

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 4
  • Hate 1

On 2/21/2022 at 1:55 AM, Old School Fool said:

This was as good as the Cardinals got but even then it's still not enough for me.

2002_Arizona.png

18 hours ago, TruColor said:

By far my least favorite uniforms in my 53 years of being a Cardinals fan.

I hated those SO very much.

Yeah, that version of the Cardinals was a mess.  Helmets was white with red and black. Home jersey was red and white, road jersey was white, red, and blue (?).  Pants were red and white. Home socks were red, road socks were white, red, and blue.  Looked like each part of the uniforms was designed by a different committee.  The road jersey committee decided to add blue and didn't tell anyone but the socks committee. The pants committee was only given access to the home jersey for reference. The home jersey committee just rubber stamped the previous design and headed to lunch.  And the helmet committee just stood there in disbelief at what idiots everyone else was.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is it.  Cut the sleeve stripe in half, and call it a day.

Yes. Correct. The Jake Plummer unis overthought the simplicity of the brand. When you use those colors in that way with that Generic Helmet from Every Sporting Goods Store in the Country helmet it's not sharp like the Raiders or Giants, it's just boring. It's a nothing statement. You gotta do something from the neck down because the helmet isn't adding any punch on its own, but the incredibly 2004 uniforms they've been wearing since 2005 are the opposite of that. 

A variation of this concept has been done a million times, but it's just too obvious. Do this, never change again. 

spacer.png

• Like 24
  • Love 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

18 hours ago, TruColor said:

Don't rule out Navy (or "Heritage" as they call it)...they've hinted at using that as an alt color since unveiling the current set

spacer.png

Yep. I am expecting something with this color as well. Why else go to the trouble of branding it and featuring it so prominently on the logo slick? They could go with a 60s-era "modern throwback" with navy shells and white horns. But something tells me it will be more over-the-top than that. I think unveiling a yellow jersey and white pants this year would mix in well with the other jersey/pants combos and would be a nice tribute to the 50's era teams. That's probably too simple too. And I don't think the Rams will be able to resist getting a new shell, even if it makes no sense.

• Like 5