2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

On the contrary, I absolutely LOVE the Ducks' orange breezers, although I don't necessarily disagree that they wouldn't look better in different pants.

I guess I should preface this by stating that I went out of my way to buy a Little Caesars shell for when I play. They're so bright....and look at the little pizza pizza guy! I'm all for bright colors in sports.

34dae492125d46f9_original.jpeg

• Like 7

22 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Just more proof that the Caps need to bring back the black/gold/bronze color scheme.

It feels like the cycle of nostalgia has completed its rotation when it comes to the Capitals. When they rebranded to their current look people were applauding the return to red, white, & blue. Now with late-90s/early 00s trends coming back all of a sudden people want the old colours. 

If they did switch colours I’m sure in another 20 years people would be calling for a return to r/w/b. Especially since it’s associated with a championship & the majority of Ovi’s career. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, B-mer said:

Gimme this Caps look full time, maybe just update the number and letter font but love the colors. Dare I say the black version of the RR is better than original. Great melding of the blue and black jerseys 

The Caps' current number font works really well with the blue/bronze/black jerseys.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

It feels like the cycle of nostalgia has completed its rotation when it comes to the Capitals. When they rebranded to their current look people were applauding the return to red, white, & blue. Now with late-90s/early 00s trends coming back all of a sudden people want the old colours. 

If they did switch colours I’m sure in another 20 years people would be calling for a return to r/w/b. Especially since it’s associated with a championship & the majority of Ovi’s career. 

They will. It is a cyclical thing after all. I could see them looking for an updated version of the current Capitals uniforms as the edge nonsense remains pretty unpopular, but it is very much a FotM thing. Just like I'm sure the people who screamed for the Coyotes to go back to the Kachinas, or are currently screaming for the Canucks to go back to the skate, Flames to bring back blasty, Islanders to bring back the fishsticks etc will forget about it in a few years and clamour for something else.

That said, I do like the Caps reverse retro a lot. I'm not trying to cast aspersions towards it, I just really don't like when people start clamouring for a look just because its trendy. 

7 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

The orange pants look great with a white jersey. But if they tried going the Sharks route and used them on an orange base, it would look terrible.

I'm hoping that if the blue jackets can roll out two pairs of pants on a full time basis combined with all these reverse retro looks and regular throwbacks with different pant colors that more teams can follow suit for home and away pants. i know it's gotta be quite a bit more of a hassle for the equipment team, but we all know so many teams could benefit from it

namely, colorado, san jose (even though I don't mind the all-teal at all), carolina, a theoretical full-time anaheim look based on reverse retro. probably some more I can't think of

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

18 hours ago, uniformity said:

Sorry, I didn't expect an Annie Hall moment. I don't mean this personally towards you. It must be quite an honour to redesign such a significant and historic logo. Johnny Canuck has been at the centre of a branding debate for the last 50 years with this franchise.

Maybe I take this more seriously than I should but I am a long term fan of the Canucks so I am invested. This logo is important to me. I have researched and know the history of the WHL team quite well. Better than most people. I have collected hundreds of pictures of the team and have seen those uniforms. I know how that logo looked on their uniforms and in print materials.

This looks out of proportion to me. I am not the only person with this opinion who has commented online. I thought it was ok to post a comment here, since this is a forum where people talk about the minutiae of sports logos and uniforms.

I mean, of course it’s okay to post comments and critique, but if it’s questionable critique, you’re probably going to hear it coming back the other way.

So, you raise, I call? The added ankle support on the back skate is the only edit I made to any of the proportions (so the two skates looked roughly similar instead of one being a low top and the other a high). Legs are true to the OG.

spacer.png

• Like 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, riccirulesall said:

I'm hoping that if the blue jackets can roll out two pairs of pants on a full time basis combined with all these reverse retro looks and regular throwbacks with different pant colors that more teams can follow suit for home and away pants. i know it's gotta be quite a bit more of a hassle for the equipment team, but we all know so many teams could benefit from it

namely, colorado, san jose (even though I don't mind the all-teal at all), carolina, a theoretical full-time anaheim look based on reverse retro. probably some more I can't think of

I think pant shells could also work in certain circumstances to mitigate bringing extra pants along on the road. orange shells that go over black breezers would work for the Ducks. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

14 hours ago, B-mer said:

Ducks RR is nearly perfect, the orange pants kill it for me. 

made a quick edit on my phone to make this perfect to me. I could live with this and a matching home even if it meant not going back to eggplant and jade. 

spacer.png

I'm glad they gave those gloves another try after doing it in the first half of 2014-15 season.

san-jose-sharks-v-anaheim-ducks.jpg?s=10

anaheim-ducks-v-ottawa-senators.jpg?s=10

Why they decided to swtich to plain black gloves with white text midway through the season is a mystery.

• Love 1

Anaheim looks great with orange Breezers. Washington also looks great. Their current branding is fine, but they need a new primary set. Their classic look would look great wo the the current logos, and front, and after 15 years you think they would have put the weagle on the front of a jersey. That logo is beautiful. They had two chances with Annapolis, and their current third, but missed the mark.

10 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

The orange pants look fine it's the black gloves that stick out like a sore thumb. With their first RR it was the dark socks and the solid eggplant gloves that ruined the uniform for me, this time it's just a slight annoyance

Orange gloves would have completed the look.  Since I don't really pay attention to the colour of gloves, or the Ducks, I thought they just went cheap and used their regular gloves.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

The orange pants look great with a white jersey. But if they tried going the Sharks route and used them on an orange base, it would look terrible.

I love the Sharks' all-teal look. It works. An all-orange would be nauseating. Orange helmets with black pants with orange jerseys would work though. Black yokes to separate the orange helmet from the rest of the orange jersey would help.