2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

14 hours ago, Kirill_The_Thrill97 said:

usa_today_19625613.0.jpg

cut.jpg

Extra points for Hellberg's amazing pad setup. Gustavsson has a nice Reverse Retro set as well.

Now I'm super conflicted between "let the North Stars rest in peace" and "the Wild should make the switch to these colors ASAP"

• Like 7
  • Love 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm still partial to the late 80's design with the added black, personally, and I kinda wish they went with that version this time even if the way they went is also really nice. Like, this is a gorgeous uniform and I really want to see modern ice even if it were to have a Wild logo on the front;

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

8 hours ago, Bmac said:

Minnesota is wearing those again tonight against Chicago, which is going to look amazing. Needs to be a full time alternate at the least.

I agree this jersey should be a full time alternate, but keep it at that. DO NOT make it the basis for full time regular uniforms. IMO, the Wild logo and colors that have been around since 2000 must stay.

The Kraken have an interesting conundrum coming up. I love the reverse retro which is primarily ice blue. But! I think we can all agree the Kraken need a light blue third that features the anchor logo and the standard striping pattern. But they have two blues to choose from:

spacer.png

luvADAe.jpg

Personally I LOVE shadow blue. Just a beautiful color. Plus as an added bonus it would allow the team to more easily keep the current striping pattern since the top stripe is already ice blue. It might look awkward to have ice blue bleed transition into more ice blue, and the Kraken have the unique position of avoiding white on the home sweater. But the RR already proves ice blue looks great on a sweater.

It’s a big favor to ask, but I wonder if someone could mock up a Kraken third in both colors to see which one looks better. I have to believe we will see a third soon because the Kraken have so far sold every iteration of sweater like hot cakes.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 12/16/2022 at 8:30 PM, Ridleylash said:

I'm still partial to the late 80's design with the added black, personally, and I kinda wish they went with that version this time even if the way they went is also really nice. Like, this is a gorgeous uniform and I really want to see modern ice even if it were to have a Wild logo on the front;

spacer.png

The sponsor ad could even take the place of that SCF patch. Now that's dedication to a throwback

• LOL 1

30 minutes ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Corporate needs you to find the difference between this jersey (regular home) and this jersey (Reverse Retro).

I love my Senators, but my goodness guys, would it have killed you to design something that would have maybe stood out a bit more?

spacer.png

If they had filled in the black space in between the red stripes with white or gold, it would be way better. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 12/17/2022 at 5:54 AM, TenaciousG said:

The Kraken have an interesting conundrum coming up. I love the reverse retro which is primarily ice blue. But! I think we can all agree the Kraken need a light blue third that features the anchor logo and the standard striping pattern. But they have two blues to choose from:

Personally I LOVE shadow blue. Just a beautiful color. Plus as an added bonus it would allow the team to more easily keep the current striping pattern since the top stripe is already ice blue. It might look awkward to have ice blue bleed transition into more ice blue, and the Kraken have the unique position of avoiding white on the home sweater. But the RR already proves ice blue looks great on a sweater.

It’s a big favor to ask, but I wonder if someone could mock up a Kraken third in both colors to see which one looks better. I have to believe we will see a third soon because the Kraken have so far sold every iteration of sweater like hot cakes.

I am a total sucker for the Kraken's Ice Blue, so have wondered similar things in anticipation of a third jersey likely coming next year.

Not to be taken as a leak or hint, but his rugby shirt from Adidas shows one possible stripe treatment on an ice blue base.  It feels like a different stripe, but it pretty much just swaps ice blue in for the navy (nay deep sea blue) on either side so the top stripe disappears.  The widths of each stripe are probably in different proportions too, but you get the idea.

If going this route, it might look good to keep a thin navy stripe underneath to sandwich the red, like on the jersey hems?

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1