College Football 2022

Kevin W.

I haven’t liked the northwestern striped Ole Miss helmets of late. This new one in addition to the one paired with the powder blues don’t really match the Ole Miss aesthetic. They need to stick with the navy blue and powder blue lids. The stripes also clash with everything else in their set.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

Unless they stealth edited it, there’s nothing about 1986 in that linked article. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

JMU unveils new home uniforms for tomorrow's game as a FBS program against Middle Tennessee. New sleeve numbers and new number font are nice, but I miss the sublimated Duke Dog logo that was previously on the sleeves. Really wish the helmet stripe was repeated on the pants as well. I'm feeling pretty whelmed overall.

• Like 3

Huge fan of Indiana's look...I like their throwback look (and tonight they had the modern IU logo on the throwback shells with throwback unis...looked great). 

Duke needs double blue helmet stripes to look really good. 

CU's helmets look great, but not better than the regular buffalo logo. 

TCU's satin purple helmets without the silly tapered stripe look fantastic once again. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/2/2022 at 9:25 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

if I see "icy whites" one more time I am going to ramp up my contributions to global warming. 

I had to drop it in my Penn St post, bc it's become a ridiculous cliche 

• LOL 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

It looks like Michigan has corrected its shade of maize, has more of that greenish hue to it. The past few seasons they’ve worn what appeared more like traditional gold. 

Looks great. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/UMichFootball/status/1566123570526167040/photo/1

looks closer to gold to me than yellow which I prefer

Really wish Appalachian State would go back to using the white A decal on their helmets.

SN: App State is guilty of overusing the same logo in their uniform.  Both sides of helmet, both sleeves, collar and on the hip of the pants. Thought they had some mountaineer man logos in addition to the A?

SN2: Meanwhile in Division 2, Bowie State University has done something unique (as far as I know at least) with their helmet stripes. They're the Bulldogs and their colors are black and yellow/gold.  From a distance it looks like they have a basic yellow/black/yellow stripe on their black helmets. A close up of the team showed the stripes actually have white spikes along the yellow parts mimicking a spiked dog collar. If I'm able to find a quality pic I will post it later.

Hotter Than July > Thriller