College Football 2022

Kevin W.

20 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

So four Nike schools (3 swoosh, 1 Jordan) in the playoff. I imagine we can expect the diamond stuff again? 

Couldn’t imagine they’d change now seeing as they’ve done it every year since the CFP started.

I’d imagine we are looking at:

Georgia in red/red/silver

Ohio State in silver/white/silver presumably with the throwback stripes

Michigan could be a toss up but they seem to favor all navy blue in big games

TCU is less certain but definitely white jerseys

CBS Sports Network is airing vintage Army/Navy games this week, and right now they're showing the 2006 game. Both teams wearing traditional unis (gold/white/gold and gold/navy/gold). Seems like this game was 40 years ago, not 16. It's somewhat amazing how much things have changed since the mid-2000s. 

Navy football hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy

And for what it's worth...strong nostalgia for when Army when the brassy/copperish gold helmets in the 90s (which I assume is a similar gold to what Purdue used back in the day) along with the old gold pants. 

A U.S. Naval Academy football player advances the ball forward during the  annual Army-Navy football game at Veteran's Stadium - PICRYL Public Domain  Search

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I wonder if Deion Sanders taking the Colorado job will lead to the Buffs switching from Nike to Under Armour, just like it did for Jackson State.

I kind of doubt it as Colorado has been with Nike for almost 30 years now but you never know. Looks like their latest Nike deal runs through 2024-2025.

7 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

I wonder if Deion Sanders taking the Colorado job will lead to the Buffs switching from Nike to Under Armour, just like it did for Jackson State.

I kind of doubt it as Colorado has been with Nike for almost 30 years now. Looks like their latest Nike deal runs through 2024-2025 though.

Probably not, as that would by a department-wide change. They wouldn't ditch a contract just cause of one sport. I wouldn't be surprised to see some new uniforms at least by next year though. Coach Prime will push for them, plus a wealth of unique combos throughout the year.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

CBS Sports Network is airing vintage Army/Navy games this week, and right now they're showing the 2006 game. Both teams wearing traditional unis (gold/white/gold and gold/navy/gold). Seems like this game was 40 years ago, not 16. It's somewhat amazing how much things have changed since the mid-2000s. 

And for what it's worth...strong nostalgia for when Army when the brassy/copperish gold helmets in the 90s (which I assume is a similar gold to what Purdue used back in the day) along with the old gold pants. 

A U.S. Naval Academy football player advances the ball forward during the  annual Army-Navy football game at Veteran's Stadium - PICRYL Public Domain  Search

I have the 12 inch GI Joe versions of toys wearing the opposite uniforms from this game. Including those hip pads sticking out from the top of the pants. 

Vintage 1998 G.I. Joe classic collection Navy Linebacker vs. Army Quar – 3  Corners Collectables

• Like 1
  • Love 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Ohio State and Georgia only met once before in the 1993 Citrus Bowl. Had trouble finding a quality photo, but the game highlights are below.

As noted, the uniform matchup will be flipped, but not a ton of difference between the designs since then.

It's comical watching footage from the 90s and thinking the types of things we complain about here.

When players were running around looking like this:

herbstreit_player_original.jpg?129402821

Lots of exposed abs, super baggy undershirts, giant pads and huge goofy facemasks for QBs. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The set in the top picture (home jersey below) would be killer with the coppery old gold (the same color they used in the 2012 Navy game).

spacer.png

This should be Army’s regular gold:

spacer.png

• Like 17

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

28 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

Saints take notes also 

Washington Huskies too - I call their current colors blurple and tan versus the purple and gold they are supposed to be. But i won’t lose any sleep at night over my rivals’ continued botched branding. 

• Like 5

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

9 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Washington Huskies too - I call their current colors blurple and tan versus the purple and gold they are supposed to be. But i won’t lose any sleep at night over my rivals’ continued botched branding. 

Completely understood. I feel the same way about Utah. If you can’t beat ’em, at least you can make fun of what they’re wearing.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

6 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

It's comical watching footage from the 90s and thinking the types of things we complain about here.

When players were running around looking like this:

herbstreit_player_original.jpg?129402821

Lots of exposed abs, super baggy undershirts, giant pads and huge goofy facemasks for QBs. 

YEP. Football uniforms in the 80s, especially (though I get where you're coming from with the 90s too) were so clunky. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I would take at least the form factor of modern uniforms over anything worn in the history of football. Even with the truncated sleeves and weird/non-smooth helmets; the players just look faster or better able to move or something, as opposed to wearing suits of armor under their jerseys. Ha.

(Now, to be clear, I really like the uniform designs of the early 90s, and would prefer them on modern templates over much of what is around now, but that is purely for the sake of nostalgia, not because I think they're better designs, necessarily.)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, buckeye said:

As most would expect, Ohio State is once again bringing out what should be their full-time unis for the playoff.

What we saw in Alabama's 52-24 rout of Ohio State - Land-Grant Holy Land

I guess using this as the Playoff look is better than the alternative universe where they wear these every week but go with the blackouts in big games.

• Like 5