NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

Just now, McCall said:

They did nothing with the WFT uniforms. It was literally the original uniforms with the old name swapped out for "Washington" on the jersey, stripes and logo removed from the helmet and replaced with just the number.

True, and it was still a lot better than what they came up with for the Commies. 

• Like 5

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Thinking about the Nike redesigns since they took over the league.

Home runs:

Bengals

Chargers

Bucs return

Bills

Browns back to normal

Vikings

Good, not great:

Jets

Patriots

Seahawks

Jaguars Plain

Rams

Washington Football Team

Detroit tweak

Absolute Garbage:

Jaguars Half-helmet

Titans

Bucs Alarm Clock 

Dolphins

Cleveland BOLD DROP SHADOWS

Commanders

Falcons

Am I missing any?

The Bills were Reebok

• Like 4

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

10 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Home runs:

Bengals

Chargers

Bucs return

Bills

Browns back to normal

Vikings

Good, not great:

Jets

Patriots

Seahawks

Jaguars Plain

Rams

Washington Football Team

Detroit tweak

Absolute Garbage:

Jaguars Half-helmet

Titans

Bucs Alarm Clock 

Dolphins

Commanders

Falcons

Am I missing any?

2013 Dolphins was garbage. 2018 Dolphins was good. 

• Like 6
  • Huh? 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

The New York Jets have entered the chat.

Not even remotely close. The Jets look isn't very good, but at least there's a semblance of cohesion.

The Titans look is just Nike randomly barfing every terrible idea they've ever had.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

6 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Same for me. I actually think the helmet is fantastic. The combo below is their best look. 

NFL free agency 2023: Falcons cut 3 players after signing Bud Dupree - The  Falcoholic

The distaste for the Falcons is largely overblown. The problems lies in which combos and socks they pair with them. What they need to do is stick with the rule that if they wear white pants, they should wear black socks (and vice versa).

Black top with white pants - best overall combo (not including throwbacks). Probably the only combo that’s worn “correctly” for sock contrast.

spacer.png

White top with black pants - switching to this as the primary away look has helped them greatly but they should wear white socks for contrast.

spacer.png

All white - this look could be decent, but their insistence on wearing the wrong socks significantly hurts it. Black socks would help immensely.

spacer.png

All black - the only combo where I think contrasting socks wouldn’t help, as they’d stick out like a sore thumb.

spacer.png

Gradient - definitely needs a rework.

spacer.png

All this to say, these uniforms are a far cry from what came before them. The old set had outstayed its welcome with its mindless panels and piping. The new set by comparison is actually fairly simple. Just a custom font and a stripe down the side.

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

7 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

The New York Jets have entered the chat.

the Jets aren't great, but not the worst. 

The rams, also not great, but minimizing bone and adding the modern throwback helped them suck less. 

The Titans however, have no redeeming qualities. MDGP summed it up pretty well. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

11 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Same for me. I actually think the helmet is fantastic. The combo below is their best look. 

NFL free agency 2023: Falcons cut 3 players after signing Bud Dupree - The  Falcoholic

The helmet was an upgrade.  The rest of the uniform set should be thrown in fires of Hell.

Horrific wordmark, number font, striping and gradient bull:censored:.

All they had to do was bring back an updated set of Deion-era Black jerseys with Grey pants and the whatever satin/anodized Grey helmet/Black facemask that the Colorado Buffaloes (ironically) have in their set and it would’ve been a Top 10 uniform.  

2018-10-colorado-vs-wsu.png?1599164737

sanders.jpg

The silver helmet worn by UCF would’ve been another great option:

2019-2-ucf-at-fau-v2.png?1597204592

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Home runs:

Bengals

Chargers

Bucs return

Bills

Browns back to normal

Vikings

Good, not great:

Jets

Patriots

Seahawks

Jaguars Plain

Rams

Washington Football Team

Detroit tweak

Absolute Garbage:

Jaguars Half-helmet

Titans

Bucs Alarm Clock 

Dolphins

Commanders

Falcons

Am I missing any?

Nike should only get half credit for the changes that they made to Cleveland and Tampa Bay. The original uniforms were an abomination and the updates just corrected that.

There are a few "original" Nike uniforms that could be up for debate as far as their greatness goes, but I only really love the Chargers, Bengals, and Vikings uniforms from that list. The Seahawks, Jets, Falcons, Patriots, and Lions are all anywhere from okay to above average. The original Jaguars, Bucs, and Browns were horrible. Currently, the Rams and Titans uniforms are close to the bottom of the league, and the Dolphins are such a downgrade from even anything they have had previously.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Nike should only get half credit for the changes that they made to Cleveland and Tampa Bay. The original uniforms were an abomination and the updates just corrected that.

There are a few "original" Nike uniforms that could be up for debate as far as their greatness goes, but I only really love the Chargers, Bengals, and Vikings uniforms from that list. The Seahawks, Jets, Falcons, Patriots, and Lions are all anywhere from okay to above average. The original Jaguars, Bucs, and Browns were horrible. Currently, the Rams and Titans uniforms are close to the bottom of the league, and the Dolphins are such a downgrade from even anything they have had previously.

I’d say the current Dolphins look is far better designed than the 97-12 Machine font-with-navy-dropshadow jerseys. The leaping helmeted dolphin is better than the current dolphin though. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

With all due respect, we talked about that sign weeks ago. One sign doesn’t tell us much…what did previous signs look like? 

• Like 5

Just now, kmccarthy27 said:

Sorry too lazy to go back and look, I will delete if you would like. 

No worries, no need to delete. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

The distaste for the Falcons is largely overblown. The problems lies in which combos and socks they pair with them.

This is exactly how I feel about the Titans.  

Their insistence on wearing the Navy pants with home, away, and with the Light Blue jersey ruin what is otherwise a much better design than the Jets, Commanders, Falcons.  They should wear White pants home & away, and only wear the Light Blue pants for Color Rush games wearing the Light Blue jersey (which also looks best with White pants) and an occasional Away game with the White jersey.

GOOD:

ca8lza3fkqdtcp7a200v.jpg

xchkymoksashmgmmlsbq.jpg

sket7rbtahzphewctmwy.jpg

MEH:  

ewiga0mep8oa75rczfo4.jpg

a8rgml7pck5snmmcdgfk.jpg

NOT GOOD:  

efoqivfpkx5quunehzs4.jpg

adcg2yqg0xg9bjtf9yqc.jpg

uzk2j7scean3fbhlaoxc.jpg

kjrswldfbkajzijjiitv.jpg