NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

14 minutes ago, MDGP said:

Nah, this is pretty par for the course. Back when the Vikings and Jaguars released their uniforms people were going full CSI on images that were about this quality (recreation for dramatic effect).

osb8SG6.png

This site always falls apart right before an NFL reveal.

Oh I'm quite familiar. I recall the same thing with the NHL Reebok takeover back in the day. And every unveiling since quite frankly.

But there seems to be an extra level of hostility or something surrounding this. Folks are behaving like they're entitled to a leak. Overanalyze every last detail you want, but this business of demanding information is weird. I suppose that's what a society hellbent on instant gratification has caused.

10 minutes ago, MDGP said:

I can explain it. Cartoonish, amateur giant swords on the shoulders, barely legible numbers, a pointless little pit stain of color that adds literally nothing to the design, a pointless square of grey on the pants that adds literally nothing to the design and half the time doesn't include the team's two main colors, monochrome hell, and to top it all off a nice splotch of red not used anywhere else to tell everyone exactly who to thank for jerking off in our cornflakes.

You forgot the stupid "stripe" on the helmet. Every where else in the uniform it is dark gray pair with light gray (shoulders and hips). The helmet is dark gray and white. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Because I like it for multiple reasons and feel it would've been a better decision than the helmet & color combo they went with. 

There are a ton more teams in the league wearing Black/Black or Navy/Navy helmet/facemask combos then there are teams that wear Silver or White helmets with Dark facemasks.  Carolina would be the only other one, off the top of my head.  And the Falcons' best look of all-time - in my opinion - were the Deion-era uniforms with Silver pants.

The Chargers alternate white helmet with navy mask is the worst one in their set, and the basis of it didn’t look great from 2007-18. The Texans prototype white helmet with navy mask isn’t as cool as the red one. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Alright, everybody. Take one last look.

781e197d-1f2e-4f0f-9f00-bf1cf52dbca4-ari

All that's needed: lose the piping/side panels on jersey and pants.

What we are getting:

A maroon, orange, gray, sparkly helmet overhaul. 

Again, I'm excited as a uni lover. But when you see it in writing, it seems really absurd.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

40 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Last comment on this because I get triggered when I see the ATL uniforms:  find me someone on the planet who thinks Atlanta's current set is better than this, or a slightly modernized version of this:

ej09hixbaucndakvcuos.jpg

rolwfayvqpsvbvwndqgv.jpg

And again, if you put that Black/White/Red logo on this helmet below, with a helmet stripe that matches the pant stripe, and Grey pants, it's a tremendous uniform:

colorado-v-washington_ac33444x.jpg?w=799

Those throwbacks are solid, but I still prefer the 1997-2002 set over anything else the Falcons have ever worn. Either is better than their current garbage - er, garb, though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bmac said:

Oh I'm quite familiar. I recall the same thing with the NHL Reebok takeover back in the day. And every unveiling since quite frankly.

But there seems to be an extra level of hostility or something surrounding this. Folks are behaving like they're entitled to a leak. Overanalyze every last detail you want, but this business of demanding information is weird. I suppose that's what a society hellbent on instant gratification has caused.

That's certainly fair. I do wonder if the lack of a single, unifying force that we can all gather around to laugh at might also be part of the cause.

Usually we've gotten random leakers from reddit who were making up absolutely wild claims that resulted in plenty of genuine fun and comedy in the lead up. This time it was an actual respected member providing the info that is pretty reasonable.

• Like 2

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Same for me. I actually think the helmet is fantastic. The combo below is their best look. 

NFL free agency 2023: Falcons cut 3 players after signing Bud Dupree - The  Falcoholic

I love the metallic face mask. I wish Carolina had used that with their black helmet to compliment the silver accents on the uniform 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I'll say it.

I actually like the number font and the helmets are tastefully simple classics . . . so there was that.

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

19 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

You know, from the front, those don’t look half bad. It’s just when you get to the sides that you are reminded what an utter train wreck that set was. 

• Like 8

I will say, the best outcome from all this would be if TruColor was messing with everybody, didn't have any contact, and never had any clue whatsoever what the uniform was going to look like.

• LOL 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Sad 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

22 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

What we are getting:

A maroon, orange, gray, sparkly helmet overhaul. 

Again, I'm excited as a uni lover. But when you see it in writing, it seems really absurd.

I don't think that's what we're getting, but here's a reminder that could absolutely rule:

spacer.png

• Like 9
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

19 minutes ago, MEANS said:

Never understood the hate the Titans uniforms get, same with the Panthers. Sure they can be improved but they aren't as bad as some make them out to be.

I can't understand the disdain for the Panthers, either. I've always liked their uniforms...I don't like, however, some of what they've done to/with them lately

Now the Snatit is a different story. From having lived in Nashville when those first came out to now, I've tried—really hard, in fact—to find some redeeming quality in those sets, and to date, I've found exactly two. I will say that I like the shape of the shoulder yokes—I've even somewhat reluctantly come around on the two-tone gray treatment (two-tone blue, two-tone gray...ehh, I'll let it ride). With that, and it being the same color on all their jerseys, I also like how the two-tone grays plays against each individual jersey color; coincidentally, I find myself liking it best with the columbia blue jerseys. But that for me is where it stops. Now I can't get on Nike for the navy helmets, as I think that was the league's idea to go from white to navy, but that logo really doesn't read well against the navy helmet...and that silver/white stripe is just out of place (perhaps its too should've been two-tone gray). Then there's the numbers, a classic case of Nike "doing too much"...especially when one number pair, 11, looks stitched on backwards. But perhaps my biggest gripe—and this is probably more on the team since I watched this slowly happen during the years I lived there—is how they pushed their most identifiable brand element—columbia blue—not even to the back burner, but dang near completely off the stove. 

Now, if y'all wanna know something funny...

30 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I've always felt the Cardinals' uniforms got more hate than warranted. Of course that won't matter after today so... 🤷🏿‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

I don't think that's what we're getting, but here's a reminder that could absolutely rule:

spacer.png

Oh wow. I don't know how I've never seen those before (what team is that?), but that color combo actually looks pretty nice!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

I love the metallic face mask. I wish Carolina had used that with their black helmet to compliment the silver accents on the uniform 

The helmets are absolutely beautiful. The ATL and number font should be tarred and feathered. 

Block numbers, some sort of simple trim and a pants stripe could have made these all-timers. instead it is firmly in the Nike era of jerseys designed to be replaced in five years.

• Like 4

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins