NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

7 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Where have you been? They wore it and it sucks.

63ae8cd4dc9a6.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

Thanks! I completely missed that. I think it would look much better with their blue jersey.

I got all excited thinking I would get to share something new with everyone!

Just a reminder that the Browns haven't narrowed down voting options to 10, you can vote for whatever you want! Might I suggest another design (currently sitting at #17, and has a thread in concepts to explain its subtleties... )

Also on the Panthers, here's the size of the TV number on the draft jersey. I know it's darkened (damn fullscreen video overlays) but can anyone tell if it's larger this year? wK5z2J6.png

5 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Did anybody notice that ESPN’s Commies helmet graphic had a gold facemask? Probably a mistake, but as Bob Ross would say, a happy little accident.  

They screw up every so often for some reason. They were probably too lazy to fix it after the name and logo changes 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

Just a reminder that the Browns haven't narrowed down voting options to 10, you can vote for whatever you want! Might I suggest another design (currently sitting at #17, and has a thread in concepts to explain its subtleties... )

Also on the Panthers, here's the size of the TV number on the draft jersey. I know it's darkened (damn fullscreen video overlays) but can anyone tell if it's larger this year? wK5z2J6.png

That’s a retail jersey. We’ll never be able to tell how big the shoulder numbers will be on field until we get to preseason.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

I think it's the same size as before, we're just used to seeing the 2 inch versions so much that a regular sized number looks gigantic. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Where have you been? They wore it and it sucks.

63ae8cd4dc9a6.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

Yeah, Cowboys with a white helmet have never looked quite right to me. It’s passable with the blue jersey, but still much less distinctive than the normal silver helmet. 

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, Cowboys with a white helmet have never looked quite right to me. It’s passable with the blue jersey, but still much less distinctive than the normal silver helmet. 

I think It'd be twice as good if the stripe and logo matched the white pants

• Like 4

fiowXOD.png

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Had a friend on site send me these illustrated logos from the 2023 NFL Draft. They're on signage and fencing all over the draft hub: 

I'm in Kansas City for the draft and they used these up on the big LED screens on stage as well.  Would love to know who the artist is.  I thought these were all really well done.  Would not want the teams to use these on an ongoing basis but it was a neat way to provide a fresh graphic presentation for this event.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GFB said:

I hate the finish on the red Texans helmet... it's too dark and the finish shifts the shade of red too much toward orange.

FgraV0dWQAM_vbe?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Agree.   Red is not the right color choice in helmet for them.   Silver would be great but they're not going to go that way given the Patriots exist.  I hope they go with the White concept that was shared last year; essentially the Auburn setup (below).

USATSI_18051983.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Red is a much better accent color than a primary color, especially with the other color is darker (Navy, Black).  On dark uniform, it becomes the "pop".

51 minutes ago, GFB said:

I hate the finish on the red Texans helmet... it's too dark and the finish shifts the shade of red too much toward orange.

FgraV0dWQAM_vbe?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I am always surprised when people here say they like the red helmet. I think people perhaps just like the idea of more red helmets in the league. Heck, I am on board with that. 

But in practice it just did not work for the Texans. Maybe it would work with a flatter finish, but to me it clashes very hard with the red jersey. Could possibly work with the blue jerseys? 

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

25 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I am always surprised when people here say they like the red helmet. I think people perhaps just like the idea of more red helmets in the league. Heck, I am on board with that. 

But in practice it just did not work for the Texans. Maybe it would work with a flatter finish, but to me it clashes very hard with the red jersey. Could possibly work with the blue jerseys? 

spacer.png

Looks great with the blue. Good call. 

The helmets almost look like they might’ve been going for a candy paint look — which would be cool for Houston.

• Like 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.