NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

I'm a white-helmet Jets man, but if it can't be that, this is what they should be wearing, helmet-wise.

Also Aaron Rodgers is a piece of crap and I hope he fails.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

11 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The cheapest Nike jerseys are sublimated jerseys, if you ordered a player from the team and screened on if personalized. The next step up is screen printed numbers, and the high end are tackle twill. 

My mistake for using screen printed for all. 

There isn't a high end version of the Jets new throwbacks (yet?), but the cheaper (Nike Game) of the two options says screen print while the next step up one (Nike Limited) says heat sealed.

There are Nike Limiteds of the old template that are stitched and are cheaper than the new heat sealed Limited.

IbjBaeE.png

5 minutes ago, IceCap said:

and getting pantsed by the Brady Pats in the snow

Ironically, they wore Oilers throwbacks for that game.

I don't see the point in reopening old wounds. The franchise's only success and fan support in Tennessee has come as the Titans. The relocation was extremely controversial and not the type of thing any team in their right mind would want to remind everyone of every time they watch them play. The Oilers brand should either be sold back to Houston or left dormant.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

14 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

My mistake for using screen printed for all. 

There isn't a high end version of the Jets new throwbacks (yet?), but the cheaper (Nike Game) of the two options says screen print while the next step up one (Nike Limited) says heat sealed.

There are Nike Limiteds of the old template that are stitched and are cheaper than the new heat sealed Limited.

Yep, Nike has removed the stitched names and numbers for the limited jerseys. And increased the price from $160 to $175

Here's a review confirming the heat press: 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 4

My two cents as a Jets fan,

I think the throwbacks are just okay. They are not bad jerseys by any means but they are pretty basic, kind of like how I feel about the Vikings throwbacks. I also don't have any personal connection to these throwbacks and I don't completely hate the Jets current set as much as others, which definitely plays a part, but other Jets fans seem to be really excited about about it which is good for them.

For as much questioning I made above asking about the jersey templates, I don't plan on getting one of these jerseys. Partially because I don't feel anything special about them, partially because I don't want to deal with a white jersey and partially because I want to see what happens next season with the jerseys as we're starting season five with the Jets current set.

I do like the logo though and it seems to fit in better with the current set anyways because of the pointiness of the logo fits in with the pointiness of the jerseys. The logo also actually has a jet in it, which is great. I've posted before that I think the Jets should pivot away from fighter jets but a plane is better than no plane.

IbjBaeE.png

With 2 of the possible 3 "alternate" games being accounted for with the legacy uniforms my guess is the Jets black helmet and uniforms are worn on Thursday night week 17 in Cleveland who will be in all white. Week 9 prime time at Home against the Chargers is the other possibility. Just speculation on my part though.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jimmy! said:

They’re also the only team to play in the AFC and NFC championship games…I think.

If you're limiting this to AFC and NFC (not pre-merger NFL), I think they're the only team to play in both conferences for more than a year (the Bucs were in the AFC for their inaugural season, and the Seahawks were in the NFC, before switching for their second seasons).

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

56 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

His intro picture looks like Hide the Pain Harold/Internet Historian.

F1aHFBjWYAA4cGK.jpg:large1-harold.webp

So much pain hidden behind that smile. He's probably gonna implode even more.

He thought he was done with his darkness retreat but he realized the darkness that lurks with the Jets.

• LOL 2
  • Dislike 1

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

The Titans- and the NFL- have no incentive to do either. 

I'd argue that the NFL does have some incentive here. Being able to sell proper Houston Oilers merchandise would be a license to print money. I think the bottleneck here is just the Titans themselves.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Is there any truth to patriots potentially doing a 90s throwback game? Somebody with little credibility had corrected leaked that pat patriots were being worn vs dolphins and chargers. Makes me at least go hmm.

10 minutes ago, Froob said:

Is there any truth to patriots potentially doing a 90s throwback game? Somebody with little credibility had corrected leaked that pat patriots were being worn vs dolphins and chargers. Makes me at least go hmm.

Can they have two alts? No, I think.

It's where I sit.

6 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Can they have two alts? No, I think.

Dolphins have 2 throwbacks. Chargers have two throwback-inspired color rush alts. The Patriots don't have a color rush anymore, so it's possible they could have a 90s throwback. I doubt they will, but they could do it if they wanted.

• Like 4

spacer.png

Just now, burgundy said:

Dolphins have 2 throwbacks. Chargers have two throwback-inspired color rush alts. The Patriots don't have a color rush anymore, so it's possible they could have a 90s throwback. I doubt they will, but they could do it if they wanted.

Good point. You have 4 uniforms to use however you see fit. Dark, white, then two of throwback and/or alt (to include color rush).

• Like 2

It's where I sit.