2024 NFL Offseason

Dynasty

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-otas-nflpa-proposing-major-changes-offseason-schedule/

This proposal by the PA is crazy.  Dropping OTAs and minicamps and having a longer training camp that may start as early as June?  How about we just drop the OTAs/minicamps altogether (to avoid injury) and keep camp the same?  Unless the earlier parts of the new "camp" are optional to some respect, the timing seems weird to me.

It makes sense to reduce injuries you slowly ramp up into full speed and contact with no break inbetween to make them rusty or tight. Now if the PA can make the first 3 weeks optional that would probably be the best solution.

• Like 1

Davonta Smith isn't Justin Jefferson, but he's #1 on most teams in the league - and just signed for 3 years and $51M guaranteed ($75M total, including the fake money.)

I bet he wants to murder his agent.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, GDAWG said:

NFL contract numbers are meaningless when they're not fully guaranteed (almost all of them).

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

NFL contract numbers are meaningless when they're not fully guaranteed (almost all of them).

That isn’t even what this is saying. This is the amount they have signed people for, not what they are paying everyone this year. Which everyone will be pretty close to the cap without the contact manipulation that occurs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Kind of makes this look stupid now:

20130612__1-peterson-madden-cover.jpg?w=

I thought this exactly back in 2014, thinking "man, that will look pretty dumb a decade from now." Should've just did 14.

Tomlin could murder the entire Rooney family and continue to get new contracts, I swear.

• LOL 1

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

4 hours ago, maz said:

Tomlin could murder the entire Rooney family and continue to get new contracts, I swear.

Well it certainly helps he is one of the best coaches in the league. 

• Like 5
  • Yawn 1

T1oYViW.png

Fire him when the team stops buying in. Or be the Lakers and just fire the coach every two years, either/or, I guess.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

He’s a guy who can take gutter trash to an over-.500 record. He’s earned his extensions, but he should look into a succession plan.

Why should he?

• Like 1

It's where I sit.