Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My personal favorite from the unveiling:

jagslovekids.png

(because they are succulent and delicious)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

My personal favorite from the unveiling:

jagslovekids.png

(because they are succulent and delicious)

That purple girl in the middle seems to have suffered a season-ending knee injury...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

jagsjonesdrew.png

jagsgarrard.png

jagsbigguys.png

It seems that the pants (most noticeably the black) are made of a flat material, which strikes me as an odd choice when you're introducing such an extra-shiny helmet.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Eh, they're alright. I like the two solid stripe idea, but I'm not a fan of their width (to thin) and placement on the jersey (I would have kept them as side panels. The pants are better than the jersey, but the striping's still to thin.

The home set's the real winner hear. The road jersey would be greatly improved if they switched the black and teal with the numbers.

All in all, I would say C. They would have been a C+, but I admit to not being a fan of the changing helmet.

Also the new wordmark still sucks.

What's the point of holding onto the gold in the wordmarks and logo on the helmet? Is there any gold at all on the uniforms? (AsM or ColorWerx, could you answer that as you may have the resources to do so?) I suppose there could be just slightly, and we all cannot tell because the feed is too poor, quality wise. If not, why not just get rid of gold completely? I think it would be a bad move, but I also don't like the half-way look this has now with no gold on the uniform, and a primarily gold logo on the helmet.

Go back to 1999 and stick with it.

jstewartjax.jpg

(Credit to Tank. If you don't want that hotlinked, I'll take it off ^_^ )

Let's at least give them credit for creating a modern-day uniform that isn't some gaudy, Bills- like atrocity. The helmet's a bit of a novelty, but it's decent enough for me to give it a pass.

The problem with the Jaguars is that this is a completely unnecessary redesign. All they had to do was ditch the black unitards and return to their early embrace of teal and gold. Their uniforms before were among the best in the NFL, if not THE best.

These don't suck, but they should never have seen the light of day.

So there's no gold save for the helmet logo, and almost no teal on the road uniforms either. I kept hearing "these will stand the test of time....for the next fifty years...timeless....blah blah blather......"

These are plain, they are dull, they are currently ill-fitting, anti-climactic, and if they paid NFL Properties to come up with this, then somebody is owed a biiiiig refund.

The road unis need more teal. It could have been as simple as teal socks, teal jersey collar, and teal numbers with black trim...but even then it would still look plain. I'm not feeling the stripe (lines) as it is they are too thin to be really seen on anything other than an extreme close-up and dynamically I think they make the players all look fatter than what they are. They were better off keeping the pant stripes that they had and just making them universal on both pant sets.

For all the buildup for a new wordmark, I like the old one far better. This one just looks like a plain font with horizontal "spikes" on either end. How is this innovative?

And for equal buildup on the helmets "pearl" paint job, it really isn't all that different from the metallic pearl that many teams have already recently done in the NFL. The "new" helmets really aren't. *yawn

Overall I see a downgrade in the presentation. There's nothing exciting about them.

And as a sidebar, this charity logo stinks too. They have been better off letting a 5 year-old drawing it with Crayola since it's looks like an adult was just trying to imitate that anyway. They look like they have swords for arms. And who came up with the slogan anyway- NAMbLA?

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

What's the point of holding onto the gold in the wordmarks and logo on the helmet? Is there any gold at all on the uniforms? (AsM or ColorWerx, could you answer that as you may have the resources to do so?) I suppose there could be just slightly, and we all cannot tell because the feed is too poor, quality wise. If not, why not just get rid of gold completely? I think it would be a bad move, but I also don't like the half-way look this has now with no gold on the uniform, and a primarily gold logo on the helmet.

There is some Gold in the wordmark, and in the logo on the pants. That's it.

And, it's the same deal as before - the Gold is a metallic on the helmet decal, and a flat Gold everywhere else.

They didn't correct any of the problems of the old uniforms and introduced a whole new set. This is a most dissapointing uniform unveiling, I don't like anything about it, not even the helmet change.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What are... children?

jagslovekids.png

Ohhh... Ding, ding, ding, sir. Nicely done.

Archived