2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Why did Oregon give Chip Kelly a contract extension before a national game. They are imploding...again. This time with an average (but still ugly) look.

Oregon 38

Stanford 31

You were saying?

Chip is a little 5'10" bully like most other coaches. At halftime, he complained about the officials, but he failed to talk about his turnovers which caused points and the 31-24 deficit.

While most college coaches are bullies, there is something about Kelly which is more "disingenuous" compared many football coaches. Honestly, that does not take much.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chip is a little 5'10" bully like most other coaches. At halftime, he complained about the officials, but he failed to talk about his turnovers which caused points and the 31-24 deficit.

While most college coaches are bullies, there is something about Kelly which is more "disingenuous" compared many football coaches. Honestly, that does not take much.

When you coach at a school like Oregon, you get a sense of entitlement which causes that kind of behavior to happen. It's not surprising.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Why did Oregon give Chip Kelly a contract extension before a national game. They are imploding...again. This time with an average (but still ugly) look.

Oregon 38

Stanford 31

You were saying?

What does that have to do with Infrared posting the score and showing that Oregon clearly isn't choking?

45-31 now, by the way.

edit: Somebody get Jake Locker some damn WR's. I can't remember the last time I've seen so many drops.

IUe6Hvh.png

Oregon 38

Stanford 31

You were saying?

What does that have to do with Infrared posting the score and showing that Oregon clearly isn't choking?

45-31 now, by the way.

edit: Somebody get Jake Locker some damn WR's. I can't remember the last time I've seen so many drops.

He imploded in his first FBS game and also was not great in the Rose Bowl. Too much media and he is too honest as a head coach. I am appreciative for any team which helps keep either Boise or TCU out of the discussion for the BCS title game, but since these games are like a "Directors Cut", there is so much time.

(I did start this reply as Stanford was at the O 1 yard line before the fumble).

Oregon 38

Stanford 31

You were saying?

45-31 now, by the way.

He imploded in his first FBS game and also was not great in the Rose Bowl. Too much media and he is too honest as a head coach. I am appreciative for any team which helps keep either Boise or TCU out of the discussion for the BCS title game, but since these games are like a "Directors Cut", there is so much time.

(I did start this reply as Stanford was at the O 1 yard line before the fumble).

What does this post have to do with me asking you what your last post had to do with Infrareds?

Are you drunk right now?

Another Chip Kelly rant in 3... 2... 1...

IUe6Hvh.png

None of which has anything to do with the fact that you claimed Oregon was "imploding again." Not to mention the fact that the bolded part makes absolutely no sense at all.

Your best response right now would probably be "yup, I really had my head up my ass when I said Oregon was imploding again."

BB52Big.jpg

Oregon 38

Stanford 31

You were saying?

45-31 now, by the way.

What does this post have to do with me asking you what your last post had to do with Infrareds?

Are you drunk right now?

Another Chip Kelly rant in 3... 2... 1...

They may/can win tonight, but Chip Kelly is not a proper coach for a program which Oregon thinks it is.

Are they talented...yes, but I think they are just the "west coast version of LSU, however they have fans who are more understanding on not winning a title every season".

EDIT: I won by taking UWash and the 10 as my double play for Saturday!

In the midst of all this bickering, just allow me to point out that my Florida State Seminoles won pretty soundly in Charlotesville today versus the Virginia Cavaliers, and now currently stand at 4-1, 2-0 in conference, with the next tilt coming against Jacory Harris and those Miami Hurricanes. And that as of last stat check (sometime this afternoon), the Seminoles actually lead the nation in sacks. This is something I wouldn't have said at the beginning of the season, but FSU still has a very real chance of actually winning the whole dang conference. (Granted, it IS the ACC, but dammit, y'all know how long it's been since my 'Noles done been up top?) Of course...there's this little matter of having to beat Miami first, which the 'Noles have the hardest time in the world doing. (Not going to get into the whole "wide right" epidemic between these two.)

Also...um, Les, "found a way to win at the end"? NO THE HELL YOU DIDN'T. Some kind of southeastern divine intervention looked down on you and giftwrapped two extra Volunteer defenders on the field for your non-clock-managing behind. Heh..."just another day in the SEC", he says.

LSU still must play @ Florida, @ Auburn, Alabama, and @ Arkansas before the season ends.

Denard is the first quarterback in history to have two games of 200 passing yards and 200 rushing yards in their career. He has done it in 5 games as a starter.

"We are Indiana and that is how we roll"

/Jesus Christ can this program ever reach the "heights" of the Bill Mallory era again?

//Seriously, tie it with 1:15 left and then give up a game winning TD in a minute, WTF?!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Anyone else see Air Forces' uniforms?

Yep, the helmet's looked great. Not sure if you saw the mentioning of it, but they were a nod to the Air Force Thunderbirds, and the helmet is based off of the Thunderbirds pilot helmets.

IUe6Hvh.png

Two in a row over the Trojans. As a Huskie fan, I'll take it. There needed to be an upset somewhere for the 5 wins needed to get to a bowl game and this will work.

Now... Bring on the Sun Dorks!

Anyone else see Air Forces' uniforms?

Yep, the helmet's looked great. Not sure if you saw the mentioning of it, but they were a nod to the Air Force Thunderbirds, and the helmet is based off of the Thunderbirds pilot helmets.

Here's a picture.

ncf_u_jefferson_b1_600.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, kind of like two years ago when you guys were expected to compete and you did. Oh wait, you guys gave up midway through the second quarter.

We get it, you don't like ASU. Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

Trust me, you do NOT want to get into homerish behavior in Sports in General.

FWIW, this board is flooded with ASU guys who've done nothing but pick on Arizona (and the one other guy who's from the U of A - I'm just a bandwagoner :P) in last year's thread, so this isn't anything new to the threads.

Anyways, LSU looked bad, Oregon may be for real, and Denard Robinson... well, I hate him, but the kid's damn good.

That said, no way Michigan goes undefeated, their defense will finally come back to haunt them.

6fQjS3M.png

Put me on record.

Sparty will beat the Wolverines next week. Denard is talented but this is his first big rivalry game and test, Though the Hoosiers did that already.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Denard is the first quarterback in history to have two games of 200 passing yards and 200 rushing yards in their career. He has done it in 5 games as a starter.

As encouraging a stat as this is and as great as it is to see Michigan being 5-0 right now and seeing the Saint Denard tear it up week after week, I have a hard time being excited about the team as a whole. Mostly because I haven't seen Michigan play an actual defense yet (don't know if that's perception or reality) and because I've seen the defense giving up a lot of points and a lot of yards to...everyone.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but that's about it right now. We'll see next week if this team really is that good.

As encouraging a stat as this is and as great as it is to see Michigan being 5-0 right now and seeing the Saint Denard tear it up week after week, I have a hard time being excited about the team as a whole.

And you have every reason to be cautious...Michigan and Denard haven't played anyone near respectable- and they haven't been very convincing in those wins thus far.

UConn victory by 20? Eh, that won't shock anyone.

Notre Dame victory by 4? Not impressive.

UMass victory by 5 and you allow 37? Piss poor.

They put a beating on Bowling Green...but who won't?

They escape Indiana with a win...shouldn't that be a team you beat by 21+?

Right now, Denard is keeping Michigan in the headlines with his individual performances. However, once they play a team that can move the ball and actually has a defense- they fail miserably and are exposed in my opinion. Denard would be on a stretcher trying to play like that in the SEC, where you earn every win.

Archived