Unpopular Opinions

On 6/6/2019 at 7:04 AM, jmac11281 said:

I like the Phillies look but I'd be lying if I said I like the font that they use. It is too bubbly and looks incredibly dated to me. I am also not a fan of the road look. That looks dated as well.

No idea whether this is unpopular but I hate the numbers on the sleeve.  I remember when the uniform came out and hating that element of it.  It's also among the most surprising uniform elements to have stuck around for so long.  I'd have expected the sleeve numbers to go away after a few years.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 3 weeks later...

While I don't like it's placement on the jersey, I do like the NFL 100 logo on its own. I don't love the 3-D effect of it, but all of the NFL's anniversary logos have design styles and elements that are from the time they were made (50th in the 1960's simplicity, 75th in the 1990's purple and teal). That's the route these logos have been going and I think this one is the best yet.

FWIW, the flat version of NFL 100 logo is superior IMO. I think it would be easier to use in all applications.

• Like 3

On 6/6/2019 at 8:04 AM, jmac11281 said:

I like the Phillies look but I'd be lying if I said I like the font that they use. It is too bubbly and looks incredibly dated to me. I am also not a fan of the road look. That looks dated as well.

They made the striping of the cuffs and pants thinner this year on the road, it looks less dated now.

Phillies-Rockies-Baseball-copy.jpg?w=620

Though, I won't lie that 2's overhang is hideous, I think they could just modify the number font, keep some of the same feel to it,but improve it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

They made the striping of the cuffs and pants thinner this year on the road, it looks less dated now.

Though, I won't lie that 2's overhang is hideous, I think they could just modify the number font, keep some of the same feel to it,but improve it.

I actually prefer the thicker trim, but I preferred the thinner wordmark from a few years ago, and I agree that the number font just needs some tweaks (specifically those overhangs) to be a really solid look

• Like 1

My biggest gripe is the sleeve numbers.

• Like 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 6:29 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

For me, the only way I can see it being improved is to dump it in the garbage entirely. I always felt like it was trying to reinvent the wheel. The Phillies would look just fine with a standard MLB block (the thicker one used by the Yanks, Braves, etc. would be good).

Here's one: I think the LA Clippers' 1990s jerseys were fine. Same for their logo. Yeah, the logo was pretty obviously based on the iconic logo of their better-known Southern California brethren. It still looked pretty good. Yeah, the color scheme was generic. Same for the jersey design. But I still thought they looked pretty good.

Were the uni changes in the early aughts an upgrade? Yes, of course. I'd still take the '90s set over that horrid black alt, and the '90s logo over the horrid current logo, though.

• Like 3

Speaking of the Lakers, their primary logo really could use an update. The Vikings did a good job of simplifying their logo while also making the line weight thicker. The primary could use something like that.

• Like 5

The Lakers never looked better than in their Kobe era uniforms, especially the gold uniforms. White numbers>purple numbers (and white numbers are definitely better than anything the Lakers tried on their current purples). The Nike wishbone collar could be improved upon, and that’s essentially the only nitpick I have with that set

• Like 5
07Giants.pngnyy.png

The Tigers should be a team that is NNOB. Don't change anything else about their home uniform except get rid of the names. They also don't need white outlines on their road jerseys since they are already outlined in orange. (Or make orange the outer outline and white the inner outline).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Quillz said:

The Tigers should be a team that is NNOB. Don't change anything else about their home uniform except get rid of the names. They also don't need white outlines on their road jerseys since they are already outlined in orange. (Or make orange the outer outline and white the inner outline).

Bringing back the old D would also be nice. Them unifying everything ended up being a downgrade. 

• Like 2

XM4KeeA.png

35 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

While the current color set and uniforms are a great modernization and embodiment of the Seattle Seahawks, there was something truly special about the 2000s blue-grey shade known as "Seahawk Blue." Who agrees?

nfl_g_lynch_b3_1296x729.jpg&w=1140&cqual

Not gonna lie, I actually really liked that color scheme. I will admit that it looked better in sunlight though, which makes me think it would’ve been better had Seahawk Blue been a little lighter. Something closer to the ballpark of the KG Timberwolves blue. Also would’ve helped if they didn’t wear mono-blue, I felt the white pants was a better balance.

Otherwise though, I loved the idea of the color scheme. It looked very PNW to me, and I felt the lime green was an excellent accent color to it and navy. 

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Not gonna lie, I actually really liked that color scheme. I will admit that it looked better in sunlight though, which makes me think it would’ve been better had Seahawk Blue been a little lighter. Something closer to the ballpark of the KG Timberwolves blue. Also would’ve helped if they didn’t wear mono-blue, I felt the white pants was a better balance.

Otherwise though, I loved the idea of the color scheme. It looked very PNW to me, and I felt the lime green was an excellent accent color to it and navy. 

I liked that Seahawks color scheme, too.  I am sure this is unpopular, but I think it's the best helmet they've ever had and the dark jersey was the best jersey they ever had.  For some reason, though, they never really made it work with the pants.  The monochrome was bad.  The white/white was bad.  Mixing and matching did not work out all that much better.  That said, I wish they still had it.  The color scheme was great.

• Like 3

POTD (Shared)

Two involving the color red from me:

Red letters/numbers on grey uniforms are almost universally terrible. 

The Blackhawks away uniform is the most overrated in sports. Red numbers would change that. 

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!