Unpopular Opinions

On 8/16/2019 at 10:31 AM, NicDB said:

I'm gonna need some team's closer to wear 86.

If I were ever talented enough to play as a pro reliever/closer, I’d be heavily inclined to go with 86. Same goes for being a goalie in hockey, given that the NHL (and minor leagues) doesn’t (don’t) allow players to wear 0 or 00 last time I checked.

• Like 3

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

If I were an NHL player I would wear 98. 

It looks good and it's the closest you can get to 99. Two players have worn it recently (Puljujarvi and Sergachev), which is cool because for some reason they are two of the three NHL players who have ever worn 98.

• Like 1

I wish more goalies wore number 1.  This used to be somewhat popular, but it seems like a rarity, now, at least in the NHL.

• Like 5

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

17 hours ago, Ark said:

If I were an NHL player I would wear 98. 

It looks good and it's the closest you can get to 99. Two players have worn it recently (Puljujarvi and Sergachev), which is cool because for some reason they are two of the three NHL players who have ever worn 98.

I figure that North Stars bust Brian Lawton being the third guy (well, first chronologically) had something to do with that, at least among NA players.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I wasn't a huge fan, but the BFBS did look pretty good in some contexts:

GJV3PPE.jpg

u8fbUxL.jpg

They really just screwed up by forcing the black drop-shadows into the normal home and road instead of leaving it for the alternates.

YES, that and the fact they are didn't wear the pinstripes enough killed it for me.  The black jerseys on their own weren't bad.

• Like 2

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 8/18/2019 at 6:33 PM, Davidellias said:

Does anyone like the mid00s Mets uniforms?

They were... alright. They surely were more recognizable with the colors being represented more with their logo (aside from the black). But I kinda like how they switched to the Orange/Blue jerseys around the early 2010s. Makes it more represented towards their logo. Not that I care about the Mets jerseys, since most of them are either rip offs of the Yankees, Dodgers, and Giants, or they're just stuff reminiscent of Shea Stadium/Citi Field. The Yankees jerseys are much better looking in comparison. Especially since they used them for over 80 years now. At least with the pinstripes home jerseys.

The Marlins rebrand has grown on me, at first I wasn’t so keen, and while the black uniform is still not the greatest, the home and roads have definitely grown on me, so much so I can say confidently that I really like them. I don’t know why, but the uncanny valley-ness of their scripts have disappeared as I’ve adjusted to them, the colors are (not used the best but still) gorgeous, the cap is great. I like this update for the Marlins, it could be so much better. But it’s definitely an upgrade. I really like it

• Like 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Flipping through TV I happened to catch some highlights from last NFL season when it dawned on me that my favorite Ravens combo is black jersey/purple pants. I hated the black jersey previously, hate the black pants too. They definitely need some updates, and I typically hate teams ditching a nice bright color like purple for black. However, when the Ravens finally do modernize, I kinda hope they go B/B/P/B. Of course, pairing purple socks with the black pants would probably be just as good. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DNAsports said:

IMO, while the current Browns set has its problems, the Color Rush uniform is by far the worst of the bunch and in no way should it become the primary home uniform.

Brown on brown is bad. The lack of white outside of the helmet is bad. But I'd still take it over their usual look. Looking forward to 2020.

• Like 2

This is actually my favorite Orioles hat.

spacer.png

I don't necessarily have a problem with the bird, but I think the fact that they're the only team in all of pro sports to have a nickname that starts with O is something they could play up a lot more.  Not to mention the poetic justice of the fact that the only other team that could conceivably put an O on their hat also brands by their nickname instead (A's).

On 9/9/2019 at 2:59 PM, NicDB said:

This is actually my favorite Orioles hat.

spacer.png

I don't necessarily have a problem with the bird, but I think the fact that they're the only team in all of pro sports to have a nickname that starts with O is something they could play up a lot more.  Not to mention the poetic justice of the fact that the only other team that could conceivably put an O on their hat also brands by their nickname instead (A's).

Well, there are the Oilers. But I'm assuming the picture is of the "O's" cap (since I can't see it) and I have to disagree. I'd rather they have a "B" for Baltimore or just stick with the bird.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

D'oh... forgot about Edmonton.

I do wonder what a Brooklyn-style B might look like excecuted in Orioles colors. It would also have the added bonus of displaying it side by side with the Red Six monogram several times per year and (hopefully) put an end to the public's tendency to mistake one for the other.

That said, the Orioles using an O actually dates back to the original Orioles franchise which became the Yankees. The 2005 O's hat is an intuituve update of that tradition.

spacer.png

I don’t mind that the Oilers moved, as it killed one of the NFL’s worst brands and created two brands that were fantastic (old Titans in some combos and nearly all of the Texans’ designs). Let the Oilers stay dead.

This is why I also wish the Cleveland Indians became the Seattle Indians in the ‘60s, where they would have likely had to dump the moniker in the ‘90s. With an expansion team in Cleveland unable to use the name, MLB’s worst identity would be gone!