Unpopular Opinions

On 5/17/2022 at 8:29 PM, Ark said:

The Patriot head shoulder stripes are top tier design. I would love modern version of these
f732736f8a04b919d59b7a79c15ec221.jpg

On 5/19/2022 at 9:46 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

The red away numbers look fantastic too!

spacer.png

These and the '95-early 2000s Washington Capitals uniforms rank as my favorite sports uniforms of all time.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, tBBP said:

These and the '95-early 2000s Washington Capitals uniforms rank as my favorite sports uniforms of all time.

Blue Screagle superiority 🤝

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

Was watching old NFL highlights…with the Browns bringing back good sleeve stripes and the 49ers adding sleeve stripes, I think I’d really enjoy it if the Packers went back to the full five stripes (or nine depending on counting method). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 2 weeks later...

The only reason this Mavs’ uniform gets flack is because the fabric was shiny. This exact uniform, except with today’s flat color fabric, would be perfectly fine (and not something that comes up when one Googles ‘worst NBA uniforms’, which I actually did).

spacer.png

• Like 5

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

On 6/17/2022 at 7:23 AM, FroBroStudio said:

The Atlanta Hawks best look by far:

spacer.png

The switch to their current look is so out of place in comparison to all their other jerseys. My only gripe is that they didn't do a volt green jersey.

That really is an unpopular opinion lol

On 6/17/2022 at 10:23 AM, FroBroStudio said:

The Atlanta Hawks best look by far:

spacer.png

The switch to their current look is so out of place in comparison to all their other jerseys. My only gripe is that they didn't do a volt green jersey.

I didn't like these at all when they came out but they really grew on me. Swap out that green for yellow and these jerseys are some of their best in team history. I really don't like their current uniforms. They're both bland and garish at the same time.

• Like 3

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

6 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

I didn't like these at all when they came out but they really grew on me. Swap out that green for yellow and these jerseys are some of their best in team history. I really don't like their current uniforms. They're both bland and garish at the same time.

The volt is easily the worst part of those uniforms. I agree that a straight swap for yellow would make them absolute modern classics. Shame that Nike Nike’d it up

• Like 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake said:

The volt is easily the worst part of those uniforms. I agree that a straight swap for yellow would make them absolute modern classics. Shame that Nike Nike’d it up

Adidas made those uniforms, btw.

How rare is it that one component of a uniform can take it from sub-par to classic level?

18 hours ago, Chawls said:

The only reason this Mavs’ uniform gets flack is because the fabric was shiny. This exact uniform, except with today’s flat color fabric, would be perfectly fine (and not something that comes up when one Googles ‘worst NBA uniforms’, which I actually did).

spacer.png

I 100% agree with that, I always said that if you look at swingman version

IMG_1729-e1523275828931.jpg

You'd see a really good jersey. Satin fabric ruined it completely.

Maybe in next 10/20 years this uniform become nostalgic and Mavs bring them back.

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

13 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

7 hours ago, Crabcake said:

You guys like the mismatched jersey and shorts too?

On 6/29/2022 at 2:24 AM, Chawls said:

spacer.png

This is a crude photoshop, but here's what it would look like on the Nike template:

spacer.png

On 6/30/2022 at 2:47 AM, WestCoastBias said:

You guys like the mismatched jersey and shorts too?

No but how many times did they really wear that?

Side note, I do think it's interesting how different sports have evolved to have such different norms. Mismatched jersey/shorts looks so out of place on a basketball court, but most people here woud agree that it's how football uniforms should always be worn.

• Like 2

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

On 6/29/2022 at 7:13 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Adidas made those uniforms, btw.

How rare is it that one component of a uniform can take it from sub-par to classic level?

This pretty much happened to the Nets' gray jerseys back in their New Jersey days...before...

keith-van-horn-c-of-the-new-jersey-nets-

...and after

new-jersey-nets-jason-kidd-brings-the-ba

Seemingly minor tweak that took this from illegible crap (granted, I recall it was initially supposed to be silver, but Stern made them change it to gray instead) to top tier alternate in league history.  Was a sad day when these got replaced by the red set.

• Like 6

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬