Unpopular Opinions

I much prefer the current Miami Dolphins logo to any of their previous ones.

I don't prefer it, yet it has grown more respectfully for me since inception. The full clean whites are a great uniform to make the brand. I think the only aspect I'd edit is their new font... it's too thin.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I much prefer the current Miami Dolphins logo to any of their previous ones.

I don't prefer it, yet it has grown more respectfully for me since inception. The full clean whites are a great uniform to make the brand. I think the only aspect I'd edit is their new font... it's too thin.

The logo I could go either way. I like the football helmet, but this one is a sideways move for me.

That said, uniforms are a MASSIVE downgrade.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 7/31/2015 at 4:58 PM, TrueYankee26 said:
On 7/7/2015 at 10:55 AM, sleuthpanther said:
On 7/7/2015 at 1:20 AM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

This...

...is better than this...

I might actually agree with you on this one, I'm just interested in why you think the M is better?

For me the M represents an entire state, the TC just represents 2 cities.

The Twins were the first team to be named after something other than a city. So the "TC" is a nod to the two cities that they could have named the team for. That is the beauty of the "TC." Though I acknowledge that this historic beauty is diminished by the fact that they dumped it for the "M."

Also,I do knot know this but I always figured that they avoided an "M" because it could be interpreted as standing for Minneapolis.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This...

6v829xs3t8eu5gbq7ojv3xg27.png

blxavarg2bfkkfdczq2wt1bpj.png

I might actually agree with you on this one, I'm just interested in why you think the M is better?

The Twins were the first team to be named after something other than a city. So the "TC" is a nod to the two cities that they could have named the team for. That is the beauty of the "TC." Though I acknowledge that this historic beauty is diminished by the fact that they dumped it for the "M."

Also,I do knot know this but I always figured that they avoided an "M" because it could be interpreted as standing for Minneapolis.

I prefer the wordmarks and overall identity that came with the M logo, but I could go either way with the actual logos for the caps.. I think they could add a white stroke to the red C without losing much, although they achieved the same result by stroking the entire thing in gold - I'm just not a huge fan of the gold.

This...

Wait...they were named for something other than a city?

I'm not a Broncos fan, but Denver's current logo (serious & more intimidating) was a major improvement over their old cartoonish one. Never understood the fascination some have with it.

The old logo really wasn't cartoonish. Plus the old version tied in nicely to the standing bronco on top of the scoreboard.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This...

Wait...they were named for something other than a city?

I'm not a Broncos fan, but Denver's current logo (serious & more intimidating) was a major improvement over their old cartoonish one. Never understood the fascination some have with it.

The old logo really wasn't cartoonish. Plus the old version tied in nicely to the standing bronco on top of the scoreboard.

The old Denver logo was better in theory than in execution.. It's another poorly drawn logo that needed to be cleaned up and modernized, but I'm a fan of that logo as well.. The newer logo was cool when it debuted, but the original has some staying power, just not in its original form.. Cleaning that one up would be a nice alt to add into the mix if they wanted to look at going back that route

This:

phillies.jpg

...is better than this:

13169978-mmmain.jpg.

If they were to add a red number outlined in blue to the sleeve of that uniform and make the base white, they'd have the perfect look.

They should also switch to blue belts and socks, and blue or black shoes with that uniform. It is horribly unbalanced as it stands, and not a good representation of the uniform it is supposed to emulate.

Make those changes, and then change the font (their current cartoon font just doesn't look good with a dark outline) to an older-style block, and you've got a winner.

Agreed on white > cream.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The A's elephant logo should always be white, in accordance to it's origin story. Per athletics.com...

"In 1902 New York Giants Manager John McGraw dismissed the A's with contempt, by calling them "The White Elephants." He meant to imply that Mack shouldn't be allowed to spend money without supervision. Well, Connie Mack took up the gauntlet and defiantly adopted the White Elephant as the team insignia. That year, 1902, the A's won the American League pennant -- much to the unvoiced chagrin of John McGraw." - http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/oak/history/uniforms_logos.jsp

Just outline the current elephant with green/yellow, and it could work in white on all of the uniforms (white/grey/gold/green).

• Like 1

Was watching the 86 Stanley cup finals and I realized that I just don't like the Flames origional uniforms. Red and yellow is a beautiful color scheme by itself and it works for teams like Chiefs but it just looks wierd with the Flames. I defenatly think they need a little bit of black.