Unpopular Opinions

I prefer the current Washington Capitals jerseys 50 times more than their throwbacks. They use unconventional modern striping, but it just works. I would be happy if they lasted another 5-7 years.

These are beautiful uniform matchups, even for non-Original 6 teams wearing non-throwbacks...

418186_1426183978384.jpg

463898062_slide.jpg

480107375_slide.jpg

• Like 1

I like baseball uniforms that feature a chest logo more so than a script. The Yanks, Reds, Tigers and Nats come to mind. Other teams, such as the Giants, Royals, Padres, Blue Jays, have this as an alternate or batting practice jersey. I also like the number placement being slightly lower on the other side, similar to how the Nats do it. I dunno, I just think it creates a nice, balanced look.

I also like how some teams use NNOB for the home jerseys but NOB for the road jerseys. The two that come to mind are the Giants and Red Sox. The Giants do it right... They alter the placement of the NNOB numbers so it looks aesthetically pleasing.

In both cases, I would like more baseball teams to do this, even if it was alternate jerseys.

I prefer the current Washington Capitals jerseys 50 times more than their throwbacks. They use unconventional modern striping, but it just works. I would be happy if they lasted another 5-7 years.

These are beautiful uniform matchups, even for non-Original 6 teams wearing non-throwbacks...

418186_1426183978384.jpg

463898062_slide.jpg

480107375_slide.jpg

Their throwbacks are are bad, because it's a crappy wordmark on a very plain jersey with way to many stars... Their current sweaters looks great from the front but the back looks like a practice jersey. It's got no stripes, no piping, nothing. Just names and numbers... They also have really ugly side panels and "tail stripes" (if that's what you want to call it) that blend in to the dark red of the home, and stand out way to much on the white...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

THIS looks better than 84:

201381620434873401.jpg

You just HAD to post a pic of a knockoff, didn't you....

Further, by using a knock off as the example, cubsfan2015 undermined his argument for why this jersey is superior (at least in my mind). The color the Dolphins use now for their aqua is one of the best colors used in the NFL currently, far outstripping any other shade of the color they've worn since 1966.

• Like 2

The Blackhawks should have an alternate uniform based off their original look, with just black and white.

It would get too confusing with the Kings, the Lightning, and the Brooklyn Nets Hockey Department.
  • Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Blackhawks should have an alternate uniform based off their original look, with just black and white.

It would get too confusing with the Kings, the Lightning, and the Brooklyn Nets Hockey Department.

The Kings should go back to purple and gold. Never cared for the Raiders colors. Or at least bring back the black and purple.

Well, the islanders have no business wearing those colours in the first place. The garbage alt is proof enough.

The Kings should go back to purple and gold. Never cared for the Raiders colors. Or at least bring back the black and purple.

After two Cups? Probably not happening.

Besides, it's not like the other options are any more original. They can look like the Lakers, the Raiders, or the Sacramento Kings.

• Like 1

THIS looks better than 84:

201381620434873401.jpg

You just HAD to post a pic of a knockoff, didn't you....

Further, by using a knock off as the example, cubsfan2015 undermined his argument for why this jersey is superior (at least in my mind). The color the Dolphins use now for their aqua is one of the best colors used in the NFL currently, far outstripping any other shade of the color they've worn since 1966.

I could not disagree more. The current aqua is too light for me. I prefer the aqua used from 1997-2012. It looked much better with the orange.

After two Cups? Probably not happening.

Besides, it's not like the other options are any more original. They can look like the Lakers, the Raiders, or the Sacramento Kings.

They had the purple and gold before the Lakers, though. Although yes, it would certainly feel like the other way around. But given how many black/dark teams are in the NHL, going back full-scale to purple and gold would certainly have them stand out.

And I really hate they won 2 Cups now with current "home plate" logo. The previous one, with just the crown, was so much better. I wish they didn't move away from it (or shrink it on the current home plate).

The standalone crown looked great when purple was used as an accent. That being said, I absolutely hate it now... That logo is just too detailed to be rendered in monochrome, and it looked hideous as a standalone crest on their stadium series uniforms.

They had the purple and gold before the Lakers, though.

Mothership says the Lakers switched to purple and gold in '66, Kings started play in '67.

I heard that the owner of the Kings owned the Lakers too, so he made them match colors, and technically it was Fourm Blue & Gold! Get it right!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Numbers on uniforms without outlines do not make them look cheap or difficult to read. If the number's color has enough contrast with the body color of the uniform it is perfectly legible. I'm not against outlines but both executions can work, and I feel some teams just fall into the habit of adding an outline for the sake of having one.

• Like 2

Numbers on uniforms without outlines do not make them look cheap or difficult to read. If the number's color has enough contrast with the body color of the uniform it is perfectly legible. I'm not against outlines but both executions can work, and I feel some teams just fall into the habit of adding an outline for the sake of having one.

I think numbers without outlines are the best kind

I don't think they look difficult to read...except, of course when manufacturers try to hard and we get something like the black 49ers jersey.

Cheap? I don't know about that...maybe sometimes. Obviously with one-color teams like the Red Wings or Maple Leafs, it's the way to go. Those are beautiful uniforms that don't need to be dinged with gray or black outlines on the numbers.

But sometimes, numbers without outlines tend to leave the secondary color not prevalent enough on the jersey. I think the Vikings are a good example with the one yellow stripe. I'd much rather see outlines on the numbers. Same with the 49ers, who would look great with gold outlines on the numbers. The white-only numbers bug me for a few other teams, like the Canucks; their jersey needs more green on the torso. I am not sure that "cheap" is the word, but sometimes it looks like something's missing.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't think they look difficult to read...except, of course when manufacturers try to hard and we get something like the black 49ers jersey.

Cheap? I don't know about that...maybe sometimes. Obviously with one-color teams like the Red Wings or Maple Leafs, it's the way to go. Those are beautiful uniforms that don't need to be dinged with gray or black outlines on the numbers.

But sometimes, numbers without outlines tend to leave the secondary color not prevalent enough on the jersey. I think the Vikings are a good example with the one yellow stripe. I'd much rather see outlines on the numbers. Same with the 49ers, who would look great with gold outlines on the numbers. The white-only numbers bug me for a few other teams, like the Canucks; their jersey needs more green on the torso. I am not sure that "cheap" is the word, but sometimes it looks like something's missing.

-that's my point about enough contrast, red on black with that jersey does not give you enough contrast.

-My point about cheap is that many on here use that as a reason to need the outline