Unpopular Opinions

I feel that the "Jazz" nickname is, in many ways, more synonymous with Utah than New Orleans. Stockton and Malone, the '97 and '98 Finals against Jordan's Bulls, and Jerry Sloan's long tenure in Utah have all made it such an appropriate fit.

And that is the very reason why Jazz fans (not to mention most people roaming these boards and making the decision-makers in the NBA) are against changing the name. It would be a revisionist nightmare of epic proportions.

EDIT: Not to forget that the franchise is entering its 36th season of play in Salt Lake as opposed to its first 5 in New Orleans

How is that revisionist? No one is suggesting they should pretend the Utah Jazz never existed, just that the name should be changed.

Well, let's put it this way: With the Charlotte Hornets, v2.0 being seen as the NBA's Cleveland Deal, a theoretical return of the Jazz moniker to New Orleans with Utah renaming themselves, say, the Stars, would raise a lot more questions than what we have with the current situation, such as:

5348.gif

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'll never understand why people hate the use of orange in the Sharks' color scheme so much. I think it looked great on these uniforms.

Orange is okay. Grey or silver is exponentially better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

THIS is the best uni in Sharks history imo:

AQA1103119027_Blues_at_Sharks-770x470.jp

I agree. I'll never understand why people hate the use of orange in the Sharks' color scheme so much. I think it looked great on these uniforms.

Grey is better but this still looks great on its own merits. If the Sharks are going to use orange as an accent they should embrace it like these uniforms did. No half assed piping, lining one side of the inner sleeve stripes, while having no trace of the colour anywhere else on the uniform besides the logo...

My beef with the orange was that it seemed like a totally unnecessary addition. They had already nailed the colors, and those colors worked extremely well together. Orange didn't sink the ship, but it added absolutely nothing to the look but some pesky color-clutter demanding attention. Kinda like the Twins' gold trim.

Also, this:

tiger-shark-picture-swimming-pictures_26

Not totally exactly like the pre-edge colors, but pretty close in idea. The original colors (and even the darkened teal) was all they ever needed to fit the theme.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I hate bell-shaped front panel baseball caps.. The Padres, and anyone else who wants a colored front panel need to go full panel, not the ridiculous bell curve nonsense.

I'm guessing the bell shape has to do with the bells in the Spanish missions, which is where the original padres did their work. It's pretty clever.

I think the Rams should ditch the "horn-stripes" on the jersey and go for a simpler jersey design

The Rams haven't worn the horn stripes on their primary jerseys since the 1999-2000 season.

Unfortunately. I loved the Rams' old uniforms. If they'd gone yellow-over-white at home (the inverse of their terrific white-over-yellow on the road), they'd have been perfect. Whatever they do next year, I hope they bring back the horns on their jerseys, even if they have to be on the shoulders. Now, switching gears...

I like the Atlanta Hawks' "volt green" color. I wish they'd make a glow-in-the-dark volt-green uniform and use it at home full-time, or at least alternate it with the white. (No mix-and-match with the volt green though. Pants and jerseys both, or neither. They should stop the mix-and-match, period.)

I hate bell-shaped front panel baseball caps.. The Padres, and anyone else who wants a colored front panel need to go full panel, not the ridiculous bell curve nonsense.

I'm guessing the bell shape has to do with the bells in the Spanish missions, which is where the original padres did their work. It's pretty clever.

Clever, maybe.. Ugly, definitely.. I like colored panels, but crudely chopping up a normal panel for a poorly conceived semi-bell-ish shape, just to be "clever" is a swing and a miss in my book

I liked it when the Columbus Blue Jackets incorporated neon green in their colour scheme. At least it was something different... Now they look like any other red, white and blue, "patriotic" team.

Except that was used in one logo. on the pants and shoulders for three years. Now that black and blue alt was amazing! It definitely should have been there color scheme.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Clever, maybe.. Ugly, definitely.. I like colored panels, but crudely chopping up a normal panel for a poorly conceived semi-bell-ish shape, just to be "clever" is a swing and a miss in my book

I'll admit, it looks a lot better when it's not on someone's head.

I'll admit, it looks a lot better when it's not on someone's head.

I don't know. I prefer the bell shape. The full panel seems overly big for the Padres.

0a584342b93c5ec62c03436434831b37.jpgPICT0003-9.jpg

• Like 1

I liked it when the Columbus Blue Jackets incorporated neon green in their colour scheme. At least it was something different... Now they look like any other red, white and blue, "patriotic" team.

Except that was used in one logo. on the pants and shoulders for three years. Now that black and blue alt was amazing! It definitely should have been there color scheme.

It had potential, but the black and navy didn't contrast well.

• Like 1

Seven years, actually. The color was a part of their primary logo from 2000 to 2007 and the shoulder patch until 2003.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)