2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

ChizuruMokyu2.jpg

Well that only means one thing, St. Louis won today...

...wait they beat San Diego?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKm5xQyD2vE

Of course, they're probably gonna turn on the switch pretty soon. But come on, this whole thing of starting seasons off slow is getting ridiculous now.

Ew @ the Falcons today, though. I'm cool with 4-2 at this point, however. Could be worse.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets just played a god awful game, full of turnovers, bad penalties, and last year's version of Mark Sanchez -- Yet Gang Green still come out of Mile High with a win.

These are NOT your "Same old Jets". Usually they lose this game. 5-1 headed into the bye. Best team in the league. Love it!

6uXNWAo.png

How many NFL games a week are ruined by the officials?

As many as they play per week, probably.

Football has too many rules and I'm not convinced that anyone ever really has a clue what the hell is going on, players, coaches, officials, and fans alike. You just sort of roll with whatever's going on around you. Every now and then in baseball you'll get a little spat or quibble over strike zone elasticity or the infield fly rule, but it's as if you can't catch a touchdown in the NFL without precipitating some sort of nationwide Talmudic conference over the vagaries of "a football process" or some crap. I guess this is why the NFL is indisputably the bestest league in the whole wide world and dissenting opinions are not allowed without express written consent of the National Football League.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Football has too many rules and I'm not convinced that anyone ever really has a clue what the hell is going on, players, coaches, officials, and fans alike. Every now and then in baseball you'll get a little spat or quibble over strike zone elasticity or the infield fly rule, but it's as if you can't catch a touchdown in the NFL without precipitating some sort of nationwide Talmudic conference over the vagaries of "a football process" or some crap. I guess this is why the NFL is indisputably the bestest league in the whole wide world and dissenting opinions are not allowed without express written consent of the National Football League.

Be quiet and say that daily prayer in Goodell's direction.

/Needs juridical opinion on whether there were copious make up calls today in St. Louis or there weren't.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'll be that guy: I like Brett Favre. I try really, really hard not to like him, but I do. I like the way he plays tough and even though you can tell he is hurting badly, he jumps right up and gives it his all on the next play. I like the way he gets super-enthusiastic about every big play his team makes, even if he isn't involved, and how he shows how totally pissed off he is when he makes a bad play. I like the way he makes it obvious how much he cares about his team and about winning. Yes, he's a drama queen; yes, he has embarrassed himself quite a few times off the field; and yes, the media is essentially his bitch. But given all that, when I see him play football, I can't dislike him.

Favre was going nuts after the game before he headed back through the tunnel.

What, did they bring out Jenn Sterger?

A meeting with your writing staff may be in order.

Are you saying his joke "tanked"?

6uXNWAo.png

My Niners won! Especially against the Raiders, finally they did it! The sked the rest of the way SEEMS easy:(@CAR, vs DEN, vs STL, vs TB, @ARZ, @GB, vs SEA, @SD, @STL, vs ARZ). Maybe we can get the division after all.

Also, the Chargers played the end of the game without their top 4 receivers from last year(Gates, Jackson, Naanee, and Floyd). With that said, they should be embarrassed going 0-4 on the road so far(against Seattle, KC, Oakland, and the Rams).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Jerry Jones doesn't have the balls to take the whole coaching staff out back and fire.

I don't find Jason Garrett that great of a coach either.

That because he's not. Great at designing plays, god-awful at calling them. We need a new signal caller pronto. :cursing:

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Football has too many rules and I'm not convinced that anyone ever really has a clue what the hell is going on, players, coaches, officials, and fans alike. You just sort of roll with whatever's going on around you. Every now and then in baseball you'll get a little spat or quibble over strike zone elasticity or the infield fly rule, but it's as if you can't catch a touchdown in the NFL without precipitating some sort of nationwide Talmudic conference over the vagaries of "a football process" or some crap. I guess this is why the NFL is indisputably the bestest league in the whole wide world and dissenting opinions are not allowed without express written consent of the National Football League.

I agree whole-heartedly. Look at Miles Austin's "push-off" that called back a touchdown and his "unsportsmen like conduct" penalty for merely jumping over Roy Williams after Williams scored a touchdown. And for that last one, no one was even able to explain why that was a penalty. Two of those calls changed the game, and if they weren't called, Cowboys would have won today. But, apparently you can't really do anything without being penalized in the No-Fun-League.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Lost in all of this, Kevin Kolb showed yesterday why the Eagles were confident enough in him to get rid of McNabb and turn the franchise over to him. While he certainly has ways to go, and hasn't really accomplished anything yet, it is clear that all the negativity after his bad half against Green Bay was ridiculous - as was his benching.

My fear now is that Andy Reid, the most stubborn / arrogant / "I'm smarter than you" head coach since Mike Martz will come up with some way to use two QBs. I'd rather him use the wrong one than use both, but something tells me he's going to start Vick, but give Kolb a series here and there - or worse, trade them in and out on the same series.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Lost in all of this, Kevin Kolb showed yesterday why the Eagles were confident enough in him to get rid of McNabb and turn the franchise over to him. While he certainly has ways to go, and hasn't really accomplished anything yet, it is clear that all the negativity after his bad half against Green Bay was ridiculous - as was his benching.

My fear now is that Andy Reid, the most stubborn / arrogant / "I'm smarter than you" head coach since Mike Martz will come up with some way to use two QBs. I'd rather him use the wrong one than use both, but something tells me he's going to start Vick, but give Kolb a series here and there - or worse, trade them in and out on the same series.

See Toronto Argonauts, 2009-2010 season to see why this is a terrible, terrible idea.

At least the Bears can take this away from Sunday, about the only thing they did right.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived