2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

Considering the way Ryan destroyed the Bears field position all day and that a 3rd string wr laid him out, I'll just take what I can get at this point.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jerry Jones doesn't have the balls to take the whole coaching staff out back and fire.

I don't find Jason Garrett that great of a coach either.

That because he's not. Great at designing plays, god-awful at calling them. We need a new signal caller pronto. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

And Jerry let Sean Payton get away. If I was a Cowboys fan I'd be pretty p***ed about that.

Edit: Sorry, this was supposed to be a reply to the post about Garrett. Still getting used to the mobile app.

Believe me, I was. Even my 14 year-old self at the time, was furious at that decision.

Jerry Jones needs just be the owner and team president, please let someone else be GM.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

So the NFL wants to start fining players for "big" hits...but at the same time they make money off of using those hits in highlights and are pushing for an 18-game season, which would put even more toll on the players.

NFL. -_-

So the NFL wants to start fining players for "big" hits...but at the same time they make money off of using those hits in highlights and are pushing for an 18-game season, which would put even more toll on the players.

NFL. -_-

I suspect the crackdown isn't really about player safety, as much as merely keeping up appearances. It's for the children... or to be more precise, the parents of said children, who are the ones ultimately making the decisions to allow, or not allow, them to play organized football in the first place.

This is the "elephant in the room" with the whole issue of concussions and player safety. We can argue all we want about how violent hits, and the attendant risk of catastrophic injury and/or chronic health problems, are part of the game, and we'd be absolutely right. The trouble is, in the long run the NFL can't afford to take this stance because if they do, they (not to mention all other levels of football below them) run the risk of parents deciding in droves that playing football just isn't worth that kind of risk to their kids, and steering them toward other sports. The resulting talent drain may not kill off the game completely, but it could easily decimate the NFL and even relegate the sport to a regional one, continuing to thrive only in places where it has already achieved "religion" status. The SEC championship game could end up being our new Super Bowl. To say nothing of all the political and legal trouble the NFL and its teams might also find itself in in the nearer term.

CCSLC signature.png

How many times has this happened to you?

Indianapolis police have arrested Colts punter Pat McAfee and charged him with public intoxication after he was found wet and shirtless near a downtown canal...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5706081

Not a way to go about keeping your job when you already are the NFL's answer to the Maytag repair man.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Looks like Kevin Kolb will start vs. the Titans. Vick should be healthy after the following bye week, so if Kolb has another great game, it'll be really interesting to see what happens. Normally I would have thought that it wouldn't matter and Vick would get the job back regardless, but after Reid uncharacteristically took the job from Kolb while he was hurt, I have no idea what's going on there. I really hope Kolb keeps the job, because he's the one who's going to be here long term - not Vick (unless something really strange happens.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, some of the players who got fined were fined for legal hits (Not necessarily clean, but legal.) Harrison was not one of those guys. His hits were dirty AND illegal. Let him go.

James Harrison contemplating retirement over NFL Fines.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5706748

Good for him. If he wants to maim people he can take up MMA or some other combat sport. There is no room in the NFL for head-hunting.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I say good riddance, if he gloats about hurting people,let him go. I understand there are mistakes for hitting other players, but when you go out there to purposely hurt other players we don't need you out there period.

Harrison isn't going anywhere. All he's trying to do it prove his point. While I may not agree with his stance, I understand where he's coming from. He doesn't want to see the NFL get soft. But at the same time, there is no league if the trend continues.

And as for my opinion on the whole thing... Tuning in to see players get crushed is NOT why I'm a fan of the NFL. While 'big hits' sometimes get you out of your chair, it isn't everything. The sport doesn't die if blows like that are tamed. As long as the new rules are called fairly across the board, I will continue to an avid follower of the league.

6uXNWAo.png

Indianapolis police have arrested Colts punter Pat McAfee and charged him with public intoxication after he was found wet and shirtless near a downtown canal...

Not a way to go about keeping your job when you already are the NFL's answer to the Maytag repair man.

Gives new meaning to the phrase "liquored up idiot kicker". What is it with the Colts anyway? :P

Hey Buc, did you see Saints-Bucs? I didn't get to the 4th quarter till today. If there wasn't bad blood before, there sure is now. They got into it several times after Jenkins nailed Freeman at the sideline. The rematch in New Orleans should be interesting.

Gives new meaning to the phrase "liquored up idiot kicker". What is it with the Colts anyway? :P

Hey Buc, did you see Saints-Bucs? I didn't get to the 4th quarter till today. If there wasn't bad blood before, there sure is now. They got into it several times after Jenkins nailed Freeman at the sideline. The rematch in New Orleans should be interesting.

The kickers/punters get bored or driven to insanity with their lack of work or constant kickoffs thanks to Peyton Manning's offense that they take up drinking to get them through the day? :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Treat yourself to watching undrafted free agent Chris Ivory's spectacular 76-yard TD catch and run through the Chargers. This guy has been the talk of Saints' camp and though it wasn't San Diego's starters, I'm still giving this one a :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: .

To me that was just piss-poor tackling on the (3rd string) Chargers D more than any sort of spectacular talent or moves.

Probably a little of both.

Just wondering what you guys think of Ivory's 15 for 158 performance against Tampa Bay. I don't care who you're playing, 10 yards a pop is impressive.

Archived