NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

They both look great.

Sidenote: I love the direction this league's aesthetic is trending in.

Agreed. It's a welcome change after the first round of Edge redesigns.

The Leafs sweater is the 67 sweater. Nothing new there.

The new Senators alternate is so far beyond anything they've ever worn. Ho long until they can base the entire set on thus sweater?

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them in so far as it helped separate them from the Blackhawks, Devils, Hurricanes, and (at tge time) Sabres, but it just came off as to gimmicky. Which is weird because as a 90s expansion team they should be able to relish in such gimmickry. Given the team's name and the history behind it, however, it just looked out of place.

Plus they paired the laurel striping with that ugly 3D centurion head.

I think the Sens are just a little too plain for me. It works as an alternate but an O on a black red and white jersey doesn't work as a team identity. It is much better than the roman theme though, that's never worked well. I'm in agreement with an above poster, the gold laurel jersey is brilliant when the logo is ignored.

Not much to say about the Toronto jersey. Looks good. My only complaint is that the home and third jerseys are much too similar for my taste.

That looks like clean white and not the "vintage" white, which is great. Very nice job on the Ottawa sweater.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

That looks like clean white and not the "vintage" white, which is great. Very nice job on the Ottawa sweater.

It's been confirmed as vintage white already. Compare the hem stripes to the white jersey on the right of the picture, or the Maple Leafs jersey. Not clean white.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It's been confirmed as vintage white already. Compare the hem stripes to the white jersey on the right of the picture, or the Maple Leafs jersey. Not clean white.

I don't recall hearing it was vintage white. I always recall it being standard white. But I should say no one ever had a clear understanding on what color it would be.

The whole Sens website is dressed in vintage white. Hell, the 20th Anniversary logo is vintage white. :P

OttawaSenators.png

Sens confirm that the leaked jersey is legit.

Anyways, I am a HUGE fan of the new Senators jersey. Worlds better than the terrible SENS alt, and probably the best of their entire set (I actually like their current uniforms). They knocked that one out of the park.

As for the Leafs alt, I'm not really impressed & it's mainly because I don't like that leaf. I'd prefer if they just went with a blue version of the 3rd that they've had before, but it's not ugly or anything.

Toronto's is a lateral thing. It's nice, but nothing we haven't seen.

I'm in love with Ottawa's though. I kinda think I almost really need one.

I agree with this 100%. I love the "67 Leaf" but I would really like the leafs to try something new in terms of a 3rd.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I really like the Senators new alt. The only problem I have with it is the vintage white. Make that pure white and it's one of the best jerseys in the league. As for the Leafs, I'm not really impressed. That's probably my least favorite leaf they have used and the striping pattern doesn't look great on a hockey jersey to me.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I really like the Senators new alt. The only problem I have with it is the vintage white. Make that pure white and it's one of the best jerseys in the league. As for the Leafs, I'm not really impressed. That's probably my least favorite leaf they have used and the striping pattern doesn't look great on a hockey jersey to me.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well there really wasn't anywhere to go but up. I miss the Pre-Edge jerseys... You know when creativity and looking good weren't mutually exclusive.

The new Senators alternate is so far beyond anything they've ever worn. Ho long until they can base the entire set on thus sweater?

Never I hope

Anything that replaces the SNES jersey has my support but getting rid of the gold would be a huge mistake as it's the only thing that differentiates the Senators from the other Red and Black teams in the league.

Well there really wasn't anywhere to go but up. I miss the Pre-Edge jerseys... You know when creativity and looking good weren't mutually exclusive.

Never I hope

Anything that replaces the SNES jersey has my support but getting rid of the gold would be a huge mistake as it's the only thing that differentiates the Senators from the other Red and Black teams in the league.

I'm not sure how well a white version of this sweater would work. How much of the sweater has to be white to qualify as a road sweater? I mean, you have to have a certain amount of contrast, don't you?

I think the best direction for the Senators would be to keep this as a third and move towards a modernized barber pole at home (I'm not entirely sure what that means just yet, but something like this), and a very plain white road jersey that use the modern logos.

I really really like the Sens jersey. They haven't overdone it, which was the biggest problem with their last third. Look how simple the sleeves are. This design WORKS, and it's barber pole enough. It also doesn't look like the vintage white is all that dark, so nobody should be complaining THAT much.

The Leafs have made a great move in the right direction. Sure, it's been worn before (well, mostly. there IS a silver outline on the crest), but it's nothing that this generation has ever seen. Moreover, it's DIFFERENT than the home and road. The old third was just the white jersey with a different logo and blue shoulders. This at least has different stripes. It's a good-enough upgrade

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'm not sure how well a white version of this sweater would work. How much of the sweater has to be white to qualify as a road sweater?

Just swap the white and black. It would work.

The Leafs have made a great move in the right direction. Sure, it's been worn before (well, mostly. there IS a silver outline on the crest),

No there isn't.

Archived