NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How awful does that vegas gold look when you place it right next to how the Penguins should look...

I dont know the reason but Mario has been intent on the Pens not wearing athletic gold again, and I truly believe he would just assume see the Pens wearing blue full time. I still hear a lot of people clamor for the return of athletic gold, and the franchise had the chance to bring it back twice even as one-offs for the Winter Classic, but we get blue instead. If it wasnt for the Steelers and Bucs wearing black and gold I honestly think they'd be in blue and white in a heartbeat.

How awful does that vegas gold look when you place it right next to how the Penguins should look...

I dont know the reason but Mario has been intent on the Pens not wearing athletic gold again, and I truly believe he would just assume see the Pens wearing blue full time. I still hear a lot of people clamor for the return of athletic gold, and the franchise had the chance to bring it back twice even as one-offs for the Winter Classic, but we get blue instead. If it wasnt for the Steelers and Bucs wearing black and gold I honestly think they'd be in blue and white in a heartbeat.

Pretty much. I've heard the rumour that Mario just doesn't like the athletic gold from more then one person.

It didn't look to bad on their pre-Edge set, when the Vegas gold was shiny. It just looks like flat khaki on the Edge sweaters.

There's not really much to add to the conversation, but count me as someone who prefers the new gold over the former. I've read all the reasons why they "need" to go back, but I really don't like the idea of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin wearing the same colors as Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr. It's not as if the Penguins are steeped in any sort of aesthetic tradition - they've tweaked their colors, uniforms, helmets, and even the damn crest every seven or eight years for their entire existence. Doing something they've already done would be an ugly step backwards, which is exactly how I feel about what the Islanders and Oilers are doing.

The darker gold just makes sense to me as an evolution of the uniform. They don't look like the Bruins anymore. As long as the skating penguin is the primary logo, they're still the Penguins.

#craigadams

Good

The Capitals Edge jerseys have not aged well in my humble opinion. I think the only reason they were so widely accepted is because it was one of the first unveilings with many far worse designs to go. The throwback on the other hand is a nice traditional look without being too derivative.

Capitals throwback looks horrible with the wordmark on a patch as opposed to the individually-stitched letters. They just don't look right, and you can see the backing of the patch clearly over the thin-Edge material.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Capitals throwback looks horrible with the wordmark on a patch as opposed to the individually-stitched letters. They just don't look right, and you can see the backing of the patch clearly over the thin-Edge material.

Replica?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Replica?

If Ovie wore a replica during the Winter Classic.

107843606.jpg

bufg.png

Those Capitals throwbacks are depressingly bad. That just looks like what a crappy team would wear in some dark, crappy, half-empty suburban arena. Should've started the new era with the Weagle as the crest. No throwbacks or neo-retro.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Good

The Capitals Edge jerseys have not aged well in my humble opinion. I think the only reason they were so widely accepted is because it was one of the first unveilings with many far worse designs to go. The throwback on the other hand is a nice traditional look without being too derivative.

Going to disagree with this.

The current Capitals re-made script logo & uniforms are better than the Winter Classic jersey, which is now their official 3rd jersey I guess. But I have nothing to take away from any of the 3 uniforms sets because now they have something near the perfect set. Good, sleak, modern home and away unis with a throwback alt that compliments the set. The perfect match! :P

I think the reason why the H & R are more liked than disliked is that they took futuristic striping elements and used them without going overboard like the "Sens" alt & the Thrashers alt. They went with something simple and stuck with only that, unlike the two latter teams who used a hybrid of 3 different types of striping for the jersey, rolled it all up into a nice big shiny ball and went up to the public and said "This is the team's new alternate jersey. Now like it!".

Dear ML$E,

You own the richest hockey team in the world. You are one of the most powerful Unions out there. You could not spend all your money if you tried. Much like your predecessors, you care nothing about winning, and all about money. Yet despite all this, you still find ways to make more. Now on behalf of suffering Leaf fans everywhere, please sell yourselves to Rogers.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Replica?

If Ovie wore a replica during the Winter Classic.

Not replicas. The authentics have the wordmark as a single patch, I'm guessing BringBackTheVet is referring to the actual 1980's Caps jerseys where the letters were individually stitched on.

107843659.jpg

c1245f0129b2ca00e00e6a7067002302_0.jpg

OttawaSenators.png

Archived