NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Just asking guys, are you really buying a jersey just because it's cheap? Don't you guys know of better things to spend $20 bucks on than a fugly jersey that you hate?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just asking guys, are you really buying a jersey just because it's cheap? Don't you guys know of better things to spend $20 bucks on than a fugly jersey that you hate?

For about 120 bucks off of the original price for a jersey that I will add to my collection? Yes.

And I personally bought the White one.

bufg.png

That's why I didn't buy the black one.

Heres what we already know for 2012-13

Edmonton Oilers

Ditching the Navy Half Striped practice alternate (finally).

-Florida Panthers

Ditching the double blue alternates.

Tampa Bay Lightning

Either ditching or modifying the "Bolts" alternate. This was supposed to happen last year.

Heres what I would like to see happen...

Anaheim Ducks

Alternate becomes the Home with a matching White. Black word mark jersey remains as the alternate since a cup was won in it.

Boston Bruins

Ditch the bland as paint alternate and replace it with a primarily yellow jersey with the current primary on the front. Similar to WC jersey but with Black instead of brown.

Buffalo Sabres

Ditch the piping, pit stains and front numbers

Calgary Flames

Brand new Home and Road jerseys. The current ones with the flags are atrocious

Colorado Avalanche

Brand new Home and Road jerseys based off the cup years

Dallas Stars

Brand New Home and Roads. Home jersey should be Green.

Los Angeles Kings

Add hem stripes to the black home. Make the Purple and Gold the full time alternate

Minnesota Wild

Ditch all three. Nothing is working. Bring back home and roads based on the inaugural jerseys

St Louis Blues

Ditch all three. Once again nothing is working. Bring back something based on the Pre-Edge's

Since a new NHL Uniform Change thread will likely pop in the next few days, I'll post what I'd like to see happen:

Tampa Bay:

Get your own jerseys. Go back to the Cup ones.

Winnipeg:

Introduce an Aviator Blue (light blue) third jersey.

Buffalo:

+1 on Morgo. Ditch the pit stains and nubers and they have one of the best sets in the league.

Phoenix:

Go back to the pre-Edge set or pull a Winnpieg: keep the name, but get new colours and a new logo.

Dallas:

Bring back the classic star logo. Ditch these atrocious basketball jerseys.

Colorado:

Go back to the Cup jerseys.

Minnesota:

Ditch this red jersey and roundel nonsense. Go with the inaugural green jerseys.

Islanders:

DITCH THE THIRD!

Nashville:

Dump the navy thirds. They look nice, but don't go well with the new set.

Boston:

While I like the black jersey, make the WC jersey the new third but switch brown for black.

Anaheim:

Make the alt the home with a matching white road, but with toned-down striping.

Florida:

Make the arm stripes go all the way around!

Columbus:

Ditch the wanna-be Original 6 third.

Ottawa:

Go back to the original set.

Pittsburgh:

Go back pre-Edge or back to the Cup set.

Vancouver:

Ditch the word mark over the logo on the jersey.

Washington:

Give the primaries the alt striping and such.

St. Louis:

Go back to the pre-Edge set.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I started thinking about just how much better the Lightning uniforms would look if they used black shorts and black helmets. They don't even have to add black to the logo/jersey. I'm not saying this because they look life Leaf clones. I'm saying this because they have a history that they don't need to move away from. They should embrace it and apply it to their scheme instead. I think blue and white jerseys with black shorts would work great. Just look at Team Canada's alt jersey. Swap the Canada logo for the Lightning logo and swap the red for blue and there you have it!

I agree, though a touch of black in the logo would tie it all in nicely.

Buffalo should ditch the pit stains, the front numbers and grey entirely from their home and roads. The use of grey is unnecessary and it makes what should be a simple and classic jersey look over-produced.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

No picture, and not a huge deal since he was still with them last year, but in the Alumni game, Recchi is wearing pants with the Bruins spoked B logo on them.

And awesome to see Bernie Parent in full original equipment.

bufg.png

The kid standing on the Rangers bench is wearing a knockoff Rangers Winter Classic jersey.

rangers-055.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Loving the colour vs. colour in the Alumni Game, and Rangers goalie Dan Blackburn wearing two blockers! I remember reading about his set-up when he was with the ECHL's Victoria Salmon Kings, but this is the first time I've seen it.

I can haz sig?

Loving the colour vs. colour in the Alumni Game, and Rangers goalie Dan Blackburn wearing two blockers! I remember reading about his set-up when he was with the ECHL's Victoria Salmon Kings, but this is the first time I've seen it.

Yeah he had to retire at 21 or 22 or something because of a nerve problem in his left arm. He tried to come back with 2 blockers but never made a legit run at it.

The Rangers also have the logo in my signature below featured on their right shoulder today.

4c21c877b29bdc4e5c468ec22c6882bf-getty-136295872.jpg

And yes, that's Bernie Parent in his old pads from the 70's.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I started thinking about just how much better the Lightning uniforms would look if they used black shorts and black helmets. They don't even have to add black to the logo/jersey. I'm not saying this because they look life Leaf clones. I'm saying this because they have a history that they don't need to move away from. They should embrace it and apply it to their scheme instead. I think blue and white jerseys with black shorts would work great. Just look at Team Canada's alt jersey. Swap the Canada logo for the Lightning logo and swap the red for blue and there you have it!

Which is precisely what I've thought ever since they came out.

I loved the move to emphasize blue. I hated how, evidently, that meant making their primary color nothing more than an afterthought in their new look.

There's a reason why, from a pure color standpoint, their alts are the best they have.

spacer.png

Yeah he had to retire at 21 or 22 or something because of a nerve problem in his left arm. He tried to come back with 2 blockers but never made a legit run at it.

The Rangers also have the logo in my signature below featured on their right shoulder today.

4c21c877b29bdc4e5c468ec22c6882bf-getty-136295872.jpg

And yes, that's Bernie Parent in his old pads from the 70's.

Parent's mask is pretty much the best thing ever.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived