What Sports Moment Gives You Chills?

nash61

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray Bourque has already been listed, so I won't post the video again.

This moment was huge for me as well.

Joe+Paterno+Outback+Bowl+Florida+v+Penn+State+eV3kPbAisZXl.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

For me, it's the Ray Borque moment. That was absolutely perfect.

I also thought Brind'Amour's moment in 06 was pretty awesome

0620brind.jpg

OSU beating Miami in the 02 Fiesta Bowl is in there and Rick Nash scoring the goal that clinched the Blue Jackets only playoff berth is in there. Jay Bruce's walkoff to clinch the division last year didn't necessarily give me chills as it just made me really happy.

Also, this commercial

PvO6ZWJ.png

Eu-freakin-phoria. I still get chills watching this. I hugged people I had never seen before and haven't seen since. I drove all night to Boone to see the team come back and it was worth the speeding ticket I got.

This is REALLY long, but definitely worth the watch:

http://vimeo.com/2861268

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

DustDevil beat me to it, but the Stockton conference championship winner in '97 will always be tops for me. I'll never forget that sight of him jumping up and down at midcourt. So awesome.

Aside from that, the following gave me chills (in no particular order) -

- The State of Utah's only major championship, Real Salt Lake's 2009 MLS Cup win. The entire shootout stays with me, but of course it is the cup winner from Russell that sends the chills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8OjnFChuVo

- The 2009 Sugar Bowl, Utah's upset over Alabama. The first three touchdowns especially still give me chills, but the one sight that has stayed with me the most is Brian Johnson holding his MVP trophy after the game. That's pretty much when it sunk in that this was real.

Yeah, a bit homerish, but these are THE moments for me.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The absolute excitement in Daryl Waltrip's voice seeing his brother win, combined with the sudden turn to "I hope Dale's alright. I guess he's okay. Right?" is hard for me to watch. The only celebrity death that I've cried about. I tear up every time I watch it.

try being there. sitting in turn 4. not seeing Dale emerge out of the car, and seeing Kenny Schrader visibly shaken after he went and looked in the side window. no one within 4 sections of us moved out of their seats for close to an hour after the crash. we knew something wasnt right.

that gives me chills. (and i wasnt even an earnhardt fan). finding out he died on the radio as we drove home from florida is something I will never, ever forget.

I immediately think Boise-Oklahoma when I think of all time sports moments. I personally think the hook and ladder was even more amazing than the statue. It deserves just as much credit. For me, my all time sports moment was being at the Kennesaw State basketball game this year when we smashed Georgia Tech...(no, we are not in the Carolinas...and no, our head coach is not a crazy villian from Gotham City)

I could post plenty of UGA football or something, but I'll give this a run...it deserves it! watch it all!

Archived