What Sports Moment Gives You Chills?

nash61

Not the greatest quality video, but I think it expresses the joy and jubilation of a community better than a professional one could.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Man, that was my favorite game last year, which was ultimately the dagger in the Wings hearts. Let hope a moment like this replicates itself tomorrow. :grin:

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Here's one that always use to give me goosebumps. I don't think there has ever a better player intro than this:

Man, Pippen's so sweaty he looks like a boxer getting oiled up.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• 8 months later...

This was by far the best basketball game I have ever been to. The Warriors were down by over 20 in the first half and came back to win. That was as loud as I've ever heard Oracle. The Curry three to tie it at 61 gave me and probably ever Warrior fan chills

This was another awesome Warriors comeback at Oracle that I was at. Got a free ticket for participating in "CJ Watson Mohawk Night" My sister and I were sitting in the second level, and while the Warriors were making a push during the 4th quarter I remember telling her "if the Warriors win this game I'm jumping off the second deck" lol. I didnt but thats how exciting the game was. Oracle is one of the best venues in sports

I can't help but pump my fist. I was going CRAZY.

I was there live for that and literally almost fell from the 300 level, I was going that crazy. I was at Game 2 of the 2005 World Series and the 2006 NFC Championship Game, but game 5 against Nashville is my top sports moment. The atmposhere inside the Madhouse was awesome from the moment Kane put in the shorthanded, game-tying goal to Hossa putting in the game winner and I believe that when they won that game, you knew that team was winning the Cup.

This was by far the best basketball game I have ever been to. The Warriors were down by over 20 in the first half and came back to win. That was as loud as I've ever heard Oracle. The Curry three to tie it at 61 gave me and probably ever Warrior fan chills.

Oracle is one of the best venues in sports

A ISU skating world finals in 1992, and All-Star Game, a few NBA playoff games, and two Andre Ward fights does not make a venue "one of the best". That is equalizing Joe Robbie Stadium to one of the best MLB venues because of the 1997 and 2003 playoff runs before talking about a WrestleMania and Super Bowls.

However that that gave you chills...

Fresh off the heels of the Sandusky sex scandal, watching both Penn State and Nebraska's benches clear for a pre-game prayer was pretty amazing.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Western Force's first home win, Round 6 2007.

We joined the league in 2006, and this was our first home win ever, and what a way to get it. My happiest moment as a sports fan.

My second favourite moment as a sports fan, Round 8 2010. Down by two when the hooter goes, we need 3 points to win it. All I can remember is the people behind the posts standing up and celebrating and then everyone going absolutely nuts.

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Archived