2011 NFL Draft

Gary

Chicago Bears select Gabe Carimi

I personally thought that they'd go with Derek Sherrod.

Why Sherrod with not thoughts?

Then again, you give us no thoughts.

Personally, I would have thought that your parents would have installed NetNanny to keep you safe than to have you post on IBBs.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

late to the party.

but I just want to say, is there a more likeable guy to come into the NFL in the past 10 years than Mark Ingram?

He's the most average joe guy in the world, cries every time he's put on camera, so humble, and potentially so successful.

that man's going to give the NFL a good name for a long time.

St. Louis Rams select Robert Quinn

I don't want to hear another goddamn word about the four pillars, because this team just implicitly said " :censored: the four pillars." Of course they draft the character risk with the brain tumor. :rolleyes: This front office just loooves to swing for the fences in defiance of history and pattern recognition, and then acts completely surprised when it blows up in their faces.

All I can say is Los Angeles is going to have a kickass football team in a couple of years. They hit just often enough that they will not win enough to save St. Louis as a market, but will be a top team the year the move to Los Angeles happens.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Actually Reggie Bush did win it and earned it. They took it back but he still won it. It irks me when people say he didn't earn the Heisman when all he did was took money, he didn't take steroids.(not saying you meant he didnt earn it, just a mini rant)

Cameron Heyward to the Steelers....wasn't he alot higher in most mock drafts?

I like the couple suprises with the draft. I think Locker going at 8, Ponder going 12th, and where Gabbert went are my biggest offensive suprises. I almost forgot about the Falcons going ham(hard as a mother adults finish the rest)to get Julio Jones, I think they gave up too much.

My defensive suprises are Fairley falling to the Lions(it seemed like every single mock draft after the BCS Title game and somewhat recently had him going to the Panthers and atleast not passing the Bills at 3),I'm pretty sure Heyward falling to Steelers was a suprise to most, and Bowers not even getting picked yet.

Looks like the Browns decided to follow my lead from the mock draft thread and pile up some picks. This year's number one and next year's plus this year's 2nd and 4th and next year's 4th? For Julio Jones? The Falcons must know something no one else does because right now it sure looks like the Browns fleeced the Falcons on this one. Nice work Browns.

BB52Big.jpg

Reading through this thread, idk what was more annoying. Jahgee or dfwabel and co. commenting on him everytime he posted the pick. So he was posting the pick? What's it to you? Get over yourselves.

----

For the Colts, good pick with the BC left tackle. ESPN showed a bit of his highlight reel and it was a need position for the Colts. Gotta protect manning's blindside and that had been a problem this year with some of the injuries the Colts had. Not a flashy pick (that the Indy has had a ton of flashy picks at the back of the first round for the past 10+years), but it filled a need and I'm happy with it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Cam Newton will be a bust,if only for this:

113255670_crop_340x234.jpg?1304036545

No NOB for a No.1 overall is cheap, and he's holding the jersey backwards.

It's been pretty clear for a day or two that Carolina was going to take Newton. You'd think they'd be able to overnight a nameplate up to NYC, or something.

6uXNWAo.png

Actually Reggie Bush did win it and earned it. They took it back but he still won it. It irks me when people say he didn't earn the Heisman when all he did was took money, he didn't take steroids.(not saying you meant he didnt earn it, just a mini rant)

Cameron Heyward to the Steelers....wasn't he alot higher in most mock drafts?

I like the couple suprises with the draft. I think Locker going at 8, Ponder going 12th, and where Gabbert went are my biggest offensive suprises. I almost forgot about the Falcons going ham(hard as a mother adults finish the rest)to get Julio Jones, I think they gave up too much.

My defensive suprises are Fairley falling to the Lions(it seemed like every single mock draft after the BCS Title game and somewhat recently had him going to the Panthers and atleast not passing the Bills at 3),I'm pretty sure Heyward falling to Steelers was a suprise to most, and Bowers not even getting picked yet.

Not to nitpick but Reggie Bush wasn't 1st overall though

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Weird trade between ATL and CLE. They must have really like Julio Jones, because they gave up a lot.

Holy Ricky Williams, Batman. Seriously, five picks for one guy (1,2,4 this year, 1 and 4 next year)? I mean, was anyone at all saying, "Wow, the Packers really beat the s*** out of the Falcons in the playoffs. If only Atlanta had one more great wide receiver..." IMO it's tough to argue that any one player is worth that much, especially a WR. The Falcons' greatest need is clearly on defense so this move is almost a shocker to me.

The Saints gave up a lot too for Mark Ingram. Hope he's worth it.

Agree with Buc about Detroit. If Stafford can stay healthy, they'll be a force. Glad they're not in the NFC South with the D they're building there.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Personally, I would have thought that your parents would have installed NetNanny to keep you safe than to have you post on IBBs.

imagesCAUZ5BQY.jpg

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

ho ho, Reggie getting a little spicy in tweet-verse. Word.

Was talking with a large bears group on mIRC and they were horrified the Bears were going to take Austin, then Baltimore's passed pick was all due to a botched trade-up attempt by the Bears.

Thankfully the Bears did the right thing and landed Carimi, it should be interesting to see if they let him stay at right tackle or if they satisfy the rumors and put him at right guard.

If they do put him at guard and leave Chris Williams at LG, the Bears would be starting 2 6'7'' 280 pound guards. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My boy James Carpenter hell of a Tackle but maybe a tad of a reach.

You might be right. I have no idea how good Carpenter is as a Tackle, and IMHO, I think QB is a far more pressing need to take of then the O-Line, although the line is an issue as well.

I don't know about you, but with Dalton, Mallett and Kaepernick still on the board, the 'Hawks should of taken one of them. Thankfully, two of those three might still be around when Seattle picks again in the 2nd Round.

The Cardinals took Patrick Peterson

Unless they can get a good QB in free agency, this could be a dangerous pick.

With trading opening today, the Cardinals are expected to trade their second round pick this year for Kevin Kolb. I think taking Patrick Peterson was a great pick, something to compliment DRC as another Corner.

I have seen you post on here for a long time. I just have to ask something. Are you foreign? Your posts makes me think of the directv guy. You know, "I jumps in it." Stop making fun of people until you learn to proofread.

Back to the draft. I am very pleased with the Jags. We needed another QB. I have been done with Garrard since the 09 Colts game at home. I don't know how Gabbert will fair but, I like his chances better than the QBs selected before him.I think Ponder could be a threat if he wasn't so damn injury prone. I hope Mallet knows why he hasnt been drafted yet. When I hear Mallet talk I get the impression that he is not a very smart man.

With trading opening today, the Cardinals are expected to trade their second round pick this year for Kevin Kolb. I think taking Patrick Peterson was a great pick, something to compliment DRC as another Corner.

I don't know anything, but I'd be surprised (but not shocked) if this happened. Reputable sources have stated that the Eagles somehow got first-round offers for Kolb, and that if they were allowed, they would have traded him before yesterday's picks. Unless there's some "wink wink" thing going on and some team made their first round pick for the Eagles, I wouldn't expect him to be traded for any 2011 picks if they could still talk someone into giving them a 2012 first rounder. The Eagles have shown in the past that they're stubborn enough to hold on to someone if they don't think that they're getting exactly what they think he's worth back, even if it means losing him for nothing.

Of course my opinion has always been to keep him because despite everything great that he did on and off the field last year, the fact is still that Vick is thisclose away to being kicked out of the league for life, and then the Eagles would be screwed. When it comes to a franchise QB, I'd rather go with the sure thing then the flashy risk.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't know anything, but I'd be surprised (but not shocked) if this happened. Reputable sources have stated that the Eagles somehow got first-round offers for Kolb, and that if they were allowed, they would have traded him before yesterday's picks. Unless there's some "wink wink" thing going on and some team made their first round pick for the Eagles, I wouldn't expect him to be traded for any 2011 picks if they could still talk someone into giving them a 2012 first rounder. The Eagles have shown in the past that they're stubborn enough to hold on to someone if they don't think that they're getting exactly what they think he's worth back, even if it means losing him for nothing.

Of course my opinion has always been to keep him because despite everything great that he did on and off the field last year, the fact is still that Vick is thisclose away to being kicked out of the league for life, and then the Eagles would be screwed. When it comes to a franchise QB, I'd rather go with the sure thing then the flashy risk.

From what i've been hearing people in Phoenix(KTAR, XTRA 910, KNXV Channel 15) is this has been a done deal before the lockout, but because of the lockout there can be no trades. But since teams can now start trading players this is expected to be a done deal before the day.

From what i've been hearing people in Phoenix(KTAR, XTRA 910, KNXV Channel 15) is this has been a done deal before the lockout, but because of the lockout there can be no trades. But since teams can now start trading players this is expected to be a done deal before the day.

If that's the case, then the Cardinals are making a great deal for themselves.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived