College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Tonight is one of those nights when I cheer against a team simply because of their uniforms... Athletes are so superstitious that if Maryland gets hammered, we probably won't have to see these uniforms again.

The way they're moving down the field, don't hold your breath.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought everyone here was overreacting about the Maryland uniforms. So I turn on ESPN just to see what they look like and they're just about as bad as described here. Someone else walked into my room while I was watching and the first thing he said was how bad Maryland's uniforms were. Hopefully reaction elsewhere is the same and this is the only time those helmets and jersey see the field.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I just chuckled when I saw them. I knew the boards would explode over this. I just don't think the Maryland flag makes a good football helmet. I really like the jersey and pants though. Put the "turtle shell" helmet with these and we have a winner.

I thought everyone here was overreacting about the Maryland uniforms. So I turn on ESPN just to see what they look like and they're just about as bad as described here. Someone else walked into my room while I was watching and the first thing he said was how bad Maryland's uniforms were. Hopefully reaction elsewhere is the same and this is the only time those helmets and jersey see the field.

Funny how the people that like the uni's state it as an opinion and the people that don't state it as a fact. Art (and yes, uniforms/helmets these days are works of art) is up for individual interpretation. The sooner you realize that, the sooner a college football uniform won't be such a big deal that you'll feel the need to broadcast your disgust on a logo forum.

I *love* 'em. Bold, brash, etc., in a way that the officially-released uniforms weren't. The other unis screamed "we want to be Oregon too"; these unis scream "we want to be *Maryland* - and no one else."

Except this is exactly like Oregon going for a crazy Pro Combat design that doesn't fit their color scheme

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Funny how the people that like the uni's state it as an opinion and the people that don't state it as a fact. Art (and yes, uniforms/helmets these days are works of art) is up for individual interpretation. The sooner you realize that, the sooner a college football uniform won't be such a big deal that you'll feel the need to broadcast your disgust on a logo forum.

Um, broadcasting our disgust on various subjects and disagreeing with peoples' opinions is kind of the point of this forum.

Anyway, the biggest problem with this helmet is that it probably would look worse with any other jersey.

I *love* 'em. Bold, brash, etc., in a way that the officially-released uniforms weren't. The other unis screamed "we want to be Oregon too"; these unis scream "we want to be *Maryland* - and no one else."

Except this is exactly like Oregon going for a crazy Pro Combat design that doesn't fit their color scheme

Except that the maryland flag has always been associated with the terps.

How doesn't this uniform fit their color scheme? It uses red, yellow, and black. I'm pretty sure those are school colors.

Also, the jerseys are one step too far, IMO. The regular turtle-shell set is fine enough. I just really dig that helmet.

Except that the maryland flag has always been associated with the terps.

I was refering more towards the craziness aspect more than the colors aspect.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

UA's created a set that says "Maryland." And nothing really else. Not "carbon, anthracite, and volt," which could be any team conceptually. They scream Maryland.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived