2011-12 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

DCDuck

Still wish that Lehigh hadn't celebrated as much. It's one game, there are still five to go.

Have you ever played team sports? Seriously...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still wish that Lehigh hadn't celebrated as much. It's one game, there are still five to go.

Yes, I played team sports, and if I was their head coach, anyone who celebrated there would be benched for the next game. Celebration has no place in sports.

LvZYtbZ.png

LOL @ UNC fans celebrating Duke's loss as if the Heels had just won a championship!!

I'm laughing BECAUSE UNC fans are celebrating. Seriously, that's :censored: awesome just like any Kansas fans that were in Omaha cheering Missouri's exit.

I saw, I came, I left.

Stolen from Facebook:

Can anyone truly be surprised at these NCAA "stunners" on this 3/16, Stone Cold Steve Austin Day?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I haven't posted on here very much about my Blue Devils this year but here's how I feel about them. Duke has been incredibly inconsistent this year and has not impressed me at all. They will either be knocked out in the second (third) round or maybe sweet 16. My Final Four is looking like North Carolina, Ohio State, Kansas, and either Syracuse or Michigan St.

Can't say I did't call this...

But in all seriousness this has been the least amount I have cared/been passionate about a Duke team since that awful one in back in 2006. This team just simply never had it and you could tell that without Ryan Kelly they weren't going anywhere. Now I can just enjoy the tournament without worrying about Duke or my hilarious bracket.

Yes, I played team sports, and if I was their head coach, anyone who celebrated there would be benched for the next game. Celebration has no place in sports.

No wonder you don't coach...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Well, I don't even want to look at my bracket anymore... I'm afraid it's going to look like the mangled corpse of an Immortal after the 300 Spartans got to it (See, I knew I could get a 300 reference in there :P)

Then, Duke losing in Greensboro... That might be more shocking since Greensboro is basically ACC country.

Oh, and Michigan State is up by four against LIU... I don't see an upset here, but part of me wants LIU to win because I liked the old dopey looking Blackbird logo they had.

So it's probably a good thing that you aren't their coach. Saying "Celebration has no place in sports" is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard. I say good for Lehigh. Celebrate as much as you want. This is an incredible achievement for them. Just don't do anything stupid tonight.

I've only lost 3 Sweet Sixteen teams (Wichita St., Duke, Michigan), and one in the Elite Eight (Duke)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So it's probably a good thing that you aren't their coach. Saying "Celebration has no place in sports" is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard. I say good for Lehigh. Celebrate as much as you want. This is an incredible achievement for them. Just don't do anything stupid tonight.

I've seen too many times where celebration costs a team. It's called being the consummate professional at all times.

LvZYtbZ.png

Playing Duke WAS Lehigh's tourney. Whatever they do from here doesn't matter because they've already left their mark on tournament history. IIRC, Lehigh's celebration (and Norfolk State's for than matter) was much more tame than when Hampton beat Iowa State in '01. Who really cares? Let the kids celebrate!

6uXNWAo.png

As much fun as seeing two 15/2 upsets today is though (and, fortunately, this Duke team was awful and no threat to win the Title), lets be wary of how upsets now will wreck the later rounds.

2011 is a cautionary tale of the upset. In the end, we were left with a God awful Championship Game between UConn and a friggen #8 seed Butler. A game that, given the circumstances, remains and may possibly always remain as the worst CBB game I have ever watched or, at least, tried to watch, since I probably didn't watch anything beyond the first half. Awful, awful basketball by two teams nowhere near the nation's best.

Mizzou was one of the five best, possibly three best, teams in CBB this year. It was fun seeing a 15/2 upset of those proportions (and especially since it was Norfolk St. winning that game - not Mizzou losing it), but lets hope future round matchups can make up for the loss of a strong team like that. We don't need a repeat of the 2011 awfulness in San Antonio.

spacer.png

Why are we feeding the willmorristrollbot?

I've been trying for two years now. It's been a losing battle for me, but if you're willing to take up the cause, feel free. I pass the torch to you, young man.

---------------------------------------------

In the span of three hours, it went from "Oh my God, Mizzou lost to a 15 seed!" to "Oh, yeah? Mizzou lost, too?"

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived