NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Can someone in the know (Showtime) please let me know if any changes are coming for the Ravens. I want to buy some gear now that everything will be on sale but want to make sure its not going to be outdated by the time it gets to me

thanks

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this on the PFT website today concerning next year with Nike

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/if-buying-nfl-jerseys-before-april-buyer-beware/

We write this item not to create problems for our friends at the NFL.  But our loyalty lies primarily to the millions (and, amazingly, there really are millions) who rely on us for information about the sport they love.

If you love the NFL enough to plunk down some jack for a jersey, replica or official, you probably should wait three months.

In April 2012, Nike takes over the apparel contract from Reebok.  And on the day that the switch was announced in October 2010, Nike Brand president Charlie Denson told Darren Rovell of CNBC that significant adjustments are coming.

?We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we?ve done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available,? Denson said. ?The NFL program hasn?t had the same type of advancement in recent years.

The looming change possibly explains why players like Vikings running back Adrian Peterson are contemplating a number change.  Recently on his Twitter page, Peterson mused about shifting to No. 21 or No. 23.  (Maybe Peterson knows something that cornerback Asher Allen, who currently wears No. 21, doesn?t.)

In past years, a player-initiated number change would have been met with a requirement that the player refund Reebok for the existing inventory of jerseys with the number he wants to abandon.  With the new Nike jerseys coming soon, there?s a chance that it will be open season for the shifting of numbers.

Regardless of whether we?ll see players changing numbers, the jerseys apparently will be changing.  And it would make sense to refrain from breaking out your change purse until the new designs are unveiled.

http://profootballta...l-buyer-beware/

We write this item not to create problems for our friends at the NFL. But our loyalty lies primarily to the millions (and, amazingly, there really are millions) who rely on us for information about the sport they love.

If you love the NFL enough to plunk down some jack for a jersey, replica or official, you probably should wait three months.

In April 2012, Nike takes over the apparel contract from Reebok. And on the day that the switch was announced in October 2010, Nike Brand president Charlie Denson told Darren Rovell of CNBC that significant adjustments are coming.

"We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we've done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available," Denson said. "The NFL program hasn't had the same type of advancement in recent years.

The looming change possibly explains why players like Vikings running back Adrian Peterson are contemplating a number change. Recently on his Twitter page, Peterson mused about shifting to No. 21 or No. 23. (Maybe Peterson knows something that cornerback Asher Allen, who currently wears No. 21, doesn't.)

In past years, a player-initiated number change would have been met with a requirement that the player refund Reebok for the existing inventory of jerseys with the number he wants to abandon. With the new Nike jerseys coming soon, there's a chance that it will be open season for the shifting of numbers.

Regardless of whether we'll see players changing numbers, the jerseys apparently will be changing. And it would make sense to refrain from breaking out your change purse until the new designs are unveiled.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of design changes though. We all know the differences between templates and materials and all that, but to the average Joe who's buying a replica jersey, it might not matter or even be noticeable (assuming that the templates for the replicas would even change - for all we know it'll be like the NBA where only the authentics are different material / cuts.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are they trying to assert that an '8' is heavier, or takes up significantly more space on a jersey than a '1' or a '3'? Sounds ridiculous to me. If a jersey make doesn't mesh well and function at the optimum with every combination of 2 digits, then what the hell is the point anyway

Huh?

BCBannersSig.png

All they're saying is that players will be free to change their number with no monetary penalty because Nike is taking over. You previously had to buy all of your jerseys that had already been produced off Reebok if you wanted to make a number change while staying on the same team. Since Nike is starting over clean, there won't be that penalty. Nothing to do with materials or weights of certain digits.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

All they're saying is that players will be free to change their number with no monetary penalty because Nike is taking over. You previously had to buy all of your jerseys that had already been produced off Reebok if you wanted to make a number change while staying on the same team. Since Nike is starting over clean, there won't be that penalty. Nothing to do with materials or weights of certain digits.

Now I understand what Chaz was saying. Thanks. I agree with your assessment.

BCBannersSig.png

What will the league do with the remaining Reebok jerseys that they can't sell? I imagine there will be some left over even with the jerseys being sold at cut-rate prices.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/24/if-buying-nfl-jerseys-before-april-buyer-beware/

We write this item not to create problems for our friends at the NFL.  But our loyalty lies primarily to the millions (and, amazingly, there really are millions) who rely on us for information about the sport they love.

In April 2012, Nike takes over the apparel contract from Reebok.  And on the day that the switch was announced in October 2010, Nike Brand president Charlie Denson told Darren Rovell of CNBC that significant adjustments are coming.

?We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we?ve done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available,? Denson said. ?The NFL program hasn?t had the same type of advancement in recent years.

The looming change possibly explains why players like Vikings running back Adrian Peterson are contemplating a number change.  Recently on his Twitter page, Peterson mused about shifting to No. 21 or No. 23.  (Maybe Peterson knows something that cornerback Asher Allen, who currently wears No. 21, doesn?t.)

In past years, a player-initiated number change would have been met with a requirement that the player refund Reebok for the existing inventory of jerseys with the number he wants to abandon.  With the new Nike jerseys coming soon, there?s a chance that it will be open season for the shifting of numbers.

Regardless of whether we?ll see players changing numbers, the jerseys apparently will be changing.  And it would make sense to refrain from breaking out your change purse until the new designs are unveiled.

This S**t is getting out of hand.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

What will the league do with the remaining Reebok jerseys that they can't sell? I imagine there will be some left over even with the jerseys being sold at cut-rate prices.

I'd actually doubt that there will be that many left over, since Reebok stopped shipping product months ago (Packers jerseys have been dropping out of stock since before Christmas). The teams have been depleting existing stock, which is why they've had to go with the unbranded "Pro Line" jerseys now.

And the tide turns from "Nike will surely ruin the Bears, Packers, and Raiders!" to "Nike isn't going to fix the Dolphins, Steelers, or Cardinals!"

I'm not disappointed in Nike. It's not up to them whether or not the uniform gets changed for any team. Whoever has the ultimate say in Dolphins land on what uniforms are worn when is just really boring. They never even wear throwbacks. Last time was 2002 on Thanksgiving. The orange jerseys pop up every once in a while but they didn't wear them at all last year.

phinslogo-2.png

I'm not disappointed in Nike. It's not up to them whether or not the uniform gets changed for any team. Whoever has the ultimate say in Dolphins land on what uniforms are worn when is just really boring. They never even wear throwbacks. Last time was 2002 on Thanksgiving. The orange jerseys pop up every once in a while but they didn't wear them at all last year.

When you insist on wearing white at home, for almost every game, you end up looking boring with your uniforms.

If the Dolphins got out of the 20th century and started wearing dark jersey's (either aqua or their orange alts) for home games, they'd look a lot better and not as 'drab' as they usually do. Because when you wear white at home, that just means you will be wearing white almost all year long. And that is lame.

Can someone in the know (Showtime) please let me know if any changes are coming for the Ravens. I want to buy some gear now that everything will be on sale but want to make sure its not going to be outdated by the time it gets to me

thanks

>>>>

Dunno the answer to your question, but I for one think it would be a great improvement if they were to use their alternate logo as the primary on the helmet. Sure beats that silly bird they currently use... Also the 'B' looks so wrong when facing the left.

ravens_alternate_2012.jpg

When you insist on wearing white at home, for almost every game, you end up looking boring with your uniforms.

If the Dolphins got out of the 20th century and started wearing dark jersey's (either aqua or their orange alts) for home games, they'd look a lot better and not as 'drab' as they usually do. Because when you wear white at home, that just means you will be wearing white almost all year long. And that is lame.

Not lame at all. It's just a part of their identity, and is what helps make them unique. The Dolphins have all white, just as the Cowboys have white sandwiched by silver, or the Giants have blue at home and red on the road.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Not lame at all. It's just a part of their identity, and is what helps make them unique. The Dolphins have all white, just as the Cowboys have white sandwiched by silver, or the Giants have blue at home and red on the road.

>>>>>

Andrew, you're a die-hard Browns fan ... do you really feel that them wearing all-white this past regular season didn't get old quick and you'd like to see them to do it all over again in 2012?

I ask you and say this as a deep admirer of their Brown jerseys with white pants.

208d60bb.png

HAVEN't YOu guYS SSEEN these are REALL, nike iz gonna ruin EVERYThing

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived