NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I'm not disappointed in Nike. It's not up to them whether or not the uniform gets changed for any team. Whoever has the ultimate say in Dolphins land on what uniforms are worn when is just really boring. They never even wear throwbacks. Last time was 2002 on Thanksgiving. The orange jerseys pop up every once in a while but they didn't wear them at all last year.

When you insist on wearing white at home, for almost every game, you end up looking boring with your uniforms.

If the Dolphins got out of the 20th century and started wearing dark jersey's (either aqua or their orange alts) for home games, they'd look a lot better and not as 'drab' as they usually do. Because when you wear white at home, that just means you will be wearing white almost all year long. And that is lame.

Not really trying to be an a$$, but why is it that the plural of jersey gets an apostrophe, but the plural of game doesn't?

On topic - nobody is changing unless they planned on making a change. Breathe deep.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not disappointed in Nike. It's not up to them whether or not the uniform gets changed for any team. Whoever has the ultimate say in Dolphins land on what uniforms are worn when is just really boring. They never even wear throwbacks. Last time was 2002 on Thanksgiving. The orange jerseys pop up every once in a while but they didn't wear them at all last year.

When you insist on wearing white at home, for almost every game, you end up looking boring with your uniforms.

If the Dolphins got out of the 20th century and started wearing dark jersey's (either aqua or their orange alts) for home games, they'd look a lot better and not as 'drab' as they usually do. Because when you wear white at home, that just means you will be wearing white almost all year long. And that is lame.

Not really trying to be an a$, but why is it that the plural of jersey gets an apostrophe, but the plural of game doesn't?

On topic - nobody is changing unless they planned on making a change. Breathe deep.

>>>>>

I was once in a suburban town that had a Book and Magazine store that in the front window there was a sign that read: BOOK'S . . lol2.gif

I was excited about these new jerseys... but I guess there aren't going to be ANY changes to the Dolphins set. Which is thoroughly disappointing.

How about these Dolphin uniforms as a throwback .. possible in the Aqua jerseys tho' ? Not really all that much change that an average Joe would even notice ...

Los_Angeles_Memorial_Coliseum_20070920131906_gallery_600.jpg

Los_Angeles_Memorial_Coliseum_20070920133456_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d803c0976_gallery_600.jpg

In my opinion, the Dolphins have one of the greatest color schemes in any sport.

dolphins.jpg

display_image.jpg?x=50426

Miami+Dolphins+v+Jacksonville+Jaguars+J-rkNBQW-mHl.jpg

All of those sets are awesome IMO. Personally, if the Orange's became the primary I wouldn't even mind. Even the all whites look good, but not at home. I can see the argument for the loss of the drop shadow, but still, they should use their unique colors more, instead of boring white/white at home every week it seems

Not lame at all. It's just a part of their identity, and is what helps make them unique. The Dolphins have all white, just as the Cowboys have white sandwiched by silver, or the Giants have blue at home and red on the road.

>>>>>

Andrew, you're a die-hard Browns fan ... do you really feel that them wearing all-white this past regular season didn't get old quick and you'd like to see them to do it all over again in 2012?

I ask you and say this as a deep admirer of their Brown jerseys with white pants.

Let me preface this by saying that I feel the Dolphins' all-white getup is a much bigger piece of their identity than it has been for the Browns throughout the course of their history. There have been a few eras where the Browns have worn white at home, but I don't feel they've ever done it long enough to be 'known' for it like the Dolphins, Cowboys and even Redskins have at times, though maybe that's just my perception. That said, I do think the all white look is more storied than the brown over white outfit (seems most photos of the Browns have them in white for some reason), and thus, I think it was a good gesture to bring it back this past season.

I surely wouldn't mind seeing all-white every game because I think it looks incredibly clean and vibrant when paired with the orange helmet, but I also really like the brown jersey when it's paired with striped socks, and I probably wouldn't want to see it eliminated from regular use if I had a choice. But the fact of the matter is, the Browns have things that make them stand out from other teams just as the Dolphins head-to-toe white outfit does for them.

While I'm on the topic, I don't watch football games to be excited by the uniforms; rather, the uniforms either complement or detract from the experience of watching the game for me. A simple uniform doesn't 'bore' me as it does some of the others on this board for the reason that a uniform is secondary to the actual entertainment at hand, which is the game on the field. A simple uniform has the right amount of presence on the field for me and doesn't try to overpower the action of the game (like a typical Oregon uniform does).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

While I'm on the topic, I don't watch football games to be excited by the uniforms; rather, the uniforms either complement or detract from the experience of watching the game for me. A simple uniform doesn't 'bore' me as it does some of the others on this board for the reason that a uniform is secondary to the actual entertainment at hand, which is the game on the field. A simple uniform has the right amount of presence on the field for me and doesn't try to overpower the action of the game (like a typical Oregon uniform does).

I find this to be one of the most intelligent posts I've read here. Completely agree.

In my opinion, the Dolphins have one of the greatest color schemes in any sport.

dolphins.jpg

display_image.jpg?x=50426

Miami+Dolphins+v+Jacksonville+Jaguars+J-rkNBQW-mHl.jpg

All of those sets are awesome IMO. Personally, if the Orange's became the primary I wouldn't even mind. Even the all whites look good, but not at home. I can see the argument for the loss of the drop shadow, but still, they should use their unique colors more, instead of boring white/white at home every week it seems

Yes, yes, and yes. Ive always been a big fan of these jerseys, perfect color scheme.

I love the Phins colors. I guess it is because the all-white gets used almost every game that I feel they are a bit boring. But the reason they usually wear all white at home is because of the sun. Forcing the visiting team to wear a darker color is an advantage. When they play night games at home they do wear aqua or orange sometimes.

They've only done the all-aqua monochrome look once. I know a lot of people here hate that look, but I'd like to see more of it.

phinslogo-2.png

I was excited about these new jerseys... but I guess there aren't going to be ANY changes to the Dolphins set. Which is thoroughly disappointing.

How about these Dolphin uniforms as a throwback .. possible in the Aqua jerseys tho' ? Not really all that much change that an average Joe would even notice ...

Los_Angeles_Memorial_Coliseum_20070920131906_gallery_600.jpg

Los_Angeles_Memorial_Coliseum_20070920133456_gallery_600.jpg

09000d5d803c0976_gallery_600.jpg

Most fans, including me, would LOVE to go back permanently to those throwbacks. I love them!

phinslogo-2.png

So, I sent a question to the Buccaneers asking if they have any plans to change next season, and this is what they told me:

As the 2011 season has not been completed, we are still under contract with Reebok. There are no uniform changes at this time.

I get the feeling that this doesn't help at all. They might be trying to be secretive, like saying "We're still with Reebok, so we're not going to change NOW *wink wink*" But in all honesty, I don't expect any changes.

Dunno the answer to your question, but I for one think it would be a great improvement if they were to use their alternate logo as the primary on the helmet. Sure beats that silly bird they currently use... Also the 'B' looks so wrong when facing the left.

I'd like to see the shield on the helmets... either that, or just the gold "B"...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

HAVEN't YOu guYS SSEEN these are REALL, nike iz gonna ruin EVERYThing

ha he's like that censored.gifface from the Marlins thread way back when.

classicnotworthy.gif

I read CS85's post and facepalmed so hard I gave myself a concussion.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Dunno the answer to your question, but I for one think it would be a great improvement if they were to use their alternate logo as the primary on the helmet. Sure beats that silly bird they currently use... Also the 'B' looks so wrong when facing the left.

I'd like to see the shield on the helmets... either that, or just the gold "B"...

How would people react to the current logo on the right side of the helmet, where the B works, and the player's number on the left, in the same font and color scheme as the uniforms? Is that:

a - too much like the Steelers due to the logo being on one side only

b - too much like minor league / high school football

c - not a good enough reason to just blow up the logo

d - other?

It's where I sit.

How would people react to the current logo on the right side of the helmet, where the B works, and the player's number on the left, in the same font and color scheme as the uniforms? Is that:

a - too much like the Steelers due to the logo being on one side only

b - too much like minor league / high school football

c - not a good enough reason to just blow up the logo

d - other?

d - I think if you have to even have a discussion like this, then it's not a good logo. I think that compensating for poor design by putting a number on one side isn't the answer. Besides, you'd have an "old school" element like a helmet number clashing against contemporary elements like the funky striping and aggressive logo.

I also think that the alt logo would be horrible on the helmet. The bird shouldn't be facing straight out. IMO mascot logos like that should be facing forward, not backward, or like they're jumping out of the side of the helmet.

I agree that the shield is the best option for their lids, unless some new kind of B can be designed. I wouldn't mind an entire identity change based around an olde English style B.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived