NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

The old logo is dated as well.

If there was some kind of modernization or mash-up of the two, then that could maybe work...

(BTW, I think the current is better as well)

Just remembered this. Probably 3 and a half years old.

broncos.png

I'd be more than okay with this.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there was some kind of modernization or mash-up of the two, then that could maybe work...

broncos.png

I'd be more than okay with this.

Maybe with a few tweaks, that would be GREAT.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Agreed, maybe the addition of their custom number font would make the set a bit more unique, too.

Speaking of "shades" in that picture, Dallas' pants don't look very green...

They used their blue jersey pants that game. I love the old school Broncos but their current logo is far superior.

Agree on the jerseys, disagree about the logo. The old logo would certainly need a revamp, but the current one is an awful, dated and typical snarling animal logo that is just as '90s as Compuserve.

with all do respect, thats a bunch of mularky

No, it's not. It's a valid opinion on that logo. Disagree if you want, but you can't deny that it has a lot of "90s" design qualities. It's very much s product of the era in which it was designed.

Good or bad? In the eye of the beholder. It still is what it is though.

Agreed, maybe the addition of their custom number font would make the set a bit more unique, too.

They used their blue jersey pants that game. I love the old school Broncos but their current logo is far superior.

Agree on the jerseys, disagree about the logo. The old logo would certainly need a revamp, but the current one is an awful, dated and typical snarling animal logo that is just as '90s as Compuserve.

No, it's not. It's a valid opinion on that logo. Disagree if you want, but you can't deny that it has a lot of "90s" design qualities. It's very much s product of the era in which it was designed.

But isn't a Bronco wild and snarling? To me it's one of the best logos created in the past 20 years.

But isn't a Bronco wild and snarling? To me it's one of the best logos created in the past 20 years.

Somebody get Lights Out in here to approve this appraisal. :P

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

like what, bold line work? even as an "angry mascot" its a timeless logo. it works in 1 color. it works in reversed direction. there's no executional flaws. its simple, visible is application, distinctive, great color (and if you wanted to change it to royal blue it still works) works with a key stroke on multiple background colors or with negative space on blue as on the helmet. a great depiction of the "wild spirit of the west"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

dp

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I like the Broncos' logo, but my one quibble is that I don't think it works particularly well anywhere but the helmet. It is so horizontal that it looks awkward, to my eye, on a coach's shirt (my biggest problem with Flying Elvis, even if the Bronco isn't quite as bad).

Excellent helmet logo, but makes me wish again that more football teams used different logos for different applications.

Yep, that one's the absolute worst.

I'll give the Broncos this - at least they position their logo correctly on the helmet. The aspect ratio is so out of whack on Elvis, and they position him so far back, that he's virtually absent on the front of the helmet. A non-entity.

73061073_display_image.jpgtom-brady-NFL-miami-dolphins-vs-new-england-patriots.jpg

All that wasted real estate on the front part of the helmet, perhaps the most important view, and yet the two logos almost touch on the back of the helmet.

Denver doesn't have this problem, in part because of the helmet stripe and in part because they allow the logo to wrap more around the front of the helmet, allowing all the elements to come together in a visually striking point, focusing all attention right at the player's eyes.

peytonmanning4-500x322.jpgafter-being-pushed-out-the-playoff-picture-for-years-quarterback-tim-tebow-has-put-the-denver-broncos-into-contention-photo-courtesy-of-google-images.jpg

20090821__Bmarshall082109~p1.jpg

That, I think, is the real genius of the Broncos' helmet design. There's no angle from which you only see a blank helmet; no matter which way you're viewing it the team's design elements are always present and always drawing your eye with purpose. That's how it's done.

I like the Broncos' logo, but my one quibble is that I don't think it works particularly well anywhere but the helmet. It is so horizontal that it looks awkward, to my eye, on a coach's shirt (my biggest problem with Flying Elvis, even if the Bronco isn't quite as bad).

Excellent helmet logo, but makes me wish again that more football teams used different logos for different applications.

The Eagles and Vikings both have helmet designs that are unworkable in any non-helmet context. That's why their non-helmet logos are actually their primaries. Good solution.

The Chargers are the worst example. Every time I see the helmet bolt on a hat or coaches shirt I can't believe how stupid it looks. The Chargers are in desperate need of a non-helmet primary. (And the Browns, obviously) (The Bengals, ironically, are in need of LESS non-helmet logos vying for primary. Tiger head, full tiger, striped B... pick one)

Somebody get Lights Out in here to approve this appraisal. :P

Actually, I'm not a huge fan of the Broncos' logo. I greatly prefer Andrew's updated D-horse concept. Put that on a royal blue helmet with an orange facemask, wear it with the '94 throwback look, and that would be an untouchable look for the Donks.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

broncos.png

Not really a fan of how the Bronco would be forced to face the wrong way on the left side of the helmet.

I feel what the Broncos currently use is absolutely perfect. A modern classic.

6uXNWAo.png

Theoretically they could just flip the bronco, leave the D as is, and it would still be readable.

They could. But then you'd have one side that would look totally forced and awkward, ala the Baltimore Ravens.

/CLEVEJACKED!

6uXNWAo.png

Not really a fan of how the Bronco would be forced to face the wrong way on the left side of the helmet.

I feel what the Broncos currently use is absolutely perfect. A modern classic.

Exactly. The current Broncos Logo is among the best in sports. I think it will stand the test of time. I don't know how anyone can say that this

5y0vjvdu1bxh0dh52nr1tefrq.gif

Is Better than this

9ebzja2zfeigaziee8y605aqp.gif

I'll give the Broncos this - at least they position their logo correctly on the helmet. The aspect ratio is so out of whack on Elvis, and they position him so far back, that he's virtually absent on the front of the helmet. A non-entity.

All that wasted real estate on the front part of the helmet, perhaps the most important view, and yet the two logos almost touch on the back of the helmet.

They have to position him like that because the logo is so bad. It's so front heavy that they have to put him further back so the focal point of the helmet from the side view is on the head and not in the middle of the hat stripes. There's really no way you can make it look good on a helmet.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They have to position him like that because the logo is so bad. It's so front heavy that they have to put him further back so the focal point of the helmet from the side view is on the head and not in the middle of the hat stripes. There's really no way you can make it look good on a helmet.

Which is precisely why I've long said that it's a terribly lousy logo.

like what, bold line work? even as an "angry mascot" its a timeless logo. it works in 1 color. it works in reversed direction. there's no executional flaws. its simple, visible is application, distinctive, great color (and if you wanted to change it to royal blue it still works) works with a key stroke on multiple background colors or with negative space on blue as on the helmet. a great depiction of the "wild spirit of the west"

I think we're talking about two different things. I'm simply saying that the Broncos logo is a product if its time. I'm not saying it's bad or ineffectual. You can have a logo that's clearly a product of the 90s but still good. Just like you can have a logo that's clearly the product of the 60s and still good.

If someone just doesn't care for the 90s "look" (in so much that you can assign a single "look" to an entire decade of design) then that's their right and the argument that they don't like it because they don't like the dated elements of the design is valid.

Archived