NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't follow this thread very much, but is it likely the Bucs are wearing their throwbacks tomorrow? My local grocer, who is the "official supermarket" of them, used Bruce in their ad this week.

It is 99.99% likely. The only way they're not doing that is if the uniforms catch fire or something. The whole stadium will be dressed up for tomorrow's throwback game.

I don't follow this thread very much, but is it likely the Bucs are wearing their throwbacks tomorrow? My local grocer, who is the "official supermarket" of them, used Bruce in their ad this week.

It is 99.99% likely. The only way they're not doing that is if the uniforms catch fire or something. The whole stadium will be dressed up for tomorrow's throwback game.

They are practicing in the helmets, today is Lee Roy Selmon day, the reporters are wearing Bruce, their Twitter page changed the logo to Bruce, and the look will be ruined by the pink.

As far as the pink, what the NFL should do (since they've made the committment for a 1/4 of their season, is to use the NFL shield with the pink ribbon on the back of the helmet and as a patch on the jersey. They could use the patch also on the back of the gloves and shoes. They could still auction them off and it would be less intrusive on the uniform as a whole. The pink socks, sleeves, gloves, shoes, etc. is overkill and ruins every teams look.

KISSwall09.jpg

No, it's not. It's a valid opinion on that logo. Disagree if you want, but you can't deny that it has a lot of "90s" design qualities. It's very much s product of the era in which it was designed.

Good or bad? In the eye of the beholder. It still is what it is though.

like what, bold line work? even as an "angry mascot" its a timeless logo. it works in 1 color. it works in reversed direction. there's no executional flaws. its simple, visible is application, distinctive, great color (and if you wanted to change it to royal blue it still works) works with a key stroke on multiple background colors or with negative space on blue as on the helmet. a great depiction of the "wild spirit of the west"

The mane is pretty clumsy looking. I think the whole thing is a bit too robotic, to tell you the truth. That's just a stylistic thing, but that may be what dates it to a certain degree. I'd prefer a few more organic touches if they have to go with this style of logo. I think you're using the term 'works' too loosely here. It looks pretty terrible on any color that requires the use of that dark keyline. There's also too much white, proportionally. It makes it look very flat. More white/blue balance is needed.

I also like to affectionately call this logo 'Woltz's Special' due to the fact that it resembles a decapitated stud.

ive really got no problem with any of that. more of what i like about it actually, LOL

I'm really nitpicking, to tell you the truth. Of all the things that were born in the 90s, the Broncos logo is certainly one of the best. It really does look better on the helmet than it does in other applications, which is fine if you have another logo to use for other applications, but the Broncos do not. It's a fine logo, but it could be better in my eyes is all.

I don't like it on the Bears, either.

If your logo can't be seen from the front, you should add a stripe or something.

I think that's a miss. I mean, a football player is a moving, animated creature, and to judge the aesthetics of a football uniform to the point that you would want to seriously change the entire dynamic of the uniform (adding a stripe the the Bears' helmet!?) based on what it looks like from a single freeze-frame angle seems like making a mountain out of a molehill.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On my TV, the Buccaneers throwbacks appear to be more accurately tangerine today and less "orange glaze." Can anyone with physical access to both confirm or deny that the Nike versions are a slightly different orange from the Reeboks?

On my TV, the Buccaneers throwbacks appear to be more accurately tangerine today and less "orange glaze." Can anyone with physical access to both confirm or deny that the Nike versions are a slightly different orange from the Reeboks?

They're the same as previous years, down to the old-school construction with the mesh shoulders and screen-printed numbers.

How is Reggie Wayne allowed to wear orange gloves? I have noticed it last week and this week and think I even saw some other Colts players wearing orange.

20121007_lbm_ss1_064.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Orange is the color for Leukemia, which coach Chuck Pagano has been diagnosed with.

They are practicing in the helmets, today is Lee Roy Selmon day, the reporters are wearing Bruce, their Twitter page changed the logo to Bruce, and the look will be ruined by the pink.

Bucs announced earlier this week they were not wearing pink this week due to the throwback game.

The Patriots are wearing their throwback alternate uniforms today, and it got me to thinking: I don't think I'd have any problem at all if the Patriots were to switch their home uniform to the exact same striping pattern, logos, etc as the throwbacks, but switch all the red on the uniforms to navy and all the royal blue on the uniforms to red. I'd love to see someone do a quick and dirty Photoshop mockup of this if there's anyone interested/bored enough.

The Patriots are wearing their throwback alternate uniforms today, and it got me to thinking: I don't think I'd have any problem at all if the Patriots were to switch their home uniform to the exact same striping pattern, logos, etc as the throwbacks, but switch all the red on the uniforms to navy and all the royal blue on the uniforms to red. I'd love to see someone do a quick and dirty Photoshop mockup of this if there's anyone interested/bored enough.

Or better yet, keep royal blue as their shade and swap the blue and red on that uniform.

FAU came pretty close to what you are suggesting, although they kept the striping r-w-b-w-r instead of reversing it.

78623500_display_image_display_image.jpg?1304385231

OldRomanSig2.jpg

78623500_display_image_display_image.jpg?1304385231

Man I miss this uniform. One of the very few I thought was truly flawless. Reminds me why I hate their cheap new unis this year. Such a downgrade.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

How is Reggie Wayne allowed to wear orange gloves? I have noticed it last week and this week and think I even saw some other Colts players wearing orange.

20121007_lbm_ss1_064.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Orange is the color for Leukemia, which coach Chuck Pagano has been diagnosed with.

CHUCKSTRONG!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived