NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the Panthers look today but...

This cannot be the full time look (ala Rams monochromes)

They cannot wear black socks when they have a better option (ahem...Texans)

They can't use it with the blue jersey (it would look like a mess like the Titans White/Columbia/Navy)

I think the silver helmet, large blue stripes on the jersey and pants, and the blue socks broke up the "monochrome" enough for a treat.

On a side note, I think Bill "the hoodie" Belicheck is wearing RBK gear. He has his normal thrift store cut off sleeve gray hoodie on, but it has the NFL Equipment patch on the side and a big black line under the team name (like where Reebok might have stiched their name) I could be wrong, but I thought the NFL Equipment was done, but it's also on my white 3930 New Era cap so I guess it isn't.

On yet another side note, I like how the NFL did the vets day celebration. The endzones have salute service, the goal posts have the camo pads, and the C patches are in camo. This is what should be done for breast cancer pink. I'm glad they didn't go camo or red/white/blue the whole month.

Back to Nike unis...

KISSwall09.jpg

A7boxgTCMAAUdUX.jpg

I wonder what the guys of the Logocast will have to say about those! Shameless plug.

If they wear these with the light blue socks, it'll be a nice look. If they wear it with black socks they will look like complete and utter crap.

Look nice?

20121111__von-miller-superman-broncos-111112%7Ep1.jpg

You know, when I made that comment, I assumed the Panthers were wearing white jerseys... which would've looked nice IMO. This black on black stuff would pretty much never be my choice... however, I still prefer a contrasting sock in every situation. This look is just a little dopey/mis-matched. The full on yoga pants look (ala Saints, Jags, Ravens) is overused, ugly, and downright unamerican.

I liked the Panthers look today but...

This cannot be the full time look (ala Rams monochromes)

They cannot wear black socks when they have a better option (ahem...Texans)

They can't use it with the blue jersey (it would look like a mess like the Titans White/Columbia/Navy)

I think the silver helmet, large blue stripes on the jersey and pants, and the blue socks broke up the "monochrome" enough for a treat.

On a side note, I think Bill "the hoodie" Belicheck is wearing RBK gear. He has his normal thrift store cut off sleeve gray hoodie on, but it has the NFL Equipment patch on the side and a big black line under the team name (like where Reebok might have stiched their name) I could be wrong, but I thought the NFL Equipment was done, but it's also on my white 3930 New Era cap so I guess it isn't.

On yet another side note, I like how the NFL did the vets day celebration. The endzones have salute service, the goal posts have the camo pads, and the C patches are in camo. This is what should be done for breast cancer pink. I'm glad they didn't go camo or red/white/blue the whole month.

Back to Nike unis...

It was a Nike hoodie. Had Nike's font on the front, and the swoosh on the left sleeve, just above where he cuts it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

i liked the black pants. i haven't heard if it's their 'monochrome' (only few games a year type deal), but it looked sharp. second half of season we wear the dark jerseys at home. blues are done for this season. only other time we had a non-standard uni combo was coach Siefert's Capers' last game in Indy (blk jersey/white pants?) EDIT: white jersey/silver pants 12-27-98.

lg_broughton_ap_01.jpg

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

NFL Week 10 featured three Black/Black vs. White/White matchups. (Jags/Colts, Panthers/Broncos, Saints/Falcons).

I mean, whatever. I think that the Panthers just don't look like their uniforms were intended for it. If you're going to wear all black, it should be intended from the start. That means figuring out the socks, helmet, numbers, stripes, and all of that to work and compliment the predominance of black.

The Jaguars don't have this because of their black socks, and numbers being the main source of white, but the piping does work well IMO.

The Saints don't have this because of the socks, but the helmet/numbers work well together.

The Panthers don't have this because of the helmet, solid blue socks (needs some silver somewhere because of the stripes), but the striping breaks up the abyss well.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

The Panthers should switch to black helmets and get rid of the white and silver pants. That's one of the rare blackout uniforms that looks really good and makes sense.

I must admit I'm very torn over this one. I've always loved the Panthers look since their birth in the NFL, but I love the black panther concept becuase that's what almost everyone thinks of when we think of a panther. Too bad the NFL doesn't allow an alternate helmet and the Panthers can have a full all-black look and still keep their originals.

They are doing the soldier-boy drag show all month. They started last weekend.

I hardly ever see (or, obviously pay attention to) the Bengals, but how long have they had the pointy curve-to-the-front Broncos-style pants stripe?

11-11-dalton-3_4_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

Oops...never mind.

carson_palmer-808.jpg

In fairness, it does seem to look different on the Nike uni.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The Bengals need new uniforms. Like, now.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm pretty sure Nike used the same pants cut for the Bengals and Broncos while under Reebok they both had their own.

YES

They needed new uniforms the day they held the unveiling.

RE: Panthers' black pants. I surprised myself with how much I like them. They just make sense. They matched the stripes to the shoulders, they wore the right socks. I don't want the black pants to take over full-time because they black jersey over silver pants is a top ten look, but hte black pants are a really nice look.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm pretty sure Nike used the same pants cut for the Bengals and Broncos while under Reebok they both had their own.

YES

They needed new uniforms the day they held the unveiling.

RE: Panthers' black pants. I surprised myself with how much I like them. They just make sense. They matched the stripes to the shoulders, they wore the right socks. I don't want the black pants to take over full-time because they black jersey over silver pants is a top ten look, but hte black pants are a really nice look.

So do you think the black pants take over full time?

NO.

Not as long as Jerry Richardson still breathes air, anyway.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's funny. When I played youth football there was a team in our league that pretty much copied the Panthers identity (using powder blue in place of electric blue). They used the Colts template, but had the colors place the exact same way (silver-blue-silver stripes on black unis). I always thought it would look cool if Carolina pulled off that combo. I was right. That's a nice change up for Carolina, & IMO the black pants look a million times better with the black jerseys than they ever would with the blue jerseys.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived