• Created
  • Last Reply

613x459.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Normally I'm a fan of color on color, but these games look like a rec league. "Go to Walmart and get a <color> tank top and <color> shorts because we're the <color> team." They're illegible even on the close-ups of the players, the Bulls need to trash the big basketball and the four small bulls on the court, and James Harden would benefit from going into one of those mobile grooming trucks.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

People who love the Big Basketball do because it was there when Jordan was and thus lends more continuity to the organization. I think it's corny as all git-out. Lose the small bull heads, the basketball, and use the primary's script on the baselines. Perfection!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Someone earlier tweeted Tecmo NBA basketball, but I got a real Double Dribble feel. Weren't there just red, green, blue and white teams to pick from? And the graphics were just a paint tool away from changing, even on the close-up dunks.

Also, J.A. Adande just tweeted that the teams are "required" to send these jerseys back to the NBA so they won't be used again. First i'd heard of anything of that nature.

Nuggets and Heat were legible... the rest, not so much, although I never tuned in to Celtics-Nets.

While I was watching Heat/Thunder, my sister said the jerseys looked like they were turned inside out.

I also can't stand when the words on the baseline are covered up by people sitting along the baseline (press, etc.) because the words are too big. The Lakers baseline looked like iakers.

Finally, at least NBA Jam had flaming basketballs.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Tuned into all but Rockets-Bulls...in any event, if the Knicks uni had white lettering instead of orange, it would've been damn nice. As it was though, it was largely illegible crap. The Lakers were okay, just not them, really. Nuggets and Celtics were decent, and I figure the Nets could've pulled it off...if they were the Spurs, that is. The Thunder and Clippers...basically, the color usage on those two should have been rethought, and I'll leave it at that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The idea behind this atrocious idea, to me, honestly, seems almost surreptitious. We have already seen everything besides the in-game designs become homogeneous for each team, such as the shooting shirts and warm-ups. (These were always original designs per team before adidas bought exclusive rights.) Now I fear we may getting a trial run of a less identity driven future, where the NBA as a figurehead is more important than the teams itself. Notice how the identity's and team names are unrecognizable, and the only thing you're fed is color vs. color. If Stern wasn't such a creepy control freak, i'd immediately disregard this thought as paranoid nonsense, but as an avid NBA fan for the past 20 years, i've become very suspicious of his grand scheme as he has an exit strategy.

I just find it very curious as to why you'd want your most recognizable teams playing on your center-stage nearly unrecognizable, Instead of playing in their universally recognizable unis, they are all playing in unrecognizable 'pinnys' that minimalize any sort of individuality. Seems very fishy.

..in any event, if the Knicks uni had white lettering instead of orange, it would've been damn nice.

613x459.jpg?fit=scale&background=00000010136456-large.jpg

Reason Melo almost looked good in them.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Notice how the identity's are unrecognizable

Since the NBA is only 5 on 5 and the players are not hidden underneath helmets or other sports equipment, each player is easily recognizable on his own and I honestly question the need for numbers and NOB's in the NBA at all.

Notice how the identity's are unrecognizable

Since the NBA is only 5 on 5 and the players are not hidden underneath helmets of other sports equipment, each player is easily recognizable on his own and I honestly question the need for numbers and NOB's in the NBA at all.

That would never happen though, and we all know why.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived