New Orleans Hornets Will Rebrand as Pelicans in Time for 2013-2014 NBA Season

Island_Style

What would the present NO Hornets rebrand to, then? Maybe they can do a swap with Utah and get the Jazz name back, then Utah could swap with Memphis and become the Grizzlies, they could swap with Minnesota to get the Wolves name, and then Minnesota and L.A. could finally swap between Lakers and Wolves.

New Orleans Jazz

Utah Lakers

Los Angels Bobcats

Charlotte Hornets

Simpler, and Los Angeles doesn't have much of a wolf population.

Though I agree that this is incredibly unlikely.

That's one word for it.

I would be a little surprised if the 16 time world champion LA Lakers (11 in LA) change their name to the 16-regular-season-wins-in-team-history Bobcats anytime within the next 10,000 years, But look out 12013-14 NBA Champion Los Angeles Bobcats!

Thank goodness the Sonics name stayed in Seattle. Looking at the list just shows how ridiculous it is when a team moves and takes the name to a place where it just doesn't fit.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would the present NO Hornets rebrand to, then? Maybe they can do a swap with Utah and get the Jazz name back, then Utah could swap with Memphis and become the Grizzlies, they could swap with Minnesota to get the Wolves name, and then Minnesota and L.A. could finally swap between Lakers and Wolves.

New Orleans Jazz

Utah Lakers

Los Angels Bobcats

Charlotte Hornets

ugh

qgZtd.gif

New Orleans Jazz

Utah Lakers

Los Angels Bobcats

Charlotte Hornets

Someone grab the neutering kit.

New Orleans Jazz

Utah Lakers

Los Angels Bobcats

Charlotte Hornets

ugh

qgZtd.gif

tumblr_lt7w5nqYRt1r4okpoo1_250_zpsb0f47d29.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Pelicans chose a winner for their contest. winning design done by Tin Bacic, one of my favorite designers and a huge influence. just a shame he uses these contest sites so much: http://99designs.com/designer-blog/2013/01/03/pelicans-logo-contest-winner-and-top-designs/

TinBacicDesign.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It would be best to leave the team history and names alone.. no need to muck up everything.. I am really dead set against Charlotte dropping the Bobcats name just to swipe back the Hornets name.. and as for Minnesota and LA, no need to switch names.. the LA Lakers been a familiar name for a long long time and it is rich in history.. the Timberwolves in Minnesota is a good name to use so I am fine with it.. Utah Jazz also needs to be left alone with the name there too.. just my honest opinion on this..

And BTW that Pelicans name for New Orleans.. I think it is a good one now since I have to get used to the idea of New Orleans Pelicans.. and that logo above?? ohh beauttiful one.. I did see several other logos in that other link.. one logo had a subtle hint to the Jazz logo in shape for the pelican and I liked that.. very cool logos in that contest for sure..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Pelicans chose a winner for their contest. winning design done by Tin Bacic, one of my favorite designers and a huge influence. just a shame he uses these contest sites so much: http://99designs.com/designer-blog/2013/01/03/pelicans-logo-contest-winner-and-top-designs/

TinBacicDesign.jpg

I really like it, but is it just me, or would this work much better if New Orleans was getting a hockey team?

70389454.png

New Orleans Jazz

Utah Lakers

Los Angels Bobcats

Charlotte Hornets

tysonreaction.gif

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

New Orleans Jazz

Utah Lakers

Los Angels Bobcats

Charlotte Hornets

Certainly got the name right hellsword....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

TinBacicDesign.jpg

I really like it, but is it just me, or would this work much better if New Orleans was getting a hockey team?

Thought the same thing. Has a penguins vibe to it. I think because of the triangle.

TinBacicDesign.jpg

Thought the same thing. Has a penguins vibe to it. I think because of the triangle.

Turn that pelican into a duck, add some green and eggplant and I think you have a winning Anaheim Ducks concept as well.

70389454.png

New Orleans Jazz

Utah Lakers

Los Angels Bobcats

Charlotte Hornets

facepalm-Homer-Simpson.jpg

Can the above quote qualify as "worst post of the day?"

There are a lot of runner ups that are better than the winning entry. Notably, this one...

dinoDesigns.jpg

I really liked that one, but I would like to see a version where the bill breaks the basketball shape. Constraining the bill in there really hurts the design of it (the bill is what makes a pelican noticeably a pelican IMO), and the basketball shape is well established enough in the rest of the design that you really don't need to fit the bill in there for people to "get it".

New Orleans Jazz

Utah Lakers

Los Angels Bobcats

Charlotte Hornets

facepalm-Homer-Simpson.jpg%20

Can the above quote qualify as "worst post of the day?"

+1

If this get enough nominations, this is the trophy he'll get...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/90462-happy-holidays-from-monica-bisordi/page__st__20#entry1929091

Archived