College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UCF needs to stop wearing a gold jersey against white jerseys. That they wear a stupid color jersey isn't an indictment of the entire system.

Follow up question: why does everyone have such a boner for color vs color matchups?

Because a lot of them look really good.

That's where I disagree. Contrast of the white vs a color jersey looks so much better than the less contrasting color v. color.

Plus the "Pop Warner" look is un-befitting of major college football and the NFL.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Was this ever posted

2014-Hurricanes-Jersey-TBD-300x224.jpg

As you can clearly see in picture taken from the 2014 Nike catalog that is made for retailers to order inventory for next football season, there is no picture of a Miami Orange Jersey. We can also confirm there is no picture where Miamis white jersey is listed as well. According to several people with knowledge of Nikes catalogs, a TBD typically means that a new jersey design is on the way.

CANEINSIDER can also confirm that other schools, such as Arkansas, Florida State, Illinois, and Syracuse are expected to have new jerseys as well.

CANEINSIDER reached out to both Nike and The University of Miami for comment on this story. We received no response from at least two University of Miami athletic department officials, but we believe if our story was off base the university would have expressed that.

We also reached out to Nike, where Nike spokesman Brian Strong said, We dont comment on speculation around future plans with our partner schools.

If The U were indeed getting new uniforms for 2014, they would most likely not hit the shelves in stores till July 2014.

CANEINSIDER Publisher Brandon Odoi contributed to this story

Was this ever posted

2014-Hurricanes-Jersey-TBD-300x224.jpg

As you can clearly see in picture taken from the 2014 Nike catalog that is made for retailers to order inventory for next football season, there is no picture of a Miami Orange Jersey. We can also confirm there is no picture where Miamis white jersey is listed as well. According to several people with knowledge of Nikes catalogs, a TBD typically means that a new jersey design is on the way.

CANEINSIDER can also confirm that other schools, such as Arkansas, Florida State, Illinois, and Syracuse are expected to have new jerseys as well.

CANEINSIDER reached out to both Nike and The University of Miami for comment on this story. We received no response from at least two University of Miami athletic department officials, but we believe if our story was off base the university would have expressed that.

We also reached out to Nike, where Nike spokesman Brian Strong said, We dont comment on speculation around future plans with our partner schools.

If The U were indeed getting new uniforms for 2014, they would most likely not hit the shelves in stores till July 2014.

CANEINSIDER Publisher Brandon Odoi contributed to this story

I'm so freaking happy that Miami is getting rid of the current uniforms. They're too washed out, and boring. Knowing Golden is a traditional coach, I think we might see the sleeve stripes of the glory days come back. I'd love for the current number font to stay though. If I'm right about the change, then Miami should never change its look again. The Canes had a tradition winning 4 titles in those uniforms, and they should've stayed forever. I mean c'mon, what's not to love about these beauties?

vinny_testaverde.jpg1986-vinny-testaverde.jpg

If they were to go back to this look, then it'd be nice to have the stripes on the white jerseys and pants match the helmet stripe.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The 80s uniforms with the current numbers could stand as Miami's look for the next 50 years... maybe even more.

I tend to agree. What I do like about the current set is that the orange at least seems to be brighter and really contrasts nicely against white. I also happen to think that white jersey/orange pants has by far been their best combination going back to the 80's which they should adopt as a home primary and use color jerseys sparingly as an alt look.

Here's another picture, slightly brighter. I can see the brick pattern (they use it on other elements of their uniforms as well, right?)

BbAr6uYCUAEpI8f.jpg

(Larger)

still having problems seeing it, i have to strain to see it. it needs to be either more visible or completely taken out

I would like it bettwe with gold outlines and Logos on both sides. I always wondered why they haven't added a gold helmet with a maroon stripe and logo. I mean they are the GOLDEN Gophers. It would look better than white and gold/maroon/gold would look great

That double outline kills the logo every time. It's the old, "our logo doesn't look cool enough so let's add another outline and it will really POP" failing.

Here's another picture, slightly brighter. I can see the brick pattern (they use it on other elements of their uniforms as well, right?)

BbAr6uYCUAEpI8f.jpg

(Larger)

still having problems seeing it, i have to strain to see it. it needs to be either more visible or completely taken out

I would like it bettwe with gold outlines and Logos on both sides. I always wondered why they haven't added a gold helmet with a maroon stripe and logo. I mean they are the GOLDEN Gophers. It would look better than white and gold/maroon/gold would look great

That double outline kills the logo every time. It's the old, "our logo doesn't look cool enough so let's add another outline and it will really POP" failing.

That's always been the Minnesota look though. I think it looks fine. It's better when it's one color on another color shell.

Well, to be fair, Minnesota didn't start using the double outline on their helmets until 1992 and there was a period from the late 90s to the mid-2000s where they didn't use it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't think it's a matter of wanting to look "cool" so much as it's a matter of not letting gold touch white. It rarely ever works, and is a design principle that goes all the way back to the days of heraldry.

The 80s uniforms with the current numbers could stand as Miami's look for the next 50 years... maybe even more.

Couldn't agree more. When you build a dynasty in a certain uniform, you should keep that forever. Just look at Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Regarding color vs color games, a lot of them DO look good. In the FSU-Auburn example both the navy and garnet colors are too similarly dark.

But, take that same dark navy (see: Michigan) and pair it against a BRIGHT red (see: Ohio State, Wisc, Nebr.) and it looks fantastic. Navy & Maize vs Scarlet & Gray/Cream.

Other color vs color games that (would/could) look slick? Iowa-Iowa State, Florida-Georgia, N.Carolina-S.Carolina, among many others.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Regarding color vs color games, a lot of them DO look good. In the FSU-Auburn example both the navy and garnet colors are too similarly dark.

But, take that same dark navy (see: Michigan) and pair it against a BRIGHT red (see: Ohio State, Wisc, Nebr.) and it looks fantastic. Navy & Maize vs Scarlet & Gray/Cream.

Other color vs color games that (would/could) look slick? Iowa-Iowa State, Florida-Georgia, N.Carolina-S.Carolina, among many others.

i think we've all been saying the same thing, even bright color match ups like duke and NC State would look really good, just dark color match ups don't, and match ups that are orange vs yellow/red don't look good either

I don't think it's a matter of wanting to look "cool" so much as it's a matter of not letting gold touch white. It rarely ever works, and is a design principle that goes all the way back to the days of heraldry.

Then why not just make the M gold and outline it in burgundy? Your point is a good one. White on gold is hard to read at any distance.

Couldn't agree more. When you build a dynasty in a certain uniform, you should keep that forever. Just look at Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.

The only thing about that is that I know the younger generation, myself and a lot of my friends and family included, grew up with the newer generation of dominance in the early 2000s with all those future nfl superstars and so those piping across the chest uniforms are really iconic as well.

That being said, these are the most boring uniforms they've had since becoming a big Nike school and a slight modernization of those 80s uniforms would be perfect. With alt green jersey and pants available it would be awesome. They already have a unique color scheme and they're becoming relevant again.

The only thing about that is that I know the younger generation, myself and a lot of my friends and family included, grew up with the newer generation of dominance in the early 2000s with all those future nfl superstars and so those piping across the chest uniforms are really iconic as well.

That being said, these are the most boring uniforms they've had since becoming a big Nike school and a slight modernization of those 80s uniforms would be perfect. With alt green jersey and pants available it would be awesome. They already have a unique color scheme and they're becoming relevant again.

He's right. When I think Miami, I don't think classic uniform, I think new designs and what not. Everyone probably 25 and under thinks of this when they hear Miami

wm6bo1.jpg

Archived