College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

You're not lying about cramming it in there. Where in the world are people going to park or tailgate?

Eh, they'll figure it out. Remember that Tulane used to have a MUCH larger on-campus stadium back in the day:

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

That's incredible. I had no idea Tulane football was that big once upon a time. If I didn't know any better, I would think I was looking at The Rose Bowl or Notre Dame Stadium.

That was back when Tulane was a SEC school. They must have to kick themselves every day for leaving.

Tulane Stadium also hosed the Sugar Bowl and the was the Saints home stadium. Before the NFL came to the south, the southern cities supported the local college football teams a lot more than what you see now. Schools like Tulane, Rice, and Georgia Tech were the biggest football teams in town. Now there are many other options for local sports fan to turn their attention and money to.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are rumors going around that Illinois is going to announce a silver or grey helmet, jersey and pants. It wouldn't surprise me since the basketball teams has a silver/grey uniform.

I hope not as their new uniform set is next to perfect right now.

spacer.png

BrfOov3CQAAgWZT.jpgBrfTwCBCUAEfMJi.jpg

The white helmet looks too much like Nebraska, but perhaps that is not relevant to Sooner fans anymore.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

The white helmet looks too much like Nebraska, but perhaps that is not relevant to Sooner fans anymore.

They're non-conference rivals. I would put them out of sight and mind.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

There are rumors going around that Illinois is going to announce a silver or grey helmet, jersey and pants. It wouldn't surprise me since the basketball teams has a silver/grey uniform.

Next thing you know, schools are going to start adding gray football unis because they have gray baseball unis.

Next thing you know, schools are going to start adding gray football unis because they have gray baseball unis for no reason.

Fixed it.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Next thing you know, schools are going to start adding gray football unis because they have gray baseball unis for no reason.

Fixed it.

That was sorta the point.

You're not lying about cramming it in there. Where in the world are people going to park or tailgate?

Eh, they'll figure it out. Remember that Tulane used to have a MUCH larger on-campus stadium back in the day:

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

It's a shame this isn't what they are building back.

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

Considering that it's Tulane, this would be waaaaay too big.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

It's a shame Tulane isn't good like they were 50 years ago.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

The funny part is that Tulane still has more SEC championships than Kentucky has (3 to 2). :lol:

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

The sad thing is that Tulane still has more SEC championships than Kentucky has (3 to 2). :lol:
I doubt they care with having 8 NCAA basketball national championships

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

The funny part is that Tulane still has more SEC championships than Kentucky has (3 to 2). :lol:
Yet, Kentucky has 1 national title in football (1950) to Tulane's none.

spacer.png

I'm really happy they got the overhang design element from Washington's stadium on the white jerseys in case they play a road game there. Very forward thinking.

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

It was claimed though. :P

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

History seems to disagree with this. Kentucky beat Oklahoma, but it didn't make them national champions. Kentucky itself doesn't recognize a 1950 championship in football.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived