College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Tulane's new stadium

IMG_0069_zps22072002.jpg

What does this seat, like 3,000? Looks very FCS or Div II from this angle.

It's about 30,000. They are squeezing this stadium into a residential neighborhood next to campus. Needless to say, a lot of the residents living next to it are not happy.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With theses OU uni's coming out gets me a little scared that if OU isn't exempt from these changes maybe Bama isnt either.

Alabama has worn houndstooth trimmed jerseys in the past.

It was so subtle you could barely tell. Shouldn't even count.

That is what I was about to say. Bama could wear those alternates all that time and no one would even care cause they were so subtle, but that is a serious change for OU. I didnt say I didnt like the OU uni's but nor for OU. They would be great for Tulsa, or Oregon, but not Oklahoma

With theses OU uni's coming out gets me a little scared that if OU isn't exempt from these changes maybe Bama isnt either.

Alabama has worn houndstooth trimmed jerseys in the past.

It was so subtle you could barely tell. Shouldn't even count.

That is what I was about to say. Bama could wear those alternates all that time and no one would even care cause they were so subtle, but that is a serious change for OU. I didnt say I didnt like the OU uni's but nor for OU. They would be great for Tulsa, or Oregon, but not Oklahoma

Honestly I am a bit worried for Alabama as well. And depending on what UnderArmour rolls out for Notre Dame, I may be worried for Auburn. Just wish UA would get a normal cut so everything looks right. This current uniform cut is awful.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I am not a fan of the new alternate Sooner uniform and I am thankful it is not their full-time set. What I like and dislike about it:

What I Like:

• White helmet
  • Red & White Pants with stripes
  • Shoulders

What I Dislike:

• Black facemask on the white helmet (should have been red)
  • The "points" on the chest that looks like Arkansas.
  • The black gloves, socks, and shoes.

Overall, I gave this look a 6.08 out of 10.

spacer.png

Tulane's new stadium

IMG_0069_zps22072002.jpg

What does this seat, like 3,000? Looks very FCS or Div II from this angle.

It's about 30,000. They are squeezing this stadium into a residential neighborhood next to campus. Needless to say, a lot of the residents living next to it are not happy.

tulanenewstadium_zps6dd112bb.jpg

10347246_536498023128948_728168974849148

Houston's new stadium

628x471.jpg

Tulane's new stadium

houston and tulane are going to have some brand spanking new white elephants on their hands if the power conferences follow through on their player compensation plans.

At least it's going to be a really nice white elephant. B)

houstonnewstadium_zps12195b04.png

3D model of our new digs can be found here:

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_14043974312506&key=1686da1044273e8a4540f89500b72810&libId=98ab4a14-2fcb-4b87-8870-603f7026b999&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcsnbbs.com%2Fthread-693750.html&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seats3d.com%2Fncaa%2Funiversity_houston%2Ffootball%2F%23%2Flevel_1%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fcsnbbs.com%2Fforum-409.html&title=Houston%20Stadium%203D%20View&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seats3d.com%2Fncaa%2Funiversity_h...%23%2Flevel_1%2F

You're not lying about cramming it in there. Where in the world are people going to park or tailgate?

To The Tulane Community:

Excitement is building as we approach Sept. 6 and the historic first home game at Yulman Stadium. Demand for tickets has been great and is increasing daily. In order to minimize the impact of game day operations on the surrounding neighborhood, Tulane will restrict on-campus parking for the Sept. 6 opening game and all subsequent home games at Yulman Stadium to fans who have purchased game day parking passes. All parking spaces, including those normally reserved “all hours” for parking permit holders and those in the Diboll Parking Garage, will be used for fan parking on game days. If you need to come to campus for study, research or any other purpose on a home game day you will only be allowed to enter campus on foot or bicycle. No one, not even faculty, staff or top administrators with reserved parking spots or general parking permits issued by Tulane, will be allowed to park any vehicle on campus without a game day parking permit. There will be absolutely no exceptions to this.

To free campus parking spaces for game day, all vehicles must be removed from campus by 10 p.m. the night before any home game at Yulman Stadium. Students with residential parking permits will be required to park on the top two floors of the Diboll Center. Any other vehicles parked anywhere on campus after 10 p.m. the night before a home game will be towed. Normal parking operations will resume three hours after the end of the game. This three-hour window will allow fans to leave campus safely and mitigate any traffic problems.

The opening of Yulman Stadium heralds the renewal of a cherished Tulane tradition. Our goal is to ensure that every game day at Tulane is a fun, safe and memorable event for everyone. While this game day parking arrangement may inconvenience some of you, it is absolutely necessary and reflects the best practices of universities nationwide. Your Tulane police officers plan to work extra hours and extra hard to help you cooperate with these new parking requirements. One of our primary goals is to avoid having to tow anyone’s car. Please help us achieve this goal and ensure a safe and enjoyable game day experience for everyone, including our out-of-town guests.

We plan more communication regarding the game day parking plan in the months ahead. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Jon Barnwell

Tulane University Police Department Superintendent

Winning friends and influencing people, Tulane style.

You're not lying about cramming it in there. Where in the world are people going to park or tailgate?

To The Tulane Community:

Excitement is building as we approach Sept. 6 and the historic first home game at Yulman Stadium. Demand for tickets has been great and is increasing daily. In order to minimize the impact of game day operations on the surrounding neighborhood, Tulane will restrict on-campus parking for the Sept. 6 opening game and all subsequent home games at Yulman Stadium to fans who have purchased game day parking passes. All parking spaces, including those normally reserved “all hours” for parking permit holders and those in the Diboll Parking Garage, will be used for fan parking on game days. If you need to come to campus for study, research or any other purpose on a home game day you will only be allowed to enter campus on foot or bicycle. No one, not even faculty, staff or top administrators with reserved parking spots or general parking permits issued by Tulane, will be allowed to park any vehicle on campus without a game day parking permit. There will be absolutely no exceptions to this.

To free campus parking spaces for game day, all vehicles must be removed from campus by 10 p.m. the night before any home game at Yulman Stadium. Students with residential parking permits will be required to park on the top two floors of the Diboll Center. Any other vehicles parked anywhere on campus after 10 p.m. the night before a home game will be towed. Normal parking operations will resume three hours after the end of the game. This three-hour window will allow fans to leave campus safely and mitigate any traffic problems.

The opening of Yulman Stadium heralds the renewal of a cherished Tulane tradition. Our goal is to ensure that every game day at Tulane is a fun, safe and memorable event for everyone. While this game day parking arrangement may inconvenience some of you, it is absolutely necessary and reflects the best practices of universities nationwide. Your Tulane police officers plan to work extra hours and extra hard to help you cooperate with these new parking requirements. One of our primary goals is to avoid having to tow anyone’s car. Please help us achieve this goal and ensure a safe and enjoyable game day experience for everyone, including our out-of-town guests.

We plan more communication regarding the game day parking plan in the months ahead. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Jon Barnwell

Tulane University Police Department Superintendent

Winning friends and influencing people, Tulane style.

I can't speak for every school in the country, but that's pretty much exactly the parking policy on every SEC campus. The lots close to anyone without a football parking pass the night before. Usually start towing around midnight, unless there's an event on campus that night.

BrandMooreArt said...

Nike isnt focused on making unique designs, they are giving everyone very similar designs (if not exact copies) and concentrating on new textures/patterns and number fonts to separate their clients from one another. wood is just something that hasen't been done before. and i could write a book about how much i hate that

This is a really smart observation. It seems pretty surprising to me that Nike isn't getting more criticism for what they're doing here. It's pretty much what most of us (including me, for the most part) do in our concepts section. Take a basic template, paste in colors, and add a clever font. But we do in concepts because its a hobby. Nike is doing it on a huge stage and making a fortune off of it. Their only aesthetic innovation that's current being pushed are these tired sublimated patterns. Personally, I was over those after the first few times I saw them... at least there's some entertainment value to be had in the embarrassingly transparent sell job Nike does on the "deep meaning" behind the pattern. This is bald-faced laziness.

Although you could actually make an argument the "Lazy Nike" is preferable to "Innovative Nike"... they got aesthetically innovative with the NFL in Tampa, Seattle, and Jacksonville, and those are unmitigated disasters.

Eh, they'll figure it out. Remember that Tulane used to have a MUCH larger on-campus stadium back in the day:

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

BrandMooreArt said...

Nike isnt focused on making unique designs, they are giving everyone very similar designs (if not exact copies) and concentrating on new textures/patterns and number fonts to separate their clients from one another. wood is just something that hasen't been done before. and i could write a book about how much i hate that

This is a really smart observation. It seems pretty surprising to me that Nike isn't getting more criticism for what they're doing here. It's pretty much what most of us (including me, for the most part) do in our concepts section. Take a basic template, paste in colors, and add a clever font. But we do in concepts because its a hobby. Nike is doing it on a huge stage and making a fortune off of it. Their only aesthetic innovation that's current being pushed are these tired sublimated patterns. Personally, I was over those after the first few times I saw them... at least there's some entertainment value to be had in the embarrassingly transparent sell job Nike does on the "deep meaning" behind the pattern. This is bald-faced laziness.

Although you could actually make an argument the "Lazy Nike" is preferable to "Innovative Nike"... they got aesthetically innovative with the NFL in Tampa, Seattle, and Jacksonville, and those are unmitigated disasters.

Nike is one of the absolute best when it comes to visual branding and getting their clients/customers to conform to their visual identity of the moment. They clearly develop a master template/design 1st as a master identity (or whatever design that they want to push) then the actual team specific uniform design becomes a paint by number process. This allows some creative design but it also forces a standardized and ultimately derivative look across their teams. Where nike has really succeeded and is their ability to market custom or unique uniforms by using techniques like sublimation. It's a cheap process and gives the illusion that a designer actually went to great lengths to develop custom fabrics etc.

Eh, they'll figure it out. Remember that Tulane used to have a MUCH larger on-campus stadium back in the day:

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

That's incredible. I had no idea Tulane football was that big once upon a time. If I didn't know any better, I would think I was looking at The Rose Bowl or Notre Dame Stadium.

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

That's incredible. I had no idea Tulane football was that big once upon a time. If I didn't know any better, I would think I was looking at The Rose Bowl or Notre Dame Stadium.

That was back when Tulane was a SEC school. They must have to kick themselves every day for leaving.

Also Boise State has a new name for their stadium.

Bronco_Stadium_2012.jpg

BroncoStadium.jpg

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

That was back when Tulane was a SEC school. They have to kick themselves everyday for leaving.

BroncoStadium.jpg

It was only a matter of time before Boise did that.

old-tulane-stadium.jpg

That was back when Tulane was a SEC school. They have to kick themselves everyday for leaving.

BroncoStadium.jpg

It was only a matter of time before Boise did that.

Coincidentally, and probably not that important, the College of Idaho used to be known as Albertson College, named after the family that started the chain.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived