College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new SMU unis:

Throwback or not these are boring. At least the northwestern stripes on the shoulders were unique.

Boring? I wish my Coogs new uni's looked half as good.

SMU2014SM_zpsb60759f5.jpg

SMU2014PANTS_zpsd6bc0cc3.png

I'm not really a fan of the white helmet-red jersey-gray pants. t way.

An easy fix would be to add a red throwback helmet to the mix.

51GeidukHQL__SY300__zps30d1d461.jpg

Though the Hail State is kinda stupid (it'd be better if it said Miss. State or the like)...it's actually a solid uniform. The huge logo on the pants is not the worst. Love the helmet with the white facemask. It'll be nice watching Missippi Staayte games again :)

Those are just for next Saturday's game vs USM. Regular unis will stay the same.

Sadly.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of these throwbacks. Maroon and Black don't go together. I maintain that Mississippi State's regular unis are the best they've ever had. The only drawback is the huge similarity to Texas A&M.

Maroon and black doesn't look awful. Quite a few FCS teams use maroon and black - Colgate, Fairfield, Fordham, Montana (with silver), et al...

So you don't like South Carolina? I think they look fine albeit Garnet is not exactly maroon

I don't know if this is directed to me...but I don't mind South Carolina. I liked the 90s garnet helmets.

it was...but more of a question..maybe they should swap the black for gold ?

Swap black for gold...and look like Florida State? No thanks. South Carolina's colors are fine. Colleges shouldn't be in the business of swapping out school colors they've had for over 100 years

The gold would be a reference to their egg bowl set, which didn't look that bad to me , as long as they do it right

msst-12-allwhite-sprucederden-675x380.jp

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Though the Hail State is kinda stupid (it'd be better if it said Miss. State or the like)...it's actually a solid uniform. The huge logo on the pants is not the worst. Love the helmet with the white facemask. It'll be nice watching Missippi Staayte games again :)

Those are just for next Saturday's game vs USM. Regular unis will stay the same.

Sadly.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of these throwbacks. Maroon and Black don't go together. I maintain that Mississippi State's regular unis are the best they've ever had. The only drawback is the huge similarity to Texas A&M.

Maroon and black doesn't look awful. Quite a few FCS teams use maroon and black - Colgate, Fairfield, Fordham, Montana (with silver), et al...

So you don't like South Carolina? I think they look fine albeit Garnet is not exactly maroon

I don't know if this is directed to me...but I don't mind South Carolina. I liked the 90s garnet helmets.

it was...but more of a question..maybe they should swap the black for gold ?

Swap black for gold...and look like Florida State? No thanks. South Carolina's colors are fine. Colleges shouldn't be in the business of swapping out school colors they've had for over 100 years

The gold would be a reference to their egg bowl set, which didn't look that bad to me , as long as they do it right

msst-12-allwhite-sprucederden-675x380.jp

Thought you were talking about South Carolina switching to gold, primarily.since you asked about South Carolina. Mississippi State should only wear gold for the Egg Bowl.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The grey Illinois jersey has been officially released. It's for sale on Fanatics's website. It looks weird since they excluded orange and only used grey & navy. There are also people who have said they've seen Illinois mini helmets with their shield logo on them that will go on sale soon. I don't know the color of the helmet or if they'll be worn with these jerseys.

SYAn3Fa.jpg

I don't understand why orange wasn't used anywhere on the jersey, especially since Illinois has been emphasizing orange a lot the past few years. The sleeve striping should have been navy/orange/navy and the numbers navy with orange trim.

Those Illinois grey jerseys are very odd. The template looks more like UnderArmour's new design. There's no "ventilation" areas on the front or back. I really don't know what to think of them.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived