Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

113 pages of anger and we haven't even seen them play one snap with them on (Madden video game doesn't count). I was equally as shocked as the rest when they announced their uniform change, but wow, 113 pages with really nothing to offer? I've seen the Limited versions in person and outside of the odd number font, they really don't look as bad as this thread makes them out to be. I'm reserving full judgement until the first preseason game.

Is this what happened when the Seahawks changed uniforms?

No. There was a lot of dislike on this board for the Seahawks' new uniform when it was introduced, but some support, also. Pretty mixed overall.

I've been a regular on here for quite a while now, and I've never seen a uniform debut this universally hated before. You're right, we haven't seen the actual on field uniform yet, but we've seen what its going to look like. Not pretty. Unless they've just been pulling an elaborate prank on everyone and plan to run out of the tunnel in last year's outfits, I don't see too many people on this board changing their minds.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I look at these, the more I actually like the look, except the numbers. If they had changed the font, this would've been way more accepted. But the old look was indeed better than this one. That is a given.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

I understand the sentiment of "look good except the numbers" because 1) the numbers really are the horrible part here and 2) the rest of the look is not that gaudy. Nevertheless, could anyone really think, even with more reasonable numbers, that this is an upgrade over what they had? Maybe. To me, their uniforms were reaching "modern classic" level.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Because the buccaneers got new helmets for everyone on the team for this season, doesn't that sort of go against the NFL's helmet rule, where it said that "player's helmets are fitted perfectly, and switching to a different helmet could not feel right and could cause serious injury." I can't be the first person to see a flaw here

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Because the buccaneers got new helmets for everyone on the team for this season, doesn't that sort of go against the NFL's helmet rule, where it said that "player's helmets are fitted perfectly, and switching to a different helmet could not feel right and could cause serious injury." I can't be the first person to see a flaw here

As of right now, the one helmet rule is only during the season. A lot of players change helmet styles during the off season. The rule isn't "One helmet per career".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As of right now, the one helmet rule is only during the season. A lot of players change helmet styles during the off season. The rule isn't "One helmet per career".

Ya that's like saying a player cant get a new helmet if his original helmet cracked in the first game and cant play the rest of the season.

I'm surprised by how many people seem to be saying it's alright bar the numbers; even ignoring them, let's review the flaws here:

- Slight chrome effect on the helmet means that it looks a completely different shade to the pewter anywhere else on the uniform

- Massively oversized helmet logo ends up getting obscured by facemask and chinstrap clips

- Fully shiny facemask clashes with the helmet shell

- Pewter helmets, yokes and pants is TOO MUCH. They're supposed to be red or white, yet the overwhelming color is just pewter

- Differing logos on each sleeve, pick the ship or the 'Bucs' script, don't have one of each

- Tiny orange strip separating the yokes from the body of the uniform looks really awkward, also highly reminiscent of those inserts Nike is coming up with excuses to use for every single college uniform it unveils this year

- The ongoing death of traditional pants striping.

Would normal numbers be an improvement on what we have, oh dear god yes, even then though these are still very, very high up in the list of worst NFL uniforms ever made.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Something doesn't look right to me with the pewter in these uniforms. It's either too dark or too flat of a finish. I see no redeeming value in these uniforms ... Huge downgrade from a previously great look.

IMO, the NFL teams of Florida all have bad uniforms.

Correction re: Redeeming value

The more I look at the uniforms of Tampa and Jacksonville, the more I appreciate my Dolphins' uniforms.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

The pewter on the jersey and pants comes off looking brown to me. It's a shame they would change to this because they had great uniforms. I can't believe anyone thinks these look better than what they had before.

I think these would be tolerable with a smaller helmet logo, no yokes, a different font, using the red sock option, and nike using a shiny "pewter" instead of "toffee" or whatever they call it on their website...and an alt orange jersey.

KISSwall09.jpg

The pewter on the jersey and pants comes off looking brown to me. It's a shame they would change to this because they had great uniforms. I can't believe anyone thinks these look better than what they had before.

This is my biggest complaint and one that I see far less than talk about the number font.

The pewter of the pants/shoulders and the pewter of the helmet may as well be completely different colors. Looks awful. How did anyone think putting ultra-glossy elements next to flat ones would look good?

I think these would be tolerable with a smaller helmet logo, no yokes, a different font, using the red sock option, and nike using a shiny "pewter" instead of "toffee" or whatever they call it on their website...and an alt orange jersey.

So basically light it on fire and start from scratch.

I'm surprised by how many people seem to be saying it's alright bar the numbers; even ignoring them, let's review the flaws here:

- Slight chrome effect on the helmet means that it looks a completely different shade to the pewter anywhere else on the uniform

- Massively oversized helmet logo ends up getting obscured by facemask and chinstrap clips

- Pewter helmets, yokes and pants is TOO MUCH. They're supposed to be red or white, yet the overwhelming color is just pewter

- Differing logos on each sleeve, pick the ship or the 'Bucs' script, don't have one of each

- Tiny orange strip separating the yokes from the body of the uniform looks really awkward, also highly reminiscent of those inserts Nike is coming up with excuses to use for every single college uniform it unveils this year

Would normal numbers be an improvement on what we have, oh dear god yes, even then though these are still very, very high up in the list of worst NFL uniforms ever made.

This pretty much nails it. In fact, you could say the enormously bad number font is sort of "saving" the rest of this mess from the criticism it deserves. I thought the same thing about the Jags helmet... its so over-the-top terrible it keeps you from noticing how bad everything else is.

That's very true. IMO those Jags unis are an absolute dumpster fire of awful ideas from top to bottom, something that doesn't get talked about enough because they wear the worst helmet in the history of football

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Ever since the Bucs changed uniforms in 1997 , one of their nicknames have always been the Pewter pirates so I see no problem with more pewter. Its a unique color that only the Bucs own and makes them stand out since a lot of NFL teams have red uniforms anyway.

Archived