2014 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see both the Dodgers and Angels pick up a game today on the rivals up north, it starting to get annoying the that the best record in both leagues belong to the As and Giants.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Nice to see both the Dodgers and Angels pick up a game today on the rivals up north, it starting to get annoying the that the best record in both leagues belong to the As and Giants.

Don't worry we hate you too down south.

I wouldn't concern myself too much about the A's. "Moneyball" is good enough to qualify them for the playoffs every other year, but they've really never done jacksh1t and flame out right away. Quite the opposite from the Giants.

6uXNWAo.png

Should I feel guilty in retrospect that I enjoyed all the homers, hits, and that feeling of no lead is safe during that 1996-2006 offense-heavy era? I admit I enjoyed it at the time, not knowing what was going on.

No. The playing field was equal....roided-up batters were facing roided-up pitchers.

I appreciate the history of baseball and all, but I don't get hung up on stats like I used to. All I care is that the Braves win or not.

Where's your proof that all players from that era where cheating? Craig Biggio, Randy Johnson, John Smoltz, and Pedro Martinez (big name players on next year's Hall of Fame ballot, and I know Biggio's been on the ballot before, I just feel like he'll get in next year) never tested positive for any PEDs during their careers.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Ultra top level talent will always win out, hardly anyone's saying that every single player in the majors was juicing, the point is more that 'average' major league guys were juicing, hence harder hit fly balls off faster pitching and therefore a major rise in home runs and general offense

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Would be accurate if he were actually throwing in the towel. I did get a lot of joy when the Mets took 4 of 5 vs. the Phillies. I can't stand the Phillies, going back to the 1970s. 1980 was awful for me...but even that I tempered with the knowledge that they had to have Pete Rose and they beat 2 mamby-pamby expansion teams to get their first World Series trophy. Then in 2008 the Phils defeated yet another 10 year old expansion team. They've never beaten any established AL teams in the Fall Classic.

Since the advent of 3 divisions & wildcard teams, only the Toronto Blue Jays (1993) and Kansas City Royals (1985) have not qualified for post-season. Every other MLB club has qualified at least once, with the Pittsburgh Pirates (1992) coming off the "schneid" last autumn. Is it feasible that both the Jays & the Royals could qualify for the 2014 American League playoffs?

Since the advent of 3 divisions & wildcard teams, only the Toronto Blue Jays (1993) and Kansas City Royals (1985) have not qualified for post-season. Every other MLB club has qualified at least once, with the Pittsburgh Pirates (1992) coming off the "schneid" last autumn. Is it feasible that both the Jays & the Royals could qualify for the 2014 American League playoffs?

And with the Reds looking boringly mediocre these are the two teams I'm pulling for. I think the Jays can do it. I don't know about KC.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived