NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the consensus on the Rams' helmets. When doing a throwback, it's nice to be as accurate as possible and get the quirks right, even when they're to the detriment of the overall look. However, in porting that look to a full-time jersey, the helmets should definitely be changed to royal blue to match the rest of the set.

The Rams looked incredible last night (aesthetically, not in performance). I know the Rams would never go full-on back to that set, and when they do get a new set it will likely be thoroughly Nikefied, but damnit, those colors. Such a great color palette. That's how the Rams should look. It would be a victory just to get a blue and yellow set back in the NFL. Since the Rams ruined whatever redeeming qualities their current set had when they dropped the gold pants, made the gold beige and went to toilet seat collars, there's no reason not to fully jettison this current mess.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Rams Executive VP Kevin Demoff has made a few comments about the Blue and Whites...

Let's assume a couple of things:

1. The one helmet rule will remain in place for a while.

2. Said mentioned Blue & Whites will be the alternate.

If you change the helmet to royal to match the jersey, your very plain blue & white alternates end up looking like the Colts.

If you keep a similar shade of blue to what you're currently wearing, while switching the gold to yellow, you have a little more freedom to switch back and forth.

Personally, I think we'll see something closer to this (concept by McCall)

RamsConceptBG.png

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Yeah, royal blue would be the way to go. Also, they should switch to an old-school knit collar like the Bills and Pats use. Other than those tweaks, and maybe using their custom number font, the old-school sleeve-horn look should be brought back untouched.

I know this puts me firmly in "unpopular opinion" territory, but I've never been a huge fan of having a set of horns on the sleeve. Unlike most logos, the Rams' helmet horn mimic a very specific element of real-world rams... the fact that this particular animal has horns on it's head... not on it's shoulders. Putting it on the sleeves implies that ram-inspired players actually have four horns, total. I know that shouldn't be a huge deal, but I just can't get past it.

The throwback color scheme, however, is beyond gorgeous, and it's astonishing to me that anyone could perfer the current drab mess to it.

Just my two cents. If the Rams decide to go back to those classic colors one day, their home jerseys should be yellow. The NFL needs a team that primarily wears yellow jerseys.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The rams were the one team that could get away with stripe less pants, and those pants even made them the one team that could effectively pull off side panels (though I don't mind NE's as much as most). Ditching the gold pants was absurd. I can't see how any owner or team decision maker could think the mono look is better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, royal blue would be the way to go. Also, they should switch to an old-school knit collar like the Bills and Pats use. Other than those tweaks, and maybe using their custom number font, the old-school sleeve-horn look should be brought back untouched.

I know this puts me firmly in "unpopular opinion" territory, but I've never been a huge fan of having a set of horns on the sleeve. Unlike most logos, the Rams' helmet horn mimic a very specific element of real-world rams... the fact that this particular animal has horns on it's head... not on it's shoulders. Putting it on the sleeves implies that ram-inspired players actually have four horns, total. I know that shouldn't be a huge deal, but I just can't get past it.

The throwback color scheme, however, is beyond gorgeous, and it's astonishing to me that anyone could perfer the current drab mess to it.

Meh, the sleeve-horns are technically overkill, but they still look good and are a unique element.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Just my two cents. If the Rams decide to go back to those classic colors one day, their home jerseys should be yellow. The NFL needs a team that primarily wears yellow jerseys.

I'll take any excuse to post these again... in my top 5 all time favorite NFL uniforms.

ab2f751b4a7c902b5e79f01e21396057.jpg

Oh, yeah baby.

Gorgeous.

...but damnit, those colors. Such a great color palette. That's how the Rams should look. It would be a victory just to get a blue and yellow set back in the NFL.

I don't get the feeling that too many people agree with me, but I've always thought the Chargers looked their best when they looked like this. The change to the white lightning bolt messed it up and the later switch to white helmets took it even further in the wrong direction.

dan_fouts_1974_10_01.jpgaahv129.jpg

The Rams should wear navy jersey's and solid vegas gold pants (like they used to). They should also be the only team in the NFL with a solid pair of navy pants too (the stripes on those pants have never made sense). Ditch the white pants.

The throwembacks aren't anything special. The navy and gold's were. And the fact they aren't wearing them anymore is beyond goofy.

Its the Chargers who should bring yellow back to their set. They should s-can the navy pants and go with either white or yellow pants in their set. Both white and yellow pants would look better with a white helmet. Plus it would differentiate them from the other navy/white teams in the league and its a traditional look for SD.

And I am over the Washington football team's yellow britches. They were OK when they weren't worn every stinkin week. Their uniforms are a mismatched mess to begin with. They need a complete re-do and will likely get that once they are finally forced to change their nickname. Until then, I'd like to see the white pants make a return. Just something different then seeing the same 2 looks every week for this dead-in-the-water franchise. And for the love of Pete....get rid of those mismatched socks already. They are awful. Find a solid pair of burgundy socks and use those. You know the players hate them too. Nobody likes wearing those ugly things in 2014. For the Bears or the Jets, they make sense. Not for the Washington's.

Chris Chase, a writer for USA Today wrote an article on USAToday.com titled, 9 NFL Throwback that should become permanant. The funny thing about his number one choice is that it is not even a throwback. He picked the San Diego Chargers alternate uniform instead of the actual throwback. But the rest of the article is interesting. Out of the 9 teams he mentioned, I would only agree with 5.

spacer.png

Eagles look to be wearing all black Sunday night vs the Giants. This would confirm earlier speculation about a team adding a new colored pair of pants to their rotation. http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/10/the-eagles-midnight-green-jerseys-still-arent-ready-so-theyll-wear-black-against-the-giants-on-sunday-night.html I'll be the first to say that this is going to look awful. It looks bad enough when the Ravens and Jags do it, but at least they have black (ish) helmets to match. Then again, midnight green at this point is starting to look more like a shade of grey.

Someone Photoshop the pants to black on this one and you'll have your look eaglesblackjerseygreenpants.jpg
Just did it quick on my phone....one with black socks, one with Green socksh76gomF.jpgrBnxtdI.jpg

I think that there is no way they could look worse than most of the black pants in the league. The stripes that will most likely be on them should already set it above the Ravens, Saints, and Jags.

What did you use to do this on your phone?
An app called ArtStudio, think Photoshop lite, there is a free version and one that's a couple of bucks.

Good for quick stuff like that, photo-manips, and resizing images....everything you need for forum posting ha.

Cool thanks!

Maybe I'll finally be able to do a concept lol

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived