NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

The Seahawks best look is all grey, all white, and monochrome blue. Thy should never even try to interchange the pants with a different colored jersey. Always throws off the balance of the whole set. The one change would be the socks with the blue pants, but I'm not really sure what your options really are in that aspect.

The color balance is off regardless. That's the main problem with that uniform. The helmet is navy/gray/white with a tiny amount of green. The home jersey is navy/gray/green with no white at all. The road jersey is white/navy/ a small amount of green with no gray at all. The gray jersey has no white (and is basically an ugly mess). The navy pants are navy/green with no white or gray. The gray pants are gray/navy with no white or green. The white pants are white/navy with no gray or green. Basically, the helmet is the sole piece of the set where all four colors are represented, and even there the color balance sucks because the most important secondary color, green, is just a tiny dot on the eyeball.

I strongly disagree with you that the monochrome looks are the best for them. To me, the best Seahawk combos (and it's not even close) are navy jerseys over gray pants, white jerseys over gray pants, and gray jerseys out back in a dumpster. But even if you were right, that's still a big problem. Any time you can say the monochrome version of a uniform is the best, then that uniforms needs changing.

So the monochrome looks the colors don't balance. But you "strongly feel" that your combos you like balance the colors better? The helmet is essentially blue. The combos you choose do not in any way balance the colors more.....white jersey, gray pants, blue helmet great combo? You have to be kidding me...

Um, nope... not "kidding" you.

If you'd take the time to read what I'd wrote, you'd see that I said the colors don't balance on any single piece. I went through every piece of the uniform and explained why (regardless of the combination chosen) the colors will be out of balance.

I never said the colors balance better in the combos I prefer... the color balance is still off as a fault in the design. I simply said the Seahawks look better in navy or white over gray. Because the monochrome uniforms suck.

You're welcome to your opinion. Don't have to act like your opinion is absolutely correct. Being that i can read and write...i did indeed read what you had to say. You like the Vikings I see so I know life can be hard and very frustrating.

RollTribe - Just to let you know, OldSchoolVikings hates all monochrome uniforms and he is very adamant on that stance. As for me, I believe that the Seahawks best looks are the following: All-Blue (monochrome) for home games and either B-W-B or B-W-G for road games. However, I absolutely hate the all-gray look as it just looks like a dirty white uniform. With that being said, I completely understand OSV point of view as Nike failed in making these uniforms match up various ways as the white & gray uniforms are missing green and the navy uniforms are missing gray.

spacer.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OldSchoolVikes is it because of the monochrome purple incident of the Vikes from back in the day that brings you this hatred? Because the Viqueens lose no matter what combos they wear. ;-) but the Seahawks all grey look is pretty weak. All blue and all white are pretty good, and B/W/B is also a decent look that I kinda forgot about. The uniforms overall are good, not great, but not bad and ill just leave it at that.

tempfunny-07--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpgtempfunny-09--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Yeah they appear to be flat - which SUCKS, since they were originally designed to be metallic. This will look really drab under the lights. Hopefully the sweatbox isn't as bad as it is with the Jets' green unis. The Vinny Curry (#75) shot is not encouraging, since you can clearly tell a difference between the side panel and main panel - and presumably he's not even sweating yet.

Also, if there was a charcoal strip between the white and green stripes on the black pants, it sure looks like black in the close-up pics. I really think they could have done that better. thick charcoal, thin white, thick green would have worked much better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I prefer the flat material. I kind of always have, even with the pants.

If they could somehow solve the nasty sweat spots, that'd be great...

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Yeah they appear to be flat - which SUCKS, since they were originally designed to be metallic. This will look really drab under the lights. Hopefully the sweatbox isn't as bad as it is with the Jets' green unis. The Vinny Curry (#75) shot is not encouraging, since you can clearly tell a difference between the side panel and main panel - and presumably he's not even sweating yet.

Also, if there was a charcoal strip between the white and green stripes on the black pants, it sure looks like black in the close-up pics. I really think they could have done that better. thick charcoal, thin white, thick green would have worked much better.

I missed something. Why did the Eagles switch to the flywire collars?

The Eagles greens do look bad. The black toilet seat doesn't help, but the flat green material looks like the old nylon Hutch/Franklin jerseys

Franklin-Sports-NFL-Philadelphia-Eagles-

You can already see the sweat boxes will be an issue as just pointed out.

Side note, Foles is the goofiest-looking player in the NFL.

87Redskins.png

I prefer the flat material. I kind of always have, even with the pants.

If they could somehow solve the nasty sweat spots, that'd be great...

It's possible but would require using a single type of fabric throughout the jersey which would either make the jersey too heavy and less breathable or too thin and flimsy. I don't either of those scenarios would meet the standards of nike or the eagles for an on field product. Basically that solution would be an adidas techfit design which would likely require nike to develop (or license) an entirely new fabric.

Using the ducks&bama/mach speed as a potential basis for the next generation nfl template it's possible the stomach panel could be somewhat less noticeable moving forward just based on the mesh placement. Given that the bottom third of the jersey looks to be entirely made of mesh they may be trading the sweat box effect for an unintended half-shirt effect.

The Eagles looked terrible last night. They should probably never wear black jerseys, and they certainly shouldn't wear black pants. Either way, it was good that the pants had stripes, but they did them wrong. The charcoal was invisible (at least from those pictures). The thick white stripe is overpowering, and the thinner green blends into the black. They should have gone with thick green, thin charcoal, thinner white between them.

It's good the green jerseys are back, but they look much worse than before. They'll look even worse when paired with their sparkly metallic helmets, which will look like a different color. I agree with BBTV that this Eagles set was designed to be in shimmery materials, and it is a huge drop-off going to flat. I'll go out on a limb and say everybody will hate these and it'll precipitate a change back to kelly green in a few years.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I actually liked the all black from the Eagles. I actually thought there was good contrast between the green and the black on the pants.

On the Seahawks topic, I'm a Seahawks fan (not a bandwagoner) and I hate the all blue. Its not a good look. I prefer the Navy/Grey (jersey/pants) combo, and the White/Navy combo. One combo I wish they would roll out is the Grey/Navy.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I dont hate Nike's take on the Eagles' midnight green. However the BIG ASS flywire collar on that jersey looks like it's made of leather. They should've just left that green as well. If other teams that use black as an outline/tertiary color (like the Lions) can leave it off the jersey collar, so should they.

I prefer the shiny material myself, but I am glad to see these jerseys are not like the Jets and have 18 million different colors of green on them.

spacer.png

When was the last time Seattle even wore the gray uniform? I remember they wore it in the HOF game against the Bills whatever year that was, but I don't remember seeing it since.

Last time they went Grey/Grey I think was last season against the Cardinals at Arizona

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived