NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

Just a guess, but the official color probably didn't change. Nike's ability to replicate the official color may be suspect. I thought it looked fine, personally... but I don't always notice these things.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty amazing that the "gloves that make a kewl design when you put your hands together in a very specific way that nobody ever does except in promo shots to explicitly show off the gloves" fad has stuck around.

It's a penalty when players put their hands together to display it after a touchdown.

Atleast that's what I've been led to believe- something along the lines of props added to celebrations.

Might be only in college

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Eagles look to be wearing all black Sunday night vs the Giants. This would confirm earlier speculation about a team adding a new colored pair of pants to their rotation. http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/10/the-eagles-midnight-green-jerseys-still-arent-ready-so-theyll-wear-black-against-the-giants-on-sunday-night.html I'll be the first to say that this is going to look awful. It looks bad enough when the Ravens and Jags do it, but at least they have black (ish) helmets to match. Then again, midnight green at this point is starting to look more like a shade of grey.

Someone Photoshop the pants to black on this one and you'll have your look

eaglesblackjerseygreenpants.jpg

Just did it quick on my phone....one with black socks, one with Green socks

h76gomF.jpg

rBnxtdI.jpg

I think that there is no way they could look worse than most of the black pants in the league. The stripes that will most likely be on them should already set it above the Ravens, Saints, and Jags.

What did you use to do this on your phone?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The Eagles looked terrible last night. They should probably never wear black jerseys, and they certainly shouldn't wear black pants. Either way, it was good that the pants had stripes, but they did them wrong. The charcoal was invisible (at least from those pictures). The thick white stripe is overpowering, and the thinner green blends into the black. They should have gone with thick green, thin charcoal, thinner white between them.

It's good the green jerseys are back, but they look much worse than before. They'll look even worse when paired with their sparkly metallic helmets, which will look like a different color. I agree with BBTV that this Eagles set was designed to be in shimmery materials, and it is a huge drop-off going to flat. I'll go out on a limb and say everybody will hate these and it'll precipitate a change back to kelly green in a few years.

Just wait until they wear the black pants with the green jerseys. The black pants are out of the bag. You can't put that toothpaste back in the tube.

You know it'll happen and it'll look terrible and dumb people will love it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

With all this hoopla over the eagles, with the green jerseys finally going to be ready soon-ish (I'd hope) and them having new black pants to go with the black jerseys, I doubt that they are going to be changing their uniform any time soon like it was rumored.

Hey Colorwerx,

Maybe I'm seeing something different but did the swatches for Midnight Green change at all with the new jersey? The Color definitely looks lighter.

Just a guess, but the official color probably didn't change. Nike's ability to replicate the official color may be suspect. I thought it looked fine, personally... but I don't always notice these things.

No "official" change. Any changes are more than likely due to the manufacturing (as was stated).

Hypothetically, if the Rams were to bring this look back full time, would you change the color of the helmet to Royal Blue, or keep it Navy like it's been in the past.

I'd do what the Giants did, and lighten the blue to better match the jerseys. There'd still be ample contract with the gold, probably more than there is now.

Hypothetically, if the Rams were to bring this look back full time, would you change the color of the helmet to Royal Blue, or keep it Navy like it's been in the past.

I think the helmet should be changed to royal blue...no need to be mis-matched in 2014. The color yellow looks sooooo much better than Vegas gold.

Eagles look to be wearing all black Sunday night vs the Giants. This would confirm earlier speculation about a team adding a new colored pair of pants to their rotation. http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/10/the-eagles-midnight-green-jerseys-still-arent-ready-so-theyll-wear-black-against-the-giants-on-sunday-night.html I'll be the first to say that this is going to look awful. It looks bad enough when the Ravens and Jags do it, but at least they have black (ish) helmets to match. Then again, midnight green at this point is starting to look more like a shade of grey.

Someone Photoshop the pants to black on this one and you'll have your look eaglesblackjerseygreenpants.jpg
Just did it quick on my phone....one with black socks, one with Green socksh76gomF.jpgrBnxtdI.jpg

I think that there is no way they could look worse than most of the black pants in the league. The stripes that will most likely be on them should already set it above the Ravens, Saints, and Jags.

What did you use to do this on your phone?
An app called ArtStudio, think Photoshop lite, there is a free version and one that's a couple of bucks.

Good for quick stuff like that, photo-manips, and resizing images....everything you need for forum posting ha.

Change it to royal blue. There's no reason to keep it navy now since it's possible to have a royal helmet that matches the jerseys. And I hope they go back to the royal blue and yellow soon. It's one of my all-time favorite uniforms and looks so much better than navy and gold. Going back to blue and white would be an upgrade too, but I think the yellow really makes that uniform.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived